PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Thanks !!!!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Thanks !!!!  (Read 5715 times)

matnvfcmad

Thanks !!!!
« on: October 08, 2007, 01:35:18 PM »

for all you support which has been excellent  it really does show fans can put there rivalries aside during out tough time

anyway cheers for all your support to be honest now hope you lot have a good season

Alty365

Re: Thanks !!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 01:38:50 PM »

Is there any realistic chance of you making it through the season?

matnvfcmad

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 01:39:54 PM »

im afraid not i think our last game as nvfc will be against exeter city on saturday :(

Alty365

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 01:41:30 PM »

That's very sad indeed. I've said many times that your rivals are part of what defines you as a club and to lose one of our oldest and bitterest rivals in this way is horrible. Connett has a lot to answer for.

matnvfcmad

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 01:55:28 PM »

That's very sad indeed. I've said many times that your rivals are part of what defines you as a club and to lose one of our oldest and bitterest rivals in this way is horrible. Connett has a lot to answer for.

he sure does anyway after saturday he will be gone and we can start to reform AFC northwich victoria  and start in the north west counties telford have done it so why cant we

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 01:59:19 PM »

Didn't Telford somehow manage to start again in the Unibond League? Is this an option?

Alex

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 02:04:04 PM »

he sure does anyway after saturday he will be gone and we can start to reform AFC northwich victoria  and start in the north west counties telford have done it so why cant we

will you get ur green and white stripes back or will they play in this new all green concuction? i genuinly wish afc northwich all the best football just isn't the same without rivalries is it, see u in a friendly next year maybe? afc northwich first game vs altrincham fc

markecky

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 02:09:08 PM »

My grandad taught me to hate "them buggers in Green" and I've not let him down.

However this is just so so sad. 

How can one man put a stop to over 100 years of history?  All the hundreds of thousands of people that have passed through the gates at the Drill Field and that new half built place in the chemical works.  All gone.

I have heard they owe £400,000.  I have to wonder if he ever paid one invoice that has come in?

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 02:10:16 PM »

Football really is in sad state of affairs...

The Keano article i read at the weekend put a lot into perspective...how young players these days have only ever experienced massive contracts, and have a questionable "love of the game"...something never considered in the days of YTS contracts etc etc.  

There has to be some form of legal responsibility on the head of chairman to ensure that clubs dont live beyond their means...as at the end of the day...by dishing out expensive contracts etc etc...he's risking the job security of players and staff if the gamble doesnt pay off.

I hope Northwich can pull through...but it seems all to apparent these days that administration is easy option.

myfootballclub.co.uk has never seemed such a good idea as it does now!

matnvfcmad

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 02:11:03 PM »

Didn't Telford somehow manage to start again in the Unibond League? Is this an option?

but Telford had the benefit of completing all the fixtures from the previous season before folding.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 02:16:05 PM »

My grandad taught me to hate "them buggers in Green" and I've not let him down.

However this is just so so sad. 

How can one man put a stop to over 100 years of history?  All the hundreds of thousands of people that have passed through the gates at the Drill Field and that new half built place in the chemical works.  All gone.

I have heard they owe £400,000.  I have to wonder if he ever paid one invoice that has come in?

I've corrected your post for you Mark.  :D

However, I completely agree with you. In my mind the FA are still nowhere near strict enough on making sure ownership and ground are the same. It did for Kingstonian, is doing for Vics and although I can't quite remember the details York City got well and truly shafted by a guy called Douglas Craig I think. Ukrainian Phil tells the story better, put it on here if you can mate.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 02:25:44 PM by Ballers »

Alty365

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 02:20:29 PM »

What will happen to the stadium? I presume it will be stripped and the assets sold off like they were at Scarborough?

matnvfcmad

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 02:23:19 PM »

What will happen to the stadium? I presume it will be stripped and the assets sold off like they were at Scarborough?

not sure as Man Utd reserves play there this season

matnvfcmad

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 02:30:37 PM »

anybody who wants to come to vics v exeter are welcome you can wear your alty shirts we are trying to get other bsp fans to our game

teasybeaver

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 02:32:09 PM »

From a selfish point of view, that has quite literally ruined my christmas. Boxing day would only have been my 2nd game of the season. would have stayed in the warm if id known it was going to be like this.

This is a total disaster for football in cheshire. The list of clubs that are going bump is growing quickly and every time the story is associated to a chairman or owner who has shown no respect for the game or people who follow it.

Connett should be made to answer for this. But even before he came along vics had been mismanaged.

The scary thing is that we could lose every game between now and may and still stay up because there's plenty of other teams in this league who are sat on the edge of the cliff and could go the same way soon enough!

I'd just like to echo that this is so so sad!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Thanks !!!!