PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics finished and evicted.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Vics finished and evicted.  (Read 13593 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Vics finished and evicted.
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 05:22:29 PM »

Has Drill fields been flattened?
Harold

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 05:25:07 PM »

Very sad day >:(
Got some good friends who are Vic's fans, but they new something was on the cards.
It's always the fans that get hurt.
The same thing is happening at Darlington >:(
What a mess, thank God we do it right at Alty.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 05:27:08 PM »

It seems a funny thing for the administrators to do,let someone have the ground that are going to kick their client out.
Good luck to Vics i do hope they get saved in some sort or another
Harold

Little CamVic

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 05:52:43 PM »

It seems a funny thing for the administrators to do,let someone have the ground that are going to kick their client out.
Good luck to Vics i do hope they get saved in some sort or another

The administrators aren't working on behalf of Vics. Their job is to recoup money loaned to Beaconet - the last owners.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 07:02:17 PM »

Absolutely dreadful situation, hope the fans can start afresh without that circus going on in the background. It's a long way back but it's got to be better than what's gone on there over the last few years.
Come on Alty!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 07:29:32 PM »

I have friends at work who are Vics fans........as said by many others it's the fans that lose out again. I hope they can sort something - even if NWCL

If the plight of Vics, Rushden, Kettering, Farsley etc etc had the slightest chance of curbing the excessive spending of non-sustainable BSP clubs then it would be a minor positive........however it won't make any difference - just look at Weymouth.

These clubs will keep paying wages they cannot afford, losing their grounds to cover their debts, getting into deeper trouble as the weeks go buy.       
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 07:31:44 PM »

At least when they are reborn as FCFC northwich they won't drop too far
Bernard Taylors barmy army

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 07:36:57 PM »

I have friends at work who are Vics fans........as said by many others it's the fans that lose out again. I hope they can sort something - even if NWCL

If the plight of Vics, Rushden, Kettering, Farsley etc etc had the slightest chance of curbing the excessive spending of non-sustainable BSP clubs then it would be a minor positive........however it won't make any difference - just look at Weymouth.

These clubs will keep paying wages they cannot afford, losing their grounds to cover their debts, getting into deeper trouble as the weeks go buy.       

The way I look at it, they will be Supporters' Trust based. Eventually Weymouth and all these other clubs will reform. It's horrible but sometimes it's the best thing.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 08:16:15 PM »

At least they will last forever in the songs of Altrincham FC (1903)
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Jezza

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 08:39:57 PM »

To answer harold's question yes the drill field is now a housing estate...

This is horrendous news for vics fans....and a bit bizarre given the current climate who the hell wants to buy land with a football stadium on it next to a cement factory?????....I wonder if afc fc mike connett reformed industires 2012  is somewhere in the background?....apart from as chief creditor to himself presumably.....

Well sincerely and genuinely best of luck to the slime....we need a rival with history.

I'd have said the most obvious answer would be for a mutually beneficial arrangemnt with witton while they look for a suitable new base that will be theirs....hopefully the council will help and i actually hope they get to the trophy final as it will bring coverage to their plight....and I hope altrincham fc will offer whatever help we can give them proactively

Football clubs need to be designated as community assetts that have special privelleges to protect them from this sort of thing that has happened time and time again.....

roytonmike

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »

It seems pretty clear from an earlier statement on this thread that any arrangement with Witton is a non-starter. I feel very sorry for the ordinary Vics fans & if there's anything Alty FC can do which would help them I would be all in favour of doing it; however, helping Mr. Rushe & his ilk I'm not so positive about. Difficult one. I hope for the ordinary fans' sake that Vics can continue in some form or other.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 09:16:32 PM »

Serious suggestion this, if they give us that seated stand theyve got, to put behind the chequers end and that big terrace to put down the popular side, we should give them a 5 year ground share gratis.Do they own the fixtures and fittings?

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 09:21:00 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up Nico.
My grandfather played for Northwich Victoria according to what my father told me,not long before he died(my father that is)
Harold

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 09:25:15 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up Nico.
My grandfather played for Northwich Victoria according to what my father told me,not long before he died(my father that is)
Blimey Harold ! That's what I CALL a skeleton in your cupboard !

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 09:27:08 PM »

This is awful awful news.  we have lost Runcorn and now the Vics.  we have been playing these teams since we were founded in 1903.  These are proper rivalries with deep history behind them.  We hate Northwich and we hate Northwich - but not to the extent that we want them dead for heavens sake!

I am sick and tired of con men taking over real proper clubs with pedigree and driving them into the ground - Northwich fans may be inbred salt miners but they are OUR inbred salt miners.  I never thought I would say this but I have so much sympathy for Vics fans right now.

And as for AFC Victoria of Northwich, I remember the words of a Fiorentina fan when they went bust and a new club called Florentina emerged from the ashes.  "You cannot tell me this is the same club as the one I loved.  It is like I had an old mangy flea ridden dog that I loved very much and he died.  And then someone gives me a puppy.  One day I will love the puppy as much as my old dog - but please do not tell me it is the same dog"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics finished and evicted.