News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The tactical change Lee Sinnott SHOULD have made at half-time

Author Topic: The tactical change Lee Sinnott SHOULD have made at half-time  (Read 4345 times)

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Take off the ten blokes in red and white shirts and bring on the thirteen year-old dancing girls. They couldn't have done much worse.

joe

Re: The tactical change Lee Sinnott SHOULD have made at half-time
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 05:26:10 PM »

Atleast people might finally get a grip now and realise there's more chance of platting piss than us making the play offs!!

markecky

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 05:28:34 PM »

I thought we attacked all game and missed chance after chance. Lost to the usual defensive disappearance which we have to do once a game to ensure no clean sheets are kept.

On another day we'd have won five one.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 05:40:58 PM by markecky »

RocketDan

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 05:39:46 PM »

I thought we outplayed them for the majority of the game but just couldn't seem to find an end product.

Solihull had few chances but took them, Alty had 7 or 8 decent chances but didn't.

As Ecky says, another day we could have put 4 or 5 past them fairly easily - Reeves' two penalities, McGiven one-on-one, a goal off richmans face, reeves right at the end.

All in all - a very disappointing result against a very poor and very dirty Solihull outfit.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 05:43:00 PM by RocketDan »

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 05:46:18 PM »

We played well and were unlucky not to come away with 3 points but at the end of the day if you give a goal away after 4 mins you can't really say its unlucky.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 07:02:52 PM »

They seem to have had some strange alien force field type device around their goal that either deflected shots away or sent them straight at their keeper.
There can't be any other explanation, surely.
It might be an interesting experiment to give McGivern a banjo and stand him behind a cow and see if he can hit anything, though.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 07:24:29 PM »

Staggered not to come away with points to be honest. Conceded the softest goal ever fromn nowhere. Mcgivern gets one saved from a one on one, Miles free kick hits the bar and the country's leading goal scorer scores one out of two pens.

Coburn makes a great one on one save but apart from that and picking the ball out of the net has nothing to do.

Much as I like Lawrie he's not a LW (I know he's just filling in). The times when he was was in acres of space was fightening, I was just wishing it was Clee who could have have a go at the RB

I thought Smart didn't look out of place, so with him at LB and Clee at LW we might just kick on and make the PO.
Full time and proud of it

markecky

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 07:26:39 PM »

I though Smart had a great game seeing as thought he didn't really know anyone.  Phelan ran things well from midfield.

Agreed that game was crying out for Clee...

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 08:11:19 PM »

Atleast people might finally get a grip now and realise there's more chance of platting piss than us making the play offs!!

I know what you mean. The fact is we are in a poor quality league and we are still only 4 points off the play-offs, despite being mediocre and playing about 35-40 players this season. It is the poor quality of the league that means even we are still sniffing around.

Butty

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 08:45:31 PM »

What worried me in the week and has come to light again now, is our dependance on Nicky Clee

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2012, 09:04:19 PM »

I thought that on balance we did just about enough to win it.

Every striker from Premier League down to Junior League, no matter how prolific they may be, has games or even runs of games when it just stops going in for them and Reevesy might have had one of those days today.

The penalty was inches from being almost the perfect penalty, placed in an area where the Keeper could never have got it.

Watmore looked good again when he came on.

Lynch was more than a little impressive at Centre Back

And, for my money, the Referee was actually quite poor

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2012, 09:51:28 PM »

I thought that on balance we did just about enough to win it.

Every striker from Premier League down to Junior League, no matter how prolific they may be, has games or even runs of games when it just stops going in for them and Reevesy might have had one of those days today.

The penalty was inches from being almost the perfect penalty, placed in an area where the Keeper could never have got it.

Watmore looked good again when he came on.

Lynch was more than a little impressive at Centre Back

And, for my money, the Referee was actually quite poor
QUITE poor ? I did actually say to ATS that I thought HE could have made a better fist of it !

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2012, 10:15:02 PM »

Acually thought we played well today . unfortunate not to score more than one goal,should have had all three points , they were a very physical team , whice we seem to have problems when we play these sort of teams , good thing s to come from today were Whatmores energy and commitment , apart for the goal that we gifted them defence looked better, smart looked good ,Phelan play well in midfield.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The tactical change Lee Sinnott SHOULD have made at half-time