PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Popside standing
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Popside standing  (Read 6308 times)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Popside standing
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2022, 03:28:12 PM »

I have previously touched on the lack of facilities serving the main stand . It's ridiculous that we have to make our way to the corner of the ground for (especially) toilets and refreshments.  I do understand that food and drink can be brought in to the ground by ourselves but toilets should be a given.
I appreciate the away end isn't high on the priorities list but the toilet facilities there are embarrassing.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2022, 04:24:10 PM »

Infrastructure is going to be a massive money pit going forward in our quest for future progression.

I’m of the belief if the ground and facilities look good then more people will want to come through the turnstiles.

PS Yesterdays season ticket holders were yet again not scanned upon entry but just a tick on a piece of paper.

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2022, 05:09:16 PM »

Mine was scanned mate.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2022, 05:27:34 PM »

I have previously touched on the lack of facilities serving the main stand . It's ridiculous that we have to make our way to the corner of the ground for (especially) toilets and refreshments.  I do understand that food and drink can be brought in to the ground by ourselves but toilets should be a given.
    I need to add that my feelings are mostly motivated with thoughts of the many fans who have certain mobility issues (not myself fortunately) , but i have seen many who do .

I seem to remember once at a reserve match or some such, spectators were able to get a brew in the sponsors' lounge behind the family stand. If say blue badge holders were able to sit in the "family stand", and access the toilets and get a cup of tea in the facilities behind that stand (if they can't already) surely that would help, though I don't know what the situation is exactly on match days and whether it would be practical.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2022, 05:30:43 PM »

Infrastructure is going to be a massive money pit going forward in our quest for future progression.

I’m of the belief if the ground and facilities look good then more people will want to come through the turnstiles.

PS Yesterdays season ticket holders were yet again not scanned upon entry but just a tick on a piece of paper.

And my ticket hasn't arrived yet. Not being done by the Welsh FA are they? :)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2022, 08:04:37 AM »

The club needs toilet facilities on the family stand/main stand side. Stewards often prevent fans in these parts from using toilets in the away end for obvious reasons, and we cannot use those in the business/sponsors lounge. This means you have to cross through the main stand over to the other side of the CSH. The only place to cross the main stand is the row behind the directors seats as the aisle is wide enough. After my hip operation I could not climb the main stand steps easily and I struggled to get through. It was a worry for me during games but the club could not resolve it and I often had to beg the stewards to let me use the away end. I am ok now because I am more mobile and like to stand in front of the CSH, but can appreciate some of the difficulties for those in the family stand. We need toilets accessible everywhere as it could hamper our chances of EFL football in the long run. Worries me because at some stage I will have the other hip replaced, hope it's done during the close season!

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2022, 10:33:06 AM »

The club needs toilet facilities on the family stand/main stand side. Stewards often prevent fans in these parts from using toilets in the away end for obvious reasons, and we cannot use those in the business/sponsors lounge. This means you have to cross through the main stand over to the other side of the CSH. The only place to cross the main stand is the row behind the directors seats as the aisle is wide enough. After my hip operation I could not climb the main stand steps easily and I struggled to get through. It was a worry for me during games but the club could not resolve it and I often had to beg the stewards to let me use the away end. I am ok now because I am more mobile and like to stand in front of the CSH, but can appreciate some of the difficulties for those in the family stand. We need toilets accessible everywhere as it could hamper our chances of EFL football in the long run. Worries me because at some stage I will have the other hip replaced, hope it's done during the close season!
agreed and we need some in the fan zone as well
Come on you red and white........

andrewflynn

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2022, 11:56:28 AM »

I think the lack of toilets on the pop side needs addressing first.

I suspect the problem with toilets in the vicinity of the main stand is that the space is pretty much used to its maximum already. Where would they go? In the 2000's and early 2010's you'd have been able to nip underneath the main stand and into the then-Noel White Suite to use the toilet there, or the ones adjacent to the club shop, as gross as they were! We've lost both options now and as others have pointed out, they've been replaced with the toilets on the far side of the Community Sports Hall, which I appreciate would be a big ask for those with mobility issues.

The only long-term fix I can see is a total reworking of that entire side of the ground into a single, pitch-length main stand with all facilities (corporate, media, amenities, restrooms, club shop and office space) considered and included. Highly expensive and at odds with the Sports Hall development but entirely necessary in the next 15-20-30 years I think.

Edit, to add: I think what FC United have at Broadhurst Park is what we should be aiming for.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 11:59:49 AM by Andrew Flynn »

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2022, 02:28:21 PM »

I think the lack of toilets on the pop side needs addressing first.

I suspect the problem with toilets in the vicinity of the main stand is that the space is pretty much used to its maximum already. Where would they go? In the 2000's and early 2010's you'd have been able to nip underneath the main stand and into the then-Noel White Suite to use the toilet there, or the ones adjacent to the club shop, as gross as they were! We've lost both options now and as others have pointed out, they've been replaced with the toilets on the far side of the Community Sports Hall, which I appreciate would be a big ask for those with mobility issues.

The only long-term fix I can see is a total reworking of that entire side of the ground into a single, pitch-length main stand with all facilities (corporate, media, amenities, restrooms, club shop and office space) considered and included. Highly expensive and at odds with the Sports Hall development but entirely necessary in the next 15-20-30 years I think.

Edit, to add: I think what FC United have at Broadhurst Park is what we should be aiming for.
   I agree with most of this except i think with a full length main stand . I think the CSH should be left as it is and develop the two seated stands into one , i.e. two thirds or so of the pitch ( and at a height where everyone in the stand can see all of the pitch ! ) and large enough not to lose any ground capacity . I think this would be much less cost prohibative and still retain some standing room on that side for those who wish to.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2022, 08:06:39 PM »

Aren't there still two portaloos in the "fan zone" corner (though what condition they're in I don't know)?

Really, the trough toilets in that corner should have been promptly replaced, and even they would probably have been better than the current situation, which will hopefully end soon. (And bring back the old programmes shop!).

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2022, 11:02:47 AM »

Standing by the fence is now allowed, but you can't stand two deep. See Club site for full details.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2022, 01:19:58 PM »

Great news
Thanks Bill
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2022, 02:11:50 PM »

Standing by the fence is now allowed, but you can't stand two deep. See Club site for full details.

hopefully that will improve the noise levels.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2022, 09:15:43 AM »

That very good news for the fans who prefer to lean on the fence to watch the game.

What work has actually been done to the perimeter fence that now allows fans to stand by the fence?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2022, 10:01:37 AM »

I now call for the catering team to produce hot drinks cups with a concave curve in the base.  In the past the barriers were square and you could sit your tea on it, now they are cylinders.
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Popside standing