PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The teams
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The teams  (Read 8103 times)

Dougals Dad

Re: The teams
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2007, 04:54:33 PM »

full time

how long before Voice of Dissent does his usual anti GH rant?

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2007, 04:56:07 PM »

Lol may have a good reason after today.I was like you always thought we were good enough to beat the drop,but we seem to have lost the will to fight
Harold

Dougals Dad

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2007, 04:58:36 PM »

Enjoy the rest of your Boxing Day, I'm off to console the baby!

Lets try to keep the faith and hope that GH  & GG can produce some miracle signings next month.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2007, 05:00:51 PM »

Agreed  and a crowd of 1851 not bad i suppose
Harold

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2007, 05:11:27 PM »

Awful. Lots of United and City fans today who won't have been impressed and won't be coming back for the quality on offer. Once again a visiting side were able to play badly and beat a poor Altrincham team simply because they showed more commitment and idea of what to do with the ball. And now no Chris Senior for the next three games.

Weymouth must have really had an off day.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2007, 05:22:54 PM »

full time

how long before Voice of Dissent does his usual anti GH rant?

To be fair to VoD he's got every right to have a go at GH. You weren't there - it was f**king awful.

Alty365

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2007, 05:24:35 PM »

I don't want to get involved in slagging the manager off but it was absolutely abysmal today. "Spineless" would best describe the performance.

tinnyalty

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2007, 05:32:21 PM »

I don't want to get involved in slagging the manager off but it was absolutely abysmal today. "Spineless" would best describe the performance.

Spineless now thats strong language. Alty should have beat Vics today to justify they are the only of of the bottom five teams worth stayin in the conference. I think its time to understand we dont belong in this league and go down to the C North, win it out right it 2008-2009 season remain unbeaten all season, pull in 2000 home attendance, go full time and justify playin in the non league top flight. And forget about hanging on to the statement we are part time and proud of it.

TIME TO MOVE ON INTO 2008 AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE FUTURE I THINK  ;D

Dougals Dad

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2007, 05:32:30 PM »

If Scotty & As were in centre mid, then "Spineless" is what the formation would have been. As much as I rate both in their ways, they are not strong centre midfielders.

As CB says, even the stats & text commentaries made it sound f***ing awful.

tottenham alty

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2007, 06:11:40 PM »

Its too easy to accuse the side of no passion. Some players could have shown more but that wasn't  the reason we lost. It was a failure to take our chances and a sheer lack of quality in the midfield.

matnvfcmad

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2007, 06:14:54 PM »

what a difference a year makes eh and who was that idiot fan who came onto the pitct at full time you lost fair and square and your in for more disspointment come boxing day see most of your fans took there chef hats of when we got our 2nd  :P

merry christmas and cheers for the 3pts

Jacobs

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2007, 06:21:22 PM »

Not sure what you mean by more disappointment on Boxing day, today is boxing day I may think you find you mean new years day

You did deserve to win today but try having a few drinks and celebrating it you spastic!!

Wind your neck in!!!

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2007, 06:22:25 PM »

Alty should have beat Vics today to justify they are the only of of the bottom five teams worth stayin in the conference. I think its time to understand we dont belong in this league and go down to the C North, win it out right it 2008-2009 season remain unbeaten all season, pull in 2000 home attendance, go full time and justify playin in the non league top flight. And forget about hanging on to the statement we are part time and proud of it.

TIME TO MOVE ON INTO 2008 AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE FUTURE I THINK  

We didn't deserve to beat them today. they wanted it more, could pass the ball to a player on their own team and were able to close our players down. Had it not been for their striker  fluffing it a few times the scoreline would've been a lot worse. Quite frankly they took the piss out of us.

As for not belonging and accepting Conf North with half a season left...I like everyone else don't pay their entrance fee, programmes, various sponsorships etc. to watch a team that appears to have exactly that same attitude. Should we all not bother turning up now until next season then?

« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 06:25:32 PM by Loggerheads Robin »

matnvfcmad

« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2007, 06:31:55 PM »

yes who was the idiot who tried to get to our fans at full time

Alty365

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2007, 06:34:06 PM »

Its too easy to accuse the side of no passion. Some players could have shown more but that wasn't  the reason we lost.

Totally disagree. Most players played without pride or heart and that is why we barely created (let alone finished) a chance all afternoon.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The teams