PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics matches on
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vics matches on  (Read 5027 times)

Jezza

Vics matches on
« on: November 27, 2008, 03:00:41 PM »

According the vics forum, a winding up petition for Northwich Victoria (2004) FC has been adjourned until Jan 29th 2009 as they have made a payments schedule agreement.

I seem to remember vics fan Victorian practically wetting his knickers with excitement that we might miss a payment when we had a similar arrangement with HMRC.

I am pleased to demonstrate Alty fans are far more magnaminous and hope all goes well for the green and white sh*te.

Jacko

Re: Vics matches on
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 04:15:51 PM »

;D

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 07:07:41 PM »

They have been at this for years.  Some time in 1902 or '83 I recall a game at the drill field where we sang 'bankruptcy la la la" repeatedly.

It is terrible to see a club go under BUT when a mangy old dog is so sick the kindest thing is to put the thing down.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 10:06:03 PM »

Vics could have gone into Admin this time last year, but the White Knight that is Jim Rushe (to be fair to him) agreed a deal with HMRC to pay off the debt.........I guess he is now having problems of his own meeting the scheduled payments.

My guess is that HMRC will just agree to a revised payment schedule in the hope they see a return of their (or our) cash. Everyone will conveniently forget that Vics are still handing out contracts to footballers as well as inviting consortiums on board to buy the ground from the last crook.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 10:08:01 PM »

Who cares about tax?

Just keep on signing players from Cornwall...its the only recipe for success

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 10:15:11 PM »

That's the bit I can't get to grips with. Fair enough, their attempts to pay off the tax debt are quite laudible, but how can they be allowed to sign players from other cash-strapped clubs hundreds of miles away in the meantime??
Come on Alty!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 11:55:53 AM »

As long as they're still here and we get 6 points per season off them, I couldn't give a flying toss.

All this 'feeling sorry for the fans' business is nonsense. The vast majority of theirs would laugh out loud at our demise. I wouldn't go so far as to say that in return.

My answer is complete indifference to them.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Not Alty but well Salty

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 10:23:06 PM »

1 As long as they're still here and we get 6 points per season off them, I couldn't give a flying toss.

2 All this 'feeling sorry for the fans' business is nonsense. 3 The vast majority of theirs would laugh out loud at our demise. I wouldn't go so far as to say that in return.

4 My answer is complete indifference to them.
1 & 2 `Fair` and honest comment from your end.
3 I don`t actually think that`s true-you might argue that if either club`s demise saved the other there would be revelry up t`other end of the A556.
4 Accept your view, although most among each sets of fans value the rivalry and the derbies.
So overall quite a positive reaction from me given I`m a follower of the Trcikies.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 11:20:20 PM »

Hi Pete.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 07:57:20 PM »

Vics wanted to re-arrange their game with Wrexham for 16 Dec to bring in funds - police won't let them........they are now asking the Supporters Trust for £18k to pay wages !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Altyant

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 10:15:52 PM »

Who cares about tax?

Just keep on signing players from Cornwall...its the only recipe for success

Or Barca rejects!!

Not Alty but well Salty

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 10:33:19 PM »

Vics wanted to re-arrange their game with Wrexham for 16 Dec to bring in funds - police won't let them........they are now asking the Supporters Trust for £18k to pay wages !
Accurate summary- Pls give madMat plenty of grief if he comes on here- in his (pretend?) CHAV ways stirring it up- Cheshire Constabulary said that one of the reasons that gave tem casuse for concern was messages on our site alleging trouble involving Chester fans at the match- all Mad Mat`s work. Apparently he has apologised but not gone away. A lot of fans think CC would n`t have budged anyway, it has to be said, requiring 3 years` notice to seal off Sandbach for a rose fete.

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 11:56:49 AM »

I have just seen the completely bizarre thread on the vics forum about the £18k loan planned by the vics trust.
Incredibly the trust intially said that anyone who didn't vote would be countd as a yes!!!!
My feeling is unless the trust can get this 'loan' guaranteed against (say) JR's house then forget it.

cheeky trucker

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 05:09:20 PM »

I have just seen the completely bizarre thread on the vics forum about the £18k loan planned by the vics trust.
Incredibly the trust intially said that anyone who didn't vote would be countd as a yes!!!!
My feeling is unless the trust can get this 'loan' guaranteed against (say) JR's house then forget it.

I thought it had been reported on here months ago that he'd already gone down that route? ;)

You'll be relieved to know that a second missive went out to Trust members and a non response will now be counted as such.

Highly unlikely I would have thought of any money being released at this stage unless reassurances are going to be put in place. However it's  a democratic process and up to individuals, so who can say for sure what the decision will be.   You'll just have to keep an eye open for the next installment ;)

If only to get me out in the fresh air on  Boxing Day and New Years Day I am hoping for a few more twists and turns at least.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 05:20:48 PM by cheeky trucker »

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 05:39:37 PM »

Every season its will we play them, won't we play them ... adds to the xmas fun.]

GO PART TIME AND STOP BUYING PLAYERS !!!! its simple.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics matches on