Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Rockingham rd in breach of bsp grading tommorow?

Author Topic: Rockingham rd in breach of bsp grading tommorow?  (Read 2291 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 04, 2009, 09:35:22 AM »

Will rockingham rd not be under capacity as per league rules to host a conference fixture tomorrow? and also will it not be falling foul of the three sided ground rule?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Rockingham rd in breach of bsp grading tommorow?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 10:01:00 AM »

Maybe GH should take a couple of jumpers to use as goals then they could play on half a pitch and save paying the fkn groundsman to cut all the pitch !!!!!!!!!

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 05:07:20 PM »

Rushden did something similar to us two seasons ago by closing the away end and making us sit on the side. There was a big altercation with their stewards who objected to us standing up.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 05:39:02 PM »

i recall we paid standing prices there though. although i only payed child any way that day... i was 20

Longman

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 06:21:03 PM »

The point is, if they are closing the away end (which lets face it can hardly cost anything to open anyway!?) then the Alty fans should be allowed into the main stand for the same price as they could the away end, £14!!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 06:26:18 PM »

But you can save money at Crawley http://crawleytownfc.com/newsdetails.php?ID=1264
@AltyDaz

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 06:31:03 PM »

These initiatives are just robbing Peter to pay Paul. It makes just as much sense to charge the same sensible price for all matches.
Come on Alty!

RocketDan

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 09:38:42 AM »

These initiatives are just robbing Peter to pay Paul. It makes just as much sense to charge the same sensible price for all matches.

Not really.

Am I alone in thinking it is fine to charge oxford, luton, wimbledon a bit more? Adding 2 quid on will hardly reduce the numbers turning up. If anything the prestige factor will make it more appealing.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 10:30:35 AM »

Not really.

Am I alone in thinking it is fine to charge oxford, luton, wimbledon a bit more? Adding 2 quid on will hardly reduce the numbers turning up. If anything the prestige factor will make it more appealing.

But reducing the prices will not increase the crowds by a great deal either. Which is why I'm saying that the crowds will basically be unaffected and what they gain from the higher priced matches they will simply lose in the games where they drop the price.
Come on Alty!

Bath Alty

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 09:57:57 PM »

Exeter did this to us in the year they went up.  After 10 minutes of arguing with us to sit down they relented and opened the terrace.  We all trooped out of the ground (to "Cherrio!" from their fans) and back in to the terrace next to the stand we were in.  As they had pocketed the extra £2 each they were then quite happy to move us across to the terrace.  We made many complaints at the time and to the club afterwards - I personally heard precisely dick from the two e-mails I sent to the address the Stewards gave us.  The stewards were agreeing with us it was ridiculous....
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team