PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax v Harrogate
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Halifax v Harrogate  (Read 5204 times)

York Alty

Re: Halifax v Harrogate
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 09:53:12 PM »

arse

Jimmy

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 09:54:46 PM »

clutching at straws here but at least halifax arent pulling away from us
Yes you are mate

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 09:55:27 PM »

On the plus side, I'd say that gives us a great chance of taking points off Halifax in what are two of our most difficult remaining games. There will be some odd results in the coming weeks, we just need to win as many games as possible to ensure we do our bit.
Come on Alty!

JDN

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 10:40:44 PM »

On the plus side, I'd say that gives us a great chance of taking points off Halifax in what are two of our most difficult remaining games. There will be some odd results in the coming weeks, we just need to win as many games as possible to ensure we do our bit.
Clutching even more

They will just need the points more

Well done Harrogate, I was wrong

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 11:03:47 PM »

How is it clutching at straws? We have beaten Harrogate home and away this season, and if we play to the best of our ability I believe we are capable of beating Halifax too.

Whether we will or not is a different matter, but just because Halifax need the points more doesn't mean I am clutching at straws.
Come on Alty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 11:07:28 PM »

How is it clutching at straws? We have beaten Harrogate home and away this season, and if we play to the best of our ability I believe we are capable of beating Halifax too.

Whether we will or not is a different matter, but just because Halifax need the points more doesn't mean I am clutching at straws.
If we play like we did ay The Shay in the Trophy we're in deep doo-doo.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 11:11:06 PM »

Talk about stating the obvious.
Come on Alty!

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 11:17:59 PM »

There is no plus side to tonight's result

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2013, 11:29:58 PM »

God forbid anyone should try to take something positive from an admittedly disappointing situation.

Come on Alty!

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 11:38:29 PM »

God forbid anyone should try to take something positive from an admittedly disappointing situation.

Basically let's just work hard and try and win every game that's my positive view but that has nothing to do with tonight's game which simply went how we didn't want it I'm sorry if I'm being rude or negative

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2013, 03:06:02 AM »

Basically let's just work hard and try and win every game that's my positive view but that has nothing to do with tonight's game which simply went how we didn't want it I'm sorry if I'm being rude or negative

Agreed Jimmy, the way I look at it, H'gate have used up one of their games in hand on us and not gained any points advantage. We obviously shot ourselves in the foot with those 2 points from 4 games in Feb and made it more difficult. However, just had a look at the last 10 games form, we got 18, H'gate 22 and Gainsboro 17 - in other words very tight and they have to play each other yet. Sure we can't afford another slump as mentioned, but all to play for - something I didn't think when leaving the delights of Workington a couple of weeks ago.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 08:29:16 AM »

Its basically as you were, Colwyn bays surprise win at Harrogate had been cancelled out.If the two result were swopped no on would be surprised.Its up to us to come to the party now, getting some key results, starting with tomorrow, we've tool 9 points from 12 against Gainsborough and Harrogate and that really should have been 12 from 12. They've got to face each other yet, we need to win the games we're supposed to win and pull out some results when up against it like tommorow and weds

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2013, 08:53:44 AM »

And what's more stuff like this written by some ale house outfit with 200 fans actually hurts me

"Funny with the Alty lot, I have read a few of their threads since our 3-0 defeat and they measure us against the 2 wins, however in the first game they were on top for just 10 minutes at the start and we dominated 80 minutes, completely out passed them and the game at theirs can hardly count as we played the majority with 10 men (i know if we played Alty 10 times we would win 8 of them)......"

Its time for altrincham to take the gloves off, square up and fight our way out of this f**king league....

markecky

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2013, 09:09:52 AM »

Harrogate Town are just a thing that a father plays with to keep his son in a job and keep him out of trouble. 

215 fans on the verge of the playoffs, it's a pointless experiment that will crash and burn at the whim of one bloke.  Could happen tomorrow, could be in three years time, see Gainsborough Trinity.

I don't blame the fans they have of course, you can't not celebrate a win because you haven't paid the winger out of the bar take but it's all false.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2013, 09:18:41 AM »

Don't be daft mate, you're not being rude at all.   :)

I think ultimately we all basically agree that we've given ourselves an unnecessary mountain to climb, but we now have to just give it our best and hope others go our way.

Fingers crossed for a good result Saturday. Come on Alty!

Come on Alty!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax v Harrogate