PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Video use
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Video use  (Read 6409 times)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Video use
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 10:47:41 PM »

I would be interested to know the figures for the past couple of seasons regarding arrests, expulsions and banning orders at Moss Lane.

I'd be surprised if it warrented such action. I bet there are more incidents at the town centre shops on a given Saturday afternoon.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

markecky

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 10:53:03 PM »

It says its being done on the advice of Greater Manchester Police and will allow us to keep police costs down. 

Presumably by being able to identify troublemakers on video when they are causing trouble (like Luton) and then call the police, when they arrive they can see the video and find the culprit.

They are not going to be filming pensioners for twenty minutes and storing the footage in an archive for 20 years  FFS

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2009, 11:12:50 PM »

Ecky is bang on.

This move isn't for the benefit of our 800 or so home hardcore. This is for when 600 York fans turn up on the 28th or when Oxford invade the ground in April. Away teams with large support inevitably seem to attract a few lads who think they can take the piss at a ground like ours. With a camera on them they may think twice.

If you attend a game as an away fan in any of the top 4 divisions getting filmed is a regular part of the away day experience. Indeed I well recall all of us being filmed by the cops at Nuneaton in the Play off semi a few years back.

No big drama and I don't think people need to get worked up about this.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 11:16:28 PM »

FFS indeed!

Is everything the club ever do acceptable because its the club that do it?

My take is that firstly the local plod are saying sort it yourselves and if its an issue we'll have a look later, so less back up to our very good and qualified stewards.

Secondly, our very good, friendly and well regarded stewarding staff lose the human touch and appear more officious and authoritarian.

We may as well hire the people from Rushden/ Mansfield/ Ebbsfleet etc.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 11:20:00 PM »

It says its being done on the advice of Greater Manchester Police and will allow us to keep police costs down. 

Presumably by being able to identify troublemakers on video when they are causing trouble (like Luton) and then call the police, when they arrive they can see the video and find the culprit.

They are not going to be filming pensioners for twenty minutes and storing the footage in an archive for 20 years  FFS

But surely David Birch needs a camera all to himself....?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 11:27:42 PM »

Good call Cult, perhaps there is a reason behind this.

markecky

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2009, 11:34:03 PM »

FFS indeed!

Is everything the club ever do acceptable because its the club that do it?

My take is that firstly the local plod are saying sort it yourselves and if its an issue we'll have a look later, so less back up to our very good and qualified stewards.

Secondly, our very good, friendly and well regarded stewarding staff lose the human touch and appear more officious and authoritarian.

We may as well hire the people from Rushden/ Mansfield/ Ebbsfleet etc.

My guess is that the local plod are saying that if you don't start using video (and catching up with other clubs in this league) then you will need more of us when you play the likes of York/Luton/Oxford.  And that will cost a lot of money that you could save by getting a £250 camcorder.  They are not doing it because they fancy doing a bit of camera work.

The club shouldn't have said anything and just done it.

The vast majority of the clubs fans who don't come on this forum will never even see a camera.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2009, 11:37:42 PM »

Fair point and I hope you are right.

Lets hope the camera spends most of its life in its box.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2009, 11:40:43 PM »

It could be rented out to fans when not in use at the club!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 11:46:02 PM »

It could be rented out to fans when not in use at the club!

Ooer, only if the "ahem" content was deleted/transferred to disc before its return naturally  ;D

Stockportalty

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2009, 09:09:46 AM »

Darren talked about the Luton fans that came on the pitch a few weeks ago when we called the police, at the time we had no idea what they would or wouldn't do, a couple of them had been on the pitch twice, so we called the police, when they saw the uniforms they behaved themselves so the pokice were not happy about being called out when we had nothing to show them of what had occured.
Sadly, as with all walks of life, we have to move on, there has to be changes made. otherwise we can be made to look like fools. This is another way of helping to keep everyone in the ground, home and away fans, safe and able to enjoy their football.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2009, 08:22:26 PM »

I would be interested to know the figures for the past couple of seasons regarding arrests, expulsions and banning orders at Moss Lane.

Since 2005 we have had one arrest at Altrincham (outside the ground) and one person was banned for the last half of the 2004-2005
Ejections we have had roughly about 8-10 in that time home and away supporters. Not a bad record.
We are getting more and nore ex league teams with large away followings so we have to move forward.
The stewarding staff will also will always try to be friendly and helpfull.
@AltyDaz

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2009, 08:53:50 PM »

Cheers Darren, that's usefull to know. A low number but again I'd say partly because of our calm and responsive stewarding policy, rather than the aggressive action we encounter sometimes.

My son is a Fulham fan, last week at a Europa League game someone alleged I was sitting in his seat. A steward approached and said to me " where is your ticket?" I replied , while still trying to see the game, in my pocket , why? The idiot then said, he could throw me out for being aggressive. I was in the correct seat, sat next to my 13 yr old son. The other fool was hopping about the stand trying to find a seat, nothing was said to him.

I just want us to be remembered by home fans, visitors and neutrals alike as a friendly club to visit.

Having raised this I now feel more secure that we ate not turning into a Rushden or even worse. 

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2009, 12:06:24 PM »

Better get my face mask out then, I don't want my face to be video when I force Ballers to give me a piggy back to the bar at half-time!

:D

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2009, 10:07:17 AM »

Better get my face mask out then, I don't want my face to be video when I force Ballers to give me a piggy back to the bar at half-time!

:D

Further to recent revelations regarding Gareth's private life, just make sure that it's not the other way round ;D
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Video use