PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sean Williams
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Sean Williams  (Read 11533 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sean Williams
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 12:03:28 PM »

Undoubtedly a popular player here; any shortcomings he did have last season weren't for lack of effort. I wish we'd have kept faith in him for longer, I really do.

Jimmy

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 01:04:35 PM »

Why would you want to keep Williams when we brought in class acts like okeefe Sinnott and Griffiths

brian1925

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 01:14:02 PM »

The decision to release Sean is just looking rather stupid right now. Good luck to the lad anyway.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 01:40:18 PM »

Why would you want to keep Williams when we brought in class acts like okeefe Sinnott and Griffiths
Exactly. There's too much criticism on this forum of the manager's decisions and tactics. He can't help it if he's run out of talent and sons.

roytonmike

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 01:40:30 PM »

I'm pleased for him - however, I have to say I didn't mourn his departure as I felt he wasn't up to Conference standard. On the other hand, someone to emulate his endeavour would be an asset - and certainly if O'Keefe is to be regarded as his replacement current evidence suggests we haven't got much of a bargain there.

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 01:44:51 PM »

Duncan Watmore being released by Utd.  Different scale, same issues.  There's a limit on resources so decisions have to be made to concentrate on those players that will contribute most.  Most are found to be the correct call, every now and then time proves a mistake has been made. Frustrating yes, but also inevitable every now and then.

Good luck to Sean.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 02:54:57 PM »

Duncan Watmore being released by Utd.  Different scale, same issues.  There's a limit on resources so decisions have to be made to concentrate on those players that will contribute most.  Most are found to be the correct call, every now and then time proves a mistake has been made. Frustrating yes, but also inevitable every now and then.

Good luck to Sean.

I'm not sure United are having many sleepless nights about releasing Watmore. He wouldn't be anywhere near the United team.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

GB Alty

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 02:59:25 PM »

The decision to release Sean is just looking rather stupid right now. Good luck to the lad anyway.
To be fair it looked stupid at the time!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 03:41:05 PM »

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but Sean Williams, apart from a lot of hustle and bustle, contributed very little. I don't remember much in the way of goals coming as  a result of his possession, and I can't even recall if he scored a single goal, although I could be wrong in that.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 03:42:33 PM »

Clearly the manager never rated Sean.
When he did play he was invariably the first to be substituted a decision that I and the fans who stand around me often found incomprehensible.
It's a pity Sean wasn't granted the same degree of support and patience a number of other young players have been shown.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 03:44:28 PM »

Oh what I would have given for a bit of Sean's hustle and bustle last Saturday Hale Alty.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 03:46:13 PM by AFC56 »

eightiesrobin

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 03:50:59 PM »

Sean Williams made 25 starts and a further 12 substitute appearances last year, which was more than Ryan Crowther (19 + 17) and comparable to Peter Cavanagh (30 + 6) and Nicky Clee (32 + 6). Admittedly Cavanagh and Clee missed games due to injury (and suspension!) but you get the picture.

I'm with roytonmike and Hale Alty here. Yes, lots of effort, but lots of poor passes followed by him chasing after the ball he'd just lost. If you remember the "Choose Alty" poster, with all the Youtube links embedded, Sean Williams's vignette was actually the goal he scored for Colwyn Bay against us.

IMO, a classic case of him becoming better now he's gone.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 03:53:10 PM by eightiesrobin »

Jimmy

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2015, 03:53:48 PM »

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but Sean Williams, apart from a lot of hustle and bustle, contributed very little. I don't remember much in the way of goals coming as  a result of his possession, and I can't even recall if he scored a single goal, although I could be wrong in that.
in my opinion it's not hindsight I thought he was decent enough last season but that's opinions are best run last season he was in the team that maybe a coincidence

ripleym

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2015, 04:43:29 PM »

Sean Williams made 25 starts and a further 12 substitute appearances last year, which was more than Ryan Crowther (19 + 17) and comparable to Peter Cavanagh (30 + 6) and Nicky Clee (32 + 6). Admittedly Cavanagh and Clee missed games due to injury (and suspension!) but you get the picture.

I'm with roytonmike and Hale Alty here. Yes, lots of effort, but lots of poor passes followed by him chasing after the ball he'd just lost. If you remember the "Choose Alty" poster, with all the Youtube links embedded, Sean Williams's vignette was actually the goal he scored for Colwyn Bay against us.

IMO, a classic case of him becoming better now he's gone.

Alty's version of Diego Forlan then?
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sean Williams