PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics finished and evicted.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Vics finished and evicted.  (Read 13593 times)

Hamilton

Re: Vics finished and evicted.
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2012, 12:02:36 AM »

Interesting conjecture heard in boozer tonight suggests that, according to "sources" the new occupant will be using it for a sporting purpose, involving a ball, but not of the shape played with most recently there

Maybe Sale RUFC are going to move even further away from Sale!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2012, 12:03:58 AM »

Interesting conjecture heard in boozer tonight suggests that, according to "sources" the new occupant will be using it for a sporting purpose, involving a ball, but not of the shape played with most recently there

So, it's either going to be a new rugby league franchise or one of the established posh rugby clubs making a bid to climb the national league system that needs better facilities

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2012, 12:30:24 AM »

Few things :-

1) Despite the grim outlook - I have seen nothing official yet that says Vics have folded !

2) Most clubs that do fold tend to resurface in 3 years time. They sign on players that we cannot afford and the club goes full-time

3) Another few years and they are in our league.........for this reason my sympathy is always a bit reserved

and.......to take down a whole stand like the Danebank , transport it and re-build it at Moss Lane will easily cost £150k +........we will need to sell a lot of raffle tickets
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:33:42 AM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2012, 01:27:51 AM »

There is no reason why Vics couldn't become a tenant to a rugby club landlord there

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2012, 06:01:15 AM »

It was discussed at boardroom level many years ago when the drill field  was first under threat that vics would come to moss lane AND bring the drill field main stand (similar to weymouths and of the same era) to moss lane with them. I'm sure one of the regular club historians can back me up on that. that seated stand at vice ground is low enough and narrow enough to sit behind the chequers end

that may well have been around the era of the drill field trust, about 1993. I read a throwaway remark about it in team talk around that time.

As for now, I can't see how either stand would work at moss lane. The Dane bank would stretch out onto the Popular side car park, causing knock on issues. I doubt you could fit the main stand at the chequers end, given we now have houses behind it. The whole costs associated with it   (did somebody really suggest £4000?) dismantling, transporting, reconstructing etc would be huge and neither stand would actually generate much more money for us. 

Sorry for the genuine vics fans about this, hope they can salvage what they can.

Alex

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2012, 06:47:10 AM »

I'm sure I've read a thread like this before...

But still it is very sad for the v*cs fans who go week in week out who have had no say in what shadey charicters own and operate there club they just want to support there team and have now (so it would seam) been robbed of that.

I can only assume that Northwich Victoria will merge with Northwich Villa and enter the NWCL Divison 1 and hopefully be able to continue the season that Villa had already been playing (admittidly at the victoria stadium) but I'm sure the NWCL ground requirements allow for more options in terms of ground sharing to be explored. Otherwise this more to evict these teams could see these Two clubs going out of buisness.

bumble

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2012, 07:45:36 AM »

It was discussed at boardroom level many years ago when the drill field  was first under threat that vics would come to moss lane AND bring the drill field main stand (similar to weymouths and of the same era) to moss lane with them. I'm sure one of the regular club historians can back me up on that. that seated stand at vice ground is low enough and narrow enough to sit behind the chequers end

that may well have been around the era of the drill field trust, about 1993. I read a throwaway remark about it in team talk around that time.

As for now, I can't see how either stand would work at moss lane. The Dane bank would stretch out onto the Popular side car park, causing knock on issues. I doubt you could fit the main stand at the chequers end, given we now have houses behind it. The whole costs associated with it   (did somebody really suggest £4000?) dismantling, transporting, reconstructing etc would be huge and neither stand would actually generate much more money for us. 

Sorry for the genuine vics fans about this, hope they can salvage what they can.

£4000 to buy a stand that they don't want....

Old grounds sell seats at about a £1 each

So ifthe stadium were to be knocked down anyway, the developer may try to sell it off in order to make a small amount

That figure doesn't even come close to the true cost when transport and setting up are included,...

thegazelle

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2012, 08:52:55 AM »

sat on the beach in goa reading this, very mellowed at the moment and i do feel sad that it could be the end for them, but i do think back to some of the gloating when we were in the sh*t and they were buying players they couldnt afford so a tad tempted to say feck them. Old habits die hard, i'll just have another kingfisher strong and thing about it, before i come to a decision

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2012, 09:09:29 AM »

I can only assume that Northwich Victoria will merge with Northwich Villa and enter the NWCL Divison 1 and hopefully be able to continue the season that Villa had already been playing (admittidly at the victoria stadium) but I'm sure the NWCL ground requirements allow for more options in terms of ground sharing to be explored. Otherwise this more to evict these teams could see these Two clubs going out of buisness.

To all intents and purposes Northwich Villa are essentially Vics Reserves. They used to be called Woodley and play in the Cheshire League but then got a tad ambitious and applied, successfully, to the NWCL.

So far as I am aware the only places they have classed as home grounds are where they are now (Victoria Stadium) and Ridgeway Road with a rope round it

fuertes

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2012, 11:11:14 AM »

Who the hell would want to play either code of rugby in Northwich?? I can't think of any club based close enough for whom that would be an attractive option.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2012, 07:42:06 PM »

Who the hell would want to play either code of rugby in Northwich?? I can't think of any club based close enough for whom that would be an attractive option.

Er, Northwich Rugby Club perhaps???

In fairness, this isn't the place for rugby knowledge I would guess but Northwich Rugby Club is a pretty big operation, although not quite as big as Stockport and nearly Macclesfield. Sort of a semi pro operation. I would imagine this would be a suitable venue for their 1st XV if nothing else as their current set up is quite small. (I haven't heard anything on the rugby grapevine though).

Edit: The rugby pyramid is even more confusing that the football one, I think from working it out they play roughy at level 6/7. So aside from the fact that football is much bigger the rugby and football teams in that area are at a roughly similar level.

Edited again : They're roughly the 150-160 highest ranked club in the country (below Alty KErsal though to give you an idea). NOt sure where Winnington Park are, similar I think (checks - 1 below in fact)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 07:56:55 PM by Ballers »

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2012, 07:47:45 PM »

Winnington Park RUFC?

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2012, 07:54:13 PM »

Winnington Park RUFC?

Don't they play at Moss Farm? I believe there was a proposal of a football ground being built for Witton Albion to move into about a couple of years ago.
They really should be beating teams like us

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2012, 08:20:39 PM »

Could we not just buy the stand very cheaply?

If the stadium/land has been bought by a third party - chances are theyll only want the land

In order to cover the cost/reduce the cost to the club - Just thinking of the top of my head - but if we offered companys/indiivudals the chance to buy a raffle ticket for a price and the winner names the stand?

I say buisness as if its a few grand, then 40 companies at £100 would make £4000

You have heard about the record high prices of scrap metal haven't you. They could sell the crusch barriers and roof supports from it for that much.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 08:22:28 PM by Ballers »

bumble

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2012, 08:30:00 PM »

Er, Northwich Rugby Club perhaps???

In fairness, this isn't the place for rugby knowledge I would guess but Northwich Rugby Club is a pretty big operation, although not quite as big as Stockport and nearly Macclesfield. Sort of a semi pro operation. I would imagine this would be a suitable venue for their 1st XV if nothing else as their current set up is quite small. (I haven't heard anything on the rugby grapevine though).

Edit: The rugby pyramid is even more confusing that the football one, I think from working it out they play roughy at level 6/7. So aside from the fact that football is much bigger the rugby and football teams in that area are at a roughly similar level.

Edited again : They're roughly the 150-160 highest ranked club in the country (below Alty KErsal though to give you an idea). NOt sure where Winnington Park are, similar I think (checks - 1 below in fact)

well its definately not rugby  - but for anybody who cares the pyramid is pretty simple

In 09 or 10 they named changed the leagues
 (like when we went to the championship/L1/L2)

It used to be
Prem
National 1
National 2
National 3

Its now
prem
championship
National 1
National 2North and National 2South
National 3 North National 3 london National 3 south and National 3 midlands

national 3 is equivilant to BSN/BSP in terms of level (according to someone who plays for kersal)- and kersal are in this
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics finished and evicted.