PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SC**thorpe Match Thead
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: SC**thorpe Match Thead  (Read 8416 times)

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: SC**thorpe Match Thead
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2022, 07:36:53 AM »

I was worried at the start of the season when Phil lauded the return of Dinanga .... And now I am even more worried
Come on you red and white........

finnquark1

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2022, 07:52:12 AM »

Thought the squad looked very thin last night, and doesn't bode well for the next few months. We brought numerous defenders into the club in the summer who don't seem to be heavily involved in first XI plans (Roxburgh, Brockbank, Cooper), whilst not replacing Mooney or finding an upgrade in the striker position. Loanees like Malone might be necessary in covering for unforseen injuries, but loanees like Jones and Conn-Clarke are covering for gaps in the permanent playing squad. The Marriott injury is the most unfortunate, and we now look one paced in midfield - Osbourne in particular was woeful last night and had the turning circle of a tanker in the 10 role.

Not to suggest anything happening now, but I'm interested in how many winless games people think would be the trigger for conversations about the management. After Saturday we'll have played nearly a fifth of the season already.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2022, 08:03:03 AM »

We knew staying part time wouldn’t get us out of this league at the top end. What sunk in for me last night is the fact going full time isn’t going to achieve the same objective in the foreseeable future either. We look like a full time outfit constructed with limited resources. That’s because that’s where we’re at. We desperately need an increased budget to drive us upwards and attract better players. I know that’s an obvious observation. Taking into account over 200 away fans came, the attendance on a balmy autumn evening was disappointing. SC**thorpe hadn’t scored in over five hours of football until last night. The sight of Phil stood on the halfway line watching on in the second half as they overran us to come from behind was a painful lesson. Kaja was one of the few glimmers of encouragement in an otherwise very hard watch. Ollie in goal was good to see too. It’s going to be a long season unless a supporter wins the National Lottery jackpot and decides to make a major investment in the club. Apologies for the negative vibe.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2022, 08:07:53 AM »

We miss Kossy & Marriott but the sad fact is we ain’t going to see them this season. Kaja has to be a shoe in for a place in the team. I would have Baines next to Toby in the middle of the back four. As for up top, with Jordan currently injured let’s give the lad Goodson a go up top as Marcus isn’t cutting the mustard. It was good to see Olly in goal tonight, we need tonhave more shots when we’re in sight of goal and please stop trying to pass the ball into the net, Just hit the bloody thing.

We need a win desperately and we have to get at least two against Aldershot, Dagenham or Gateshead.
It

Kozzy and Marriott are good mates by the looks of things, from the videos they're sharing on Instagram they both seem to be making decent progress.

Their respective returns can't come soon enough - we will see them in the New Year I'm sure.

andrewflynn

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2022, 08:13:07 AM »

Losing 1,500 appearances worth of experience from the squad is looking painfully evident at the moment. If I’m being ruthless here, I think only Byrne (gets a bit of a free pass), Barrows, Mullarkey and Lundstram have looked consistently up to the level so far this season, while others have sadly looked well short of what’s required.

Said it in the middle of pre-season but we’ve lost Mooney, Hancock, and Kosylo for a long period of time, and we’ve really struggled to replace them. For all the stick he got, you can give me Tom Peers over any of that starting front 4 bar Colclough, but even he looks like his head has fallen off.

I’ve always said football is mostly confidence and it could just be that we need a win to kick start a bit of form, but if that win isn’t coming in a game at home against that calibre of opposition, then I do worry about where it does come from.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2022, 08:17:13 AM »

Losing 1,500 appearances worth of experience from the squad is looking painfully evident at the moment. If I’m being ruthless here, I think only Byrne (gets a bit of a free pass), Barrows, Mullarkey and Lundstram have looked consistently up to the level so far this season, while others have sadly looked well short of what’s required.

Said it in the middle of pre-season but we’ve lost Mooney, Hancock, and Kosylo for a long period of time, and we’ve really struggled to replace them. For all the stick he got, you can give me Tom Peers over any of that starting front 4 bar Colclough, but even he looks like his head has fallen off.

I’ve always said football is mostly confidence and it could just be that we need a win to kick start a bit of form, but if that win isn’t coming in a game at home against that calibre of opposition, then I do worry about where it does come from.

Talking of free passes, I'd put Lundstram in that category mate. Been completely anonymous whenever I've watched him so far.

I always used to think about that position in a 4231 as being a 'quietly efficient' type role... until Marriott came along and showed what it should be.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2022, 08:36:48 AM »

We were very very poor and I remain worried.

Ain't going to create chances with your Con-Clarke's and Bennett's out wide. Kaja was a breath of fresh air, who should have come on 15 mins earlier. We may have not conceded those goals.

We were being pressed back and PP bottled the sub, which allowed pressure onto us and they went 2-1 up. Kaja on earlier or even bloody starting may have put a poor away team on the back foot.

PP seems to have lost his bottle, our direct and pressing play. They were much quicker at shifting the ball first half.

We literally only have Colclough who will drive. Mooney and Kossy were also players who drove at defenders. CCC turns and twists but he ain't good enough out wide and Bennett is too slow.

Still need a magic number 10. If Hancock was still here he would be starting whilst Kossy was out so the reason I am worried is with have not progressed. We look weaker, less of a threat.

Dinanga is still turd. His distribution, like James Jones was dog sh*t. James Jones has been awful since returning, gutted as he was and still could be a player.

Malone might aswell not been on the pitch. The sooner we get Marriott the back the much safer we will be.

Toby was MOTM.

A bit unfair to Bennett who never came off the bench. Strange that we only used two subs in such a poor display.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2022, 08:45:59 AM »

Lundstram does a very good, unnoticed job. Some people will miss his input only when he doesn't play
Full time and proud of it

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2022, 08:47:40 AM »

need a proper left and right back,mid field seems ok we do have a creative midfield player in Ben Pringle and what about the new attacker Zak??????
Harold

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2022, 09:20:26 AM »

Based on the showing last night I'm concerned, the beginning of the second half again we switched off, if allowing SC**thorpe to come onto us is game management then the management need to advise why? I agree with all comments above, good to see byrne in goal, he'll do well for us. JJ has been very poor since returning, needs to sort out or be replaced. Barrows needs to get fitter as many of them do, for full time I do wonder what we actually do at training. We are not as good as we were part time.

Not sure why Zak wasn't involved, and Kaja did ok when came on and needs more game time. We could have won at the end, but why are the forwards not trying to get on the end of some good crosses. Beggars belief.

Poor penalty conceded, soft and needless. And the defending for the first from the 50/50 Barrows lost to Toby slipping was comical at best. woeful.

If the current crew arn't good enough then the club need to find a way to get reinforcements in, RW and CF, No10 also.

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2022, 12:34:13 PM »

Lots of effort last night from both teams, but as John Laidlaw suggested in his report “frantic and lack of composure” ( not sure what the match the reporter was watching on the main site).
All evidenced when Jones won the ball at full back in first twenty minutes and punted it 60 yards into an empty space.
Missed crosses abundant, poor distribution from defenders all night unable to find our own players. To be fair SC**thorpe worked hard in closing down high up the pitch but even they were poor. Obviously at HT SC**thorpe were told to move the ball quicker and justifiably went in front.
Kaja seemed to change the game when introduced with strong running and much stronger on the ball than Conn Clarke.
I doubt we can get more quality in this group of players in one season and unless a change in approach we are definitely looking at a difficult season.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2022, 02:59:13 PM »

I know people will get bored of me saying this but was has happened with Alex Sami, when he is he going to get his chance to show what he can do?

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2022, 03:06:41 PM »

For whatever reason, he hasn't been given a chance and I don't expect he will be either. A very strange acquisition if he's not going to be used at all.

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2022, 04:06:05 PM »

Based on the showing last night I'm concerned, the beginning of the second half again we switched off, if allowing SC**thorpe to come onto us is game management then the management need to advise why? I agree with all comments above, good to see byrne in goal, he'll do well for us. JJ has been very poor since returning, needs to sort out or be replaced. Barrows needs to get fitter as many of them do, for full time I do wonder what we actually do at training. We are not as good as we were part time.

This is what I'm struggling to get my head round. Parky bored us with "can't stress the disadvantage of only having part time hours with the players every week" last season.

So we've gone full time yet seem to have gone so far backwards it's baffling and very worrying. Granted we've lost some great players and signed some absolute tosh but it's just looked disorganized all season with centre-halfs playing full back, clueless with our build up through midfield (sideways, backwards) then often resorting to hoof ball with Jordan or Marcus chasing lost causes with f**k all support. We're looking second best even against the worst opposition (our playoff winning side would have gupped them last night).

Add to that the fitness side of it, Kaja obviously isn't fit enough to start otherwise he surely would be, the same issue I imagine with this mythical Sami bloke. Barrows looks ok since he's come in but has been f**ked after 60 minutes the last two home games, we are full time and 9 games into the season, what's going on?

Unless Marriott and Kosylo make a miraculously quick recovery I think we'll be back with the Chester cretins next season unfortunately, in a league that looks tougher than ever.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2022, 05:20:12 PM »

The Parky interview must be receiving a lot of editing. Usually out by now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 SC**thorpe Match Thead