PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 the team really needs
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: the team really needs  (Read 5289 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: the team really needs
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 08:10:55 PM »

A captain who gets team up when we go behind eg , a captain like Lawton  , we miss his leadership,dont hear Dens on the pitch geeing up anyone .

I am getting on a bit. I'm not as fit as I was, I'm losing the battle not to have to wear specs and loss of hearing runs in the family

BUT

I heard Dens yesterday trying (ultimately unsuccessfully I will admit) to gee up the team etc

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 08:30:40 PM »

I also heard him at least twice..

RocketDan

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 08:47:12 PM »

to be fair it's pretty hard to gee up the team from leftback

jacksparrow

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 08:26:43 PM »

hi this is my first post ,i watch the youth team more than the firsts , but ive read you all posting about a left back, well the youth team captain and cheshire u18 player is a left back who guess what .is left footed .fast and has got to be better than a square peg ! 

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 03:18:06 PM »

hi this is my first post ,i watch the youth team more than the firsts , but ive read you all posting about a left back, well the youth team captain and cheshire u18 player is a left back who guess what .is left footed .fast and has got to be better than a square peg ! 
I remember Matt Fearon had a very good game against Colwyn Bay earlier in the season. Duncan Watmore did well when he came on against Bishops Stortford. Maybe we should be giving the youngsters more of a chance.
They really should be beating teams like us

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 03:51:18 PM »

I was actually going to mention Sam Grimshaw.Weve struggled like hell for a left back all season, I know to be fair to the manager that a top quality left back he tried to bring in knocked us back.Id get Sam in for preseason and have a look then, as he looked decent in the FA Youth cup games.But for now, as I said in the other thread, even if it leaves us a bit short on bodies due to shipping a couple out,A quality centre back and left back are a MUST for these last 9 or 12 games

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 04:34:07 PM »

I was actually going to mention Sam Grimshaw.Weve struggled like hell for a left back all season, I know to be fair to the manager that a top quality left back he tried to bring in knocked us back.Id get Sam in for preseason and have a look then, as he looked decent in the FA Youth cup games.But for now, as I said in the other thread, even if it leaves us a bit short on bodies due to shipping a couple out,A quality centre back and left back are a MUST for these last 9 or 12 games

Michael Ball?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 05:00:19 PM »

I know to be fair to the manager that a top quality left back he tried to bring in knocked us back.

Peter Densmore?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 05:21:06 PM »

Grimshaw and Watmore have been the stand out players when I've seen the YT, but its a big step up to BSN.
Full time and proud of it

Robin Reliant

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 05:25:37 PM »

Grimshaw and Watmore have been the stand out players when I've seen the YT, but its a big step up to BSN.

That's why we really must reinstate the reserve team when finances allow.

taxi Phil

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2012, 06:02:04 PM »

It could be GRIM, SURE but WAT MORE can we try ? FEARON is an anagram of NO FEAR which is what we should be showing........and no, I've not been at the cooking sherry.

RocketDan

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2012, 06:18:48 PM »

I know to be fair to the manager that a top quality left back he tried to bring in knocked us back.

matt doughty?
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 the team really needs