PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nothing has changed
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Nothing has changed  (Read 6247 times)

lukealty12

Re: Nothing has changed
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 10:08:20 PM »

im stying positive

smithers

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 10:26:47 PM »

I hope it focusses the lads on getting the goals we'll need for a win. Better to know a win is definately enough but i really think (&hope) one of the 5 will slip up. Would be so gutting if we went down on goal difference but Stafford are worse off than us so a draw for them coupled with a win for us would see us home i believe.

NVFC_Fan

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 10:36:14 PM »

Vics fan here.... just registered to your forum to wish you all the best on Saturday. You'll be pleased to know there is a number of us who want you to stay up!!

Good luck on Saturday, hope you get the points and other resutls go your way!

markecky

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007, 10:55:03 PM »

We need a favour from you mate...

We need you to roll over by a good few goals tomorrow against Stevenage.

Then they go to Halifax with an outside chance of making the playoffs and have to go at them.

Thanks.

Jenga

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 08:58:13 AM »

Vics fan here.... just registered to your forum to wish you all the best on Saturday. You'll be pleased to know there is a number of us who want you to stay up!!

Good luck on Saturday, hope you get the points and other resutls go your way!

Cheers, nice to see that there are some good football fans out their who prefer to see derby matchs.

Thanks again.

NVFC_Fan

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 09:44:28 AM »

We need a favour from you mate...

We need you to roll over by a good few goals tomorrow against Stevenage.

Then they go to Halifax with an outside chance of making the playoffs and have to go at them.

Thanks.

Vic's at the moment are really struggling with injuries, the past two games we've only had 4 subs, one a reserve goalie (well, thats questionable) one just come back from a broken leg, another brought up from the reserves and we suffered even more injuries last Monday...  and not forgetting the lads are totally knackered! so if there was a time that we could get 'turned over' as you say tonight is the one. I'm sure Stevenage have done their homework, but i think they seem to be only talking of Wembley, so we'll have to wait and see. Anyway, as i said earlier all the best come Saturday!

louise1925

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 10:12:35 AM »

Forget Cambridge, Crawley, Halifax and Stafford. Cambridge will win by a cricket score and so will Crawley. Whatever else people say about Halifax, they don't lose too many at home and Stevenage will NOT get into the play offs. Stafford? Well, they've been all over the place this season, but FGR do us a favour when there's nothing in it for them? Of course Stafford should not be beating them, but I'm sure they will! No, for me, that leaves Morecambe-Grays. A massive gulf exists between these two sides and the Shrimps have home advantage. Sammy Mac is a mate of GHs and Danny Adams will be trying his heart out I'm sure. I think we can rest assured that Morecambe will do the right thing. That just leaves us! Anybody think we can actually win? Perhaps with 2000+ people cheering us on...oh, and an early goal from a 3-pronged strike force THORNLEY, LITTLE, MCFADDEN - no pussyfooting about.
AltyBri

markecky

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 10:18:51 AM »

"and Stevenage will NOT get into the play offs"

AltyBri..the point is not whether or not Stevenage will get in the players.  Its whether or not they have a slight chance of doing so at the start of the Halifax match.  Imagine if they didn't go for it and Burton and Exeter lost, I am sure that they would be gutted as what they could of done.

I stand by my original point that we need Stevenage to get a few at Vics tonight to make it half possible.

louise1925

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 10:24:08 AM »

Didn't Stevenage have a slight chance of making the play offs on the final day of last season and then got stuffed at FGR? No, Stevenage will realise that the chances of both Exeter and Burton losing and Gravesend drawing are very minimal. I understand what you are saying. It's about hope, but I just don't think many Stevenage players will be holding out too much hope. It's got to be Morecambe beating Grays, which they are very capable of doing. In fact, I'm fairly confident about that, it's just us beating Shots I'm not terribly sure of.

DarrenH

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2007, 11:09:40 AM »

What happened to the power of positive thought !!
Good luck to everyone on Saturday. Hope everyone gets behind the team.
Whatever happens I am sure everyone will be applauding the effort of the team and management over the season.

WiganAlty

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007, 12:51:33 PM »

We can and will win on Saturday.  I'd rather be at home to Aldershot than almost anyone else.  They have nothing to play for and are dreadful away from home.

That's what people were saying about Tamworth - nothing to play for now they are relegated and look what happened!!

It's strange how teams with bad away form come to Moss Lane and end up rediscovering their form!!

Nonetheless - C'MON ALTY.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007, 01:13:25 PM »

Just as a further point Tamworth are no mugs, they will be well aware that fourth from bottom could be enough to save themselves.

This being the case they could well beat Cambridge in an effort to finish twenty first, and of course they could do us a rather large favour in the process.

Oh the irony.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2007, 03:39:08 PM »

And don't think Charlie Clapham and Southport won't be going all out for a win that would put them in 21st ahead of us on goal difference either.  :P

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2007, 03:53:07 PM »

Again setting myself up for a huge Peakeing here but we are talking about the Conference National here, not the Trumpton Sunday League.

Every player in every team whether they be champions, in the playoffs, relegated, mid table with nowt to play for or whatever will I feel sure be putting in their all on Saturday.

These players are playing at the top level outside the Coca Cola League and, even if part time have a huge degree of professionalism and professional pride.

Do you honestly think that if we were safe with nowt to play for then our lads would just go through the motions on Saturday - no, me either and I'd be very offended if anybody suggested that was going to be the case. Why then should any other player from any other club not give their all?

No we have, as a team, to give of our best as I'm sure we always do. If it isn't good enough then we get relegated if it is and things go for us then we stay up. Someone has to go down and to be honest we aren't in the bottom four because we're particularly marvellous are we?

Let's not disrespect other teams players please but hope that we can survive

Hemel Dave

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2007, 04:24:35 PM »

AltyTunnelSteward.  I see your point and agree that no player would intentionally not play to their best.  But psychologically it really does make a difference.  See how Dagenham lost their next 2 games after promotion - I'm sure they were trying to win those games but something in the back of the mind is not quite 100% and at this level it can make all the difference.  Hope I'm wrong.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nothing has changed