News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A few thoughts on the last couple of weeks

Author Topic: A few thoughts on the last couple of weeks  (Read 4113 times)

Alty365

« on: March 26, 2008, 01:55:23 PM »

As I have stated previously I have no personal gripe with Graham Heathcote despite my recent exasperation about, in particular, the performance away at Grays, but more generally our negative approach to games this season. I think we all now agree that the way forward in the short term is to all stand together and make a massive effort to beat off the threat of relegation. Anything else is for the close season.

With all this in mind I would just like to say how refreshing it was to see us play such attractive attacking football at Aldershot on Saturday, and also to hear that we played such a positive lineup against Stafford (at least in the first half). Only time will tell if we have changed our approach soon enough but I am confident that if we continue to play this type of attractive football there is a lot to feel confident about. I complained about our performance at Grays in the strongest possible terms (and rightly so) but I feel it is only right to praise good performances also in the strongest terms where credit is due. We now know beyond all doubt that the players have it in them to perform against the very best sides in this league and there is no reason why we can't raise it for the visit of Torquay this Saturday.

Good luck to all the lads for the remainder of the season. Be confident and be committed because you can do this!

Come on Alty!!!!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: A few thoughts on the last couple of weeks
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 07:12:10 PM »

As I have stated previously I have no personal gripe with Graham Heathcote despite my recent exasperation about, in particular, the performance away at Grays, but more generally our negative approach to games this season. I think we all now agree that the way forward in the short term is to all stand together and make a massive effort to beat off the threat of relegation. Anything else is for the close season.

With all this in mind I would just like to say how refreshing it was to see us play such attractive attacking football at Aldershot on Saturday, and also to hear that we played such a positive lineup against Stafford (at least in the first half). Only time will tell if we have changed our approach soon enough but I am confident that if we continue to play this type of attractive football there is a lot to feel confident about. I complained about our performance at Grays in the strongest possible terms (and rightly so) but I feel it is only right to praise good performances also in the strongest terms where credit is due. We now know beyond all doubt that the players have it in them to perform against the very best sides in this league and there is no reason why we can't raise it for the visit of Torquay this Saturday.

Good luck to all the lads for the remainder of the season. Be confident and be committed because you can do this!

Come on Alty!!!!

Whilst i echo your sentiment the question remains why did you only last week put up a poll asking whether Ken Mckenna would be the better option?

Some of the stuff put up this forum really beggers belief sometimes.

I agree completley any talk of reorganisation is best either early in a season or at the close. Polls with a month to go do nothing but unsettle and distract from the job in hand .. survival.

ParkINson's red and white army

louise1925

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 10:33:20 PM »

Nothing wrong with the poll whatsoever. This is a fans forum and fans are entitled to voice their opinions re. Alty FC. The poll (and its results) may well have influenced Mr. Heathcote's more positive and effective selections in recent games. COME ON ALTY!

Alty365

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 12:14:54 AM »

Nothing wrong with the poll whatsoever. This is a fans forum and fans are entitled to voice their opinions re. Alty FC. The poll (and its results) may well have influenced Mr. Heathcote's more positive and effective selections in recent games. COME ON ALTY!

I concur! Nothing further for me to add to that.

Alty366

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 07:41:17 AM »

bollox, you're sticking up for your mate

Narcissist

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 08:15:54 AM »

I ran a poll and was told it was negative and pointless until the end of the season.

I love the way everyones opinions and attitudes vary by the week.

Heathcote out!  ;)

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 10:01:10 AM »

This is a very negative thread...but i agree Heathcote out! (only joking)

Seriously a fans forum is for idle discussion and mildly interesting hypotheticals like who woud Ken mckenna be a good boss for Alty.

If we're going down lets go down fighting as mrs jezza often says.

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 12:29:39 PM »

If we're going down lets go down fighting as mrs jezza often says.

I really dont think comments like this should be made on a fooball forum, perhaps you could keep your comments to yourself or other illicet types of forums  ;D

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 12:57:58 PM »

Don't know what your problem is Jenga....Mrs Jezza is constantly saying we need an attacking formation like a 4-3-3 or maybe even a 3-4-1-2...she says we need to keep the balance, keep it tight and give nothing silly away and hit the corners on the break...it's an entertainment business and at the end of the day the team who scores the most goals wins.

Why ....................what did you think I meant? ;D

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 06:43:54 PM »

I think you may have mis understood my post. I have never come onto this forum and questioned any ones opinion.

That is infact why i come on such forums because opinions are a continual stimulation and fascination to me.

My question is why someone would a week ago want to have a change; and then a week later say leave it untill the end of the season??

What i am asking for is some consistancy in peoples opinions.

Hamilton

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 06:54:46 PM »

I think you may have mis understood my post. I have never come onto this forum and questioned any ones opinion.

That is infact why i come on such forums because opinions are a continual stimulation and fascination to me.

My question is why someone would a week ago want to have a change; and then a week later say leave it untill the end of the season??

I think the other week was, to a degree, support for the idea of Ken McKenna replacing GH if we could get him. That would answer your good question up to a point. Once it is established we cannot get Ken then we wait until after  the season ends.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 07:02:44 PM »

Hey ho we all love Alty im sure we can kiss and make up ;)

bighairedmike

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 09:12:17 PM »

Its never going to happen. We're all fickle bastards!

BRING BACK LOGAN!!!

:-*

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 09:27:08 PM »

Its never going to happen. We're all fickle bastards!

BRING BACK LOGAN!!!

:-*

lmao i quite liked Logan ;)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team