PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The (sweet) FA Cup....
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The (sweet) FA Cup....  (Read 5674 times)

taxi Phil

The (sweet) FA Cup....
« on: October 23, 2010, 06:05:55 PM »

.....is over early again this season. I thought we were depressingly poor this afternoon. Shaun Densmore chose today to have the poorest game I've ever seen him play in an Alty shirt. Michael Twiss's economy of effort was again noticeable I'm afraid. Nicky Clee was too deep to be effective. Hewson was very disappointing. Not sure what Stu was doing on the first goal - thought it must have deflected but I'm reliably informed not.

WE CANNOT KEEP PLAYING WITH ONE MAN UP FRONT.

Positives ? Joseph was tidy again until he was taken off (tactical, we assume. In which case it was a total failure.) Thought Milne put in a decent shift, and is worth hanging on to as long as we can. James Smith was his usual self - let's hope the injury isn't serious, because we can't afford to lose him for any amount of time. Somner worked hard (but for little reward). Baynes started poorly, possibly due to lack of match fitness, but showed enough later on to give hope he could be worth having on board.

Not a lot is it ?

I really don't know where we go from here.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The (sweet) FA Cup....
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 06:28:26 PM »

I don't see what coburn could have physically have done to get to the first a very good goal
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 06:33:13 PM »

I disagree but its all about the opinions

andrewflynn

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 06:34:55 PM »

I've never seen a ball swerve so much as their first goal.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 06:37:24 PM »

Agree completly it started to bend to the left then back to the right let's not kid ourselves we were awful 1 shot on target I saw from memory by the time we were 2 down just awful don't blame the keeper

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 07:22:58 PM »

1 Word summed up my opinion of today

ABJECT

Add to that David Birch's  fkn rantings behind me all afternoon (Its time that bloke was fkn banned) ...

A thoroughly sh*te day and a waste of fkn money.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 07:30:03 PM »

Phil

I have to disagree with your evaluation of Shaun Densmore this afternoon,

I thought that his was one of the better performances this afternoon. He kept trying to create and worked very hard off the ball

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 07:37:36 PM »

1 Word summed up my opinion of today

ABJECT

Add to that David Birch's  fkn rantings behind me all afternoon (Its time that bloke was fkn banned) ...

A thoroughly sh*te day and a waste of fkn money.

Its a shame i joked in Weatherspoons we should club our attendance money together in a pot and get smashed... if only...

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 07:45:45 PM »

Sponsors not choosing a man of the match because no one deserved it sums up today.
@AltyDaz

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 07:58:57 PM »

Abject performance  I'm afraid.

If Heathcote has selected that team/formation we'de be up in arms. Lone striker, Clee playing so far deep only looked like we we're arsed when 1-0 behind.

Nothing has changed.

21 players now on books, no money from FA cup at least 3 will be gone by Saturday.
Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 08:08:43 PM »

I agree with most of what has been said here, we played to deep with 1 man (unfit) upfront.

Coburn was atrocious, he is not fast enough across goals anymore and did not move for the first which did bend but was not exactly a rocket. In his defence our closing down was poor all afternon.

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 10:01:21 PM »

Phil

I have to disagree with your evaluation of Shaun Densmore this afternoon,

I thought that his was one of the better performances this afternoon. He kept trying to create and worked very hard off the ball

I don't suggest a lack of effort Phil. He put in an energetic shift - but produced absolutely zero end product. I've never seen him misplace so many balls in one game. I know it's almost certainly a one-off, and next time up he'll be back to his best, but why oh why did it have to be today ?

Nonleaguer

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 10:27:27 PM »

Having bowed out of the FA cup with barely a whimper, it's now time to see how Ken McKenna turns around the situation. The result last week against a very out of sorts Fleetwood side was a token gesture but today the chance to gain well needed financial resources and a potential money spinning tie was thrown firmly out of the window. Proven players sit idly by as other are played in positions they are not accustomed to and the result was plain to see today. If Smith is out for any period of time where do we stand with regards to replacement especially if Matt Doughty has gone to Nantwich. For me today we missed a golden opportunity so what will Ken do now ?

robins1978

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 10:41:44 PM »

One problem I noticed today is we did not close them down early enough. Where as they did when we had the ball. We just let them run at us. The only time this didnt happen was one of the few occasions when we ended up winning the ball back and got a shot at goal. Very dissapointed with the effort today as were quite a few people who I spoke to after the game. We will struggle for the rest of the season with no-cup run money that's true but it shouldnt be counted on until the games are won.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 10:51:19 PM by robins1978 »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 10:44:08 PM »

Agree with other comments on this topic that playing just one up front at home especially in the cup cannot be a great idea.. Twiss doesnt strike me as being a lone striker type of player and I felt would have benefitted more if say Reeves was alongside him.. We havent got any midfielders who can burst forward and support the fwds and there is always a gaping hole when opposition defences clear the ball, we never have anybody to pick up the bits and maintain the pressure on them...

I still maintain that if we are going to get out of the mess we are in then a place in midfield must be found for at least either Danylyk or Lawton.. Classic play makers they are not but they do break up play and give us a platform to push forward...

If we want to progress in the cup competitions then lets get after teams from the off.

Gateshead seemed to have come for a draw and get us back at there place next Tues....

I hate to say this folks but today the  "Eternal Optimist" had a bit of a reality check and I now fear for us for the rest of the season.... Kenny Mc and Bimson have done well with what they have done so far and seem to have bought in some decent loan players but time is pushing on now and we have a batch of tricky league  games on the horizon..

Players of Altrincham FC... Your fans need you more than ever now to stand up and be counted... Try your best and we will support you all the way.......

Cmon ALTY...
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The (sweet) FA Cup....