News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics find answer to financial problems - "It's just a cash flow thing"

Author Topic: Vics find answer to financial problems - "It's just a cash flow thing"  (Read 3182 times)

altyf

"Jim Rushe has promised to pay Vics’ FA Cup conquerors before the weekend. He told the Northwich Guardian a shortage of money at the club had stopped them sending AFC Telford United their share of gate receipts from matches between the two teams earlier this season. 'We’re in the wrong', he said. 'I want to apologise to Telford for not paying the what they are owed – it’s just a cash flow thing. They will be fully reimbursed in the next few days'. Rushe confirmed he had not yet spoken to his Telford counterpart Lee Carter, but said he planned to write to the Bucks to explain Vics’ position."

Jezza

Re: Vics find answer to financial problems - "It's just a cash flow thing"
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 04:20:38 AM »

Reports had said he'd refused to return or answer telephone calls from Telford and the FA.

I'm sure Telford will be pleased to get this info...if they read the Northwich Guardian.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 11:02:16 AM »

I will just say that my banks that I owe. I am sure they will understand. I am surprised the government hasn't bailed the Vics out.
They really should be beating teams like us

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 12:26:32 PM »

I have contacted my mortgage provider today and told them i wont be able to pay this months due to a cash flow problem.

I explained it was xmas and I need a playstation, it was just a matter of how to distribute the cash.

They were very understanding and said it was ok as they understand my position.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 12:27:49 PM »

I will just say that my banks that I owe. I am sure they will understand. I am surprised the government hasn't bailed the Vics out.

In a way the Government has already bailed them out.............firstly the HMRC have let them accumulate such a large debt over several years. Something they would not let you and I do. We have to pay up on time. How they allow some clubs' not to send in to them players income tax and NI contributions is absolutely mind blowing
Then they have let them defer the re-payments of this large debt (which to be fair they let Alty do as well) and now they have let Vics default on those payments (which is something Alty DID NOT do). When Admin comes, they will then let them off the payments because they will be unable to collect it!!!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 12:30:40 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Altyant

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 10:14:27 PM »

Nice to know he told the local paper that Telford would get their money, before he actually told Telford themselves

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 10:30:11 PM »

In a way the Government has already bailed them out.............firstly the HMRC have let them accumulate such a large debt over several years. Something they would not let you and I do. We have to pay up on time. How they allow some clubs' not to send in to them players income tax and NI contributions is absolutely mind blowing
Then they have let them defer the re-payments of this large debt (which to be fair they let Alty do as well) and now they have let Vics default on those payments (which is something Alty DID NOT do). When Admin comes, they will then let them off the payments because they will be unable to collect it!!!

Not sure they have actually defaulted on the tax repayments though.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 12:30:32 PM »

Not sure they have actually defaulted on the tax repayments though.

I thought they (NV) were recently issued with a winding up order by HMRC due to late payments. I also thought it was adjourned because Vics promised to pay the latest installment very soon. I could be wrong though.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Stockportalty

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 01:37:44 PM »

This meeting for Vics supporters tomorrow night, it sounds like one of those timeshare meetings, 'come along to see what could happen in your dreams and we won't let you leave until you've signed up'. I find it really hard to believe how some people will try to cover up the inevitable until it is too late. I do have sympathy for the fans, non of this is their doing.

Scottie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 02:38:45 PM »

Sympathy with Vics fans ? Now there is an interesting concept. I brought a generator from Aldi yesterday so I may take it to the Vics v Alty game,as it's got to be better than the one they have been recently using. :o

Daycare Dan

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 04:57:34 PM »

I brought a generator from Aldi yesterday so I may take it to the Vics v Alty game,as it's got to be better than the one they have been recently using. :o

Why do you think it's a 12pm kick off?? No need for the floodlights  ;D

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 05:11:14 PM »

I brought a generator from Aldi yesterday so I may take it to the Vics v Alty game,as it's got to be better than the one they have been recently using. :o

Why do you think it's a 12pm kick off?? No need for the floodlights  ;D

In which case, save it for our 3pm kick off at home on New YEars Day, to be fair like .
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics find answer to financial problems - "It's just a cash flow thing"