PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Player of the half-season Poll

Poll

Who has been your player of the campaign thus far?

Stuart Coburn
- 4 (3.7%)
Shaun Densmore
- 6 (5.6%)
Adam Griffin
- 39 (36.4%)
Jake Moult
- 3 (2.8%)
Luca Havern
- 5 (4.7%)
Scott Leather
- 9 (8.4%)
James Lawrie
- 10 (9.3%)
Simon Richman
- 3 (2.8%)
Steven Gillespie
- 0 (0%)
Damian Reeves
- 18 (16.8%)
Nicky Clee
- 4 (3.7%)
Sean Williams
- 2 (1.9%)
Ryan Crowther
- 0 (0%)
Kyle Perry
- 1 (0.9%)
Greg Wilkinson
- 0 (0%)
Tom Marshall
- 0 (0%)
Dave Parton
- 1 (0.9%)
Sean Williams
- 0 (0%)
Ryan Crowther
- 0 (0%)
Peter Cavanagh
- 2 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Player of the half-season Poll  (Read 6240 times)

andrewflynn

« on: November 30, 2014, 06:07:09 PM »

Interested to see what people think as I feel we have a few strong candidates here. For that reason I've given two votes.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 06:15:02 PM by An Arabian Investor »

joe

Re: Play of the half-season Poll
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 06:11:02 PM »

So it should be players of the half the season then?

andrewflynn

Re: Play of the half-season Poll
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 06:13:38 PM »

Well spotted!

andrewflynn

Re: Player of the half-season Poll
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 06:17:53 PM »

Two players already pulled well clear of the rest. They're the two I went for as well.

Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 06:19:55 PM »

I'm not sure it's a surprise to be fair

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 06:23:28 PM »

griffin, reeves moult, lawrie and densmore so far for me

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 07:33:47 PM »

Love the Alty forum.

Griffin was gash, he should never be at the club, he is too small, he cant head the ball, he is out of position and now he is half season player of the year. Or perhaps the haters always shout louder than the more content.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 07:35:19 PM by Jenga »

Hamilton

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 07:46:26 PM »

Love the Alty forum.

Griffin was gash, he should never be at the club, he is too small, he cant head the ball, he is out of position and now he is half season player of the year. Or perhaps the haters always shout louder than the more content.

:D

bighairedmike

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 09:16:36 PM »

Love the Alty forum.

The first was a point I made sometime last season, the second is the reason I believed it and my third problem was that he didn't get forward enough. I was glad to be able to say on Radio Robins that he had changed my mind about him and as such he was my first vote for half season POTY.

People can change their opinions on a player. Look at the amount of people now lauding James Lawrie when they have, quite vociferously, said that he has been awful for the past few years. The same can be said for Simon Richman, etc. just because you don't originally rate a player doesn't mean that player can't make you change your mind on them. And fair play to that player for doing it. I don't think anybody ever wants a player to fail and I'm extremely happy that Griff has proved this doubter wrong.

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 09:54:35 PM »

It was loads of people slating Griff and that was only until maybe about 6 weeks ago if i recall.

On another note I though Marshall was very solid yesterday.

bighairedmike

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 01:28:43 AM »

It was loads of people slating Griff and that was only until maybe about 6 weeks ago if i recall.

On another note I though Marshall was very solid yesterday.

I appreciate I'm not the only one, an people do have a tendency to go quiet on here wen proved wrong, but I don't believe Griff was all that good until the southport game (about 6 games in IIRC). The fact that he cost us that game with a downright outrageous disregard for the officiality of the referees made me slate his decision making, not his general play. Since then he has played magnificently. I personally believe some of his defensive choices yesterday were a bit suspect but then, he's playing at Conference level. He can't get everything right all the time. Otherwise he'd be playing in the premier league. As I say, I know it's not a personal attack on me about the "Griff Doubters" but I am happy I've been proved wrong and glad that he has become a formidable weapon, especially when we attack.

andrewflynn

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 03:27:51 PM »

1. Adam Griffin
2. Damian Reeves
3. James Lawrie
4. Scott Leather

Seems about right in my opinion. I thought Jake Moult would have got a few more votes though.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 03:45:57 PM »

It seems a little unfair to heap so much praise on one or two individuals when it's the TEAM who deserve the credit, and I include the management/coaching team in that as well.

To be acquitting ourselves this well with a tiny squad, part time, low budget and playing the right way, attractive football and top of the fair play league yet again, is a tremendous credit to the manager and his coaching staff and the players.

In my opinion they have ALL done well, maybe with a couple of exceptions or not had a real chance yet to shine and they might yet do.

It's all about expectations really, I must admit that I didnt expect us to be doing this well, and a couple of defeats and all this positivity will evaporate again  :o :o :o ::) :P :-[

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 06:16:22 PM »

It seems a little unfair to heap so much praise on one or two individuals when it's the TEAM who deserve the credit, and I include the management/coaching team in that as well.

To be acquitting ourselves this well with a tiny squad, part time, low budget and playing the right way, attractive football and top of the fair play league yet again, is a tremendous credit to the manager and his coaching staff and the players.

In my opinion they have ALL done well, maybe with a couple of exceptions or not had a real chance yet to shine and they might yet do.

It's all about expectations really, I must admit that I didnt expect us to be doing this well, and a couple of defeats and all this positivity will evaporate again  :o :o :o ::) :P :-[

Ian,

You may be utterly astonished to read that I agree with virtually all of your post.

The only thing I would query is your assertion that we are "top of the fair play league yet again", as I would have thought that the fact that we have incurred four red cards this season to date would have pushed us down a few places in that particular category.

And before I get any grief, I am certainly not suggesting that we are a 'dirty' bunch of cloggers!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jimmy

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 06:58:04 PM »

Its a good point you make about it being a team effort however do we not have a actual player of the season award because it's unfair on players who have played well but won't be player of the season
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team