PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chesterfield 'in talks' to sign Ryan Colclough
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Chesterfield 'in talks' to sign Ryan Colclough  (Read 14071 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chesterfield 'in talks' to sign Ryan Colclough
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2023, 02:06:11 PM »

Ryan is close to the Chesterfield manager so that could have a big part in him signing for them. Chesterfield are a decent club and Ryan will add a lot to their team, if he has gone then Good Luck to the bloke.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2023, 02:18:26 PM »

One tweet says it's a done deal, and the news article cites it.

If it is a done deal I hope he has doubled his money, plays half as often, and has lined the club's pocket fairly.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2023, 02:20:48 PM »

To be fair he has stayed longer than I thought he would and owes us nothing. Good luck to him.

We are however right up against it without him!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2023, 03:04:44 PM »

We are however right up against it without him!

That's a real understatement 😕
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2023, 04:03:06 PM »

on face book,says deal done.
It sounds like they are fishing to me,as nothing on chesterfields or our website saying its be done.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 04:53:39 PM by hsmith1 »
Harold

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2023, 05:03:12 PM »

Won't he be cup tied in the FA Trophy? Not sure if Chesterfield are still in it. What if Chesterfield don't make the playoffs. Don't think we will either if we let him go, unless we replace him but I imagine there is no decent dribbler of similar standard. Wish we could find another Paul Showler!!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2023, 05:07:22 PM »

Won't he be cup tied in the FA Trophy? Not sure if Chesterfield are still in it. What if Chesterfield don't make the playoffs. Don't think we will either if we let him go, unless we replace him but I imagine there is no decent dribbler of similar standard. Wish we could find another Paul Showler!!

They are out of the Trophy. Lost to Coalville.

I am not worried about not making the play-offs if we lose Ryan......more concerned about looking behind us without our best player
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2023, 05:26:13 PM »

I am not worried about not making the play-offs if we lose Ryan......more concerned about looking behind us without our best player

We have very specific examples of why that isn't likely to be the case - and indeed is the very model we're working to.

Firstly, he's not going to retire with us - maybe I see things differently to others, but I'd rather we banked a fee if he's told us he's not signing on next year (which is unlikely in the extreme). As long as we have Lundstram and Marriott in midfield, there's no way we'll be sucked into danger, whether we have Ryan or not.

Secondly, track record:

Sold Johnston - got stronger
Sold Hulme - got stronger
Sold Senior - got stronger

Might seem a bit ridiculously glass half full, but I'm excited to see what we can do with any proceeds of any hypothetical sale.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2023, 05:30:41 PM »

We have very specific examples of why that isn't likely to be the case - and indeed is the very model we're working to.

Firstly, he's not going to retire with us - maybe I see things differently to others, but I'd rather we banked a fee if he's told us he's not signing on next year (which is unlikely in the extreme). As long as we have Lundstram and Marriott in midfield, there's no way we'll be sucked into danger, whether we have Ryan or not.

Secondly, track record:

Might seem a bit ridiculously glass half full, but I'm excited to see what we can do with any proceeds of any hypothetical sale.
Unfortunately I am a glass half empty person, but you make good points

No problem if we get a decent fee for him.......it was always a catch-22 for us: lose a great player now for a decent fee or lose a greater player at season end for nowt.

I guess we are lucky that we have had him this long. He is a L1 player and was when we got him.

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2023, 05:33:38 PM »

I find myself usually in agreement with your posts but I think in this case you are being ridiculously glass-half-fullish mate.
Having said that, I sincerely hope you're right.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2023, 05:54:09 PM »

Secondly, track record:

I’m not sure about Hulme as that was an odd season, other than to say we never replaced him.

We haven’t been remotely stronger since Senior left. It’s taken 12 months to sign a replacement left back for him!

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2023, 06:11:38 PM »

Hopefully the release fee in Ryan's contract (which must have been met) will allow us to sign a couple of experienced National League/League 2 replacements.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2023, 06:14:34 PM »

Senior was a right back wasn't he?

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2023, 06:35:39 PM »

Hopefully the release fee in Ryan's contract (which must have been met) will allow us to sign a couple of experienced National League/League 2 replacements.

Rather have exciting younger wingers than experience, who have no legs.
Need one to be rapid, strong and direct to stretch teams and one who can interchange with our other forwards, like Newby.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2023, 06:37:10 PM »

I'm impressed with everyone's optimism here but I'm struggling to find many positives with losing one of the most exciting players I've ever seen here. Especially at a point when the team was racing up the table.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chesterfield 'in talks' to sign Ryan Colclough