Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The most ridiculous match conditions ever!
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The most ridiculous match conditions ever!  (Read 6234 times)

JDN

Re: The most ridiculous match conditions ever!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 03:47:05 PM »

A very Foggy Runcorn, Canal Street, Couldnt see the other end of the pitch. Abandoned needless to say. Early 90's.

November 88

VofD

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 04:03:54 PM »

A very Foggy Runcorn, Canal Street, Couldnt see the other end of the pitch. Abandoned needless to say. Early 90's.

November 88

and the coach driver got lost and we ended up in Liverpool. ::) ::)

matnvfcmad

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 04:12:04 PM »

New years day at home to Leigh RMI back in 2005 stormy winds and heavy down pour at the swamp and the pitch was like a mud bath :D

bighairedmike

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 06:52:10 PM »

The foggy fiasco's at Tamworth n 07/08(?) in the FA trophy(?) which got played about 3 times if I remember correctly. Or we played them twice in the trophy and once in the league in the space of a couple of weeks. As has already been mentioned, Stafford, vics and droylesden have all been woeful.

I seem to remember a new years day game at home to frickley being played. I can't remember the score, I know we won (possibly 3-0), and I remember Ellison and Gallagher scoring. Being young at the time and idolising them it was their goals and a certain snowball fight that I remember most of that game.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2012, 07:20:43 PM »

Kidderminster at moss lane  can't remember what season, thunder storm  and lightning  ref took teams off  till it stopped

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2012, 07:26:22 PM »

The foggy fiasco's at Tamworth n 07/08(?) in the FA trophy(?) which got played about 3 times if I remember correctly. Or we played them twice in the trophy and once in the league in the space of a couple of weeks. As has already been mentioned, Stafford, vics and droylesden have all been woeful.

I seem to remember a new years day game at home to frickley being played. I can't remember the score, I know we won (possibly 3-0), and I remember Ellison and Gallagher scoring. Being young at the time and idolising them it was their goals and a certain snowball fight that I remember most of that game.
I remember that Tamworth trophy game. It shouldn't have been started, it was very foggy. But I think it was started because I think Tamworth were offering vouchers for their FA Cup 3rd Round against Norwich. We got to half-time and we were 2-1 up. The game was abandoned at half time despite conditions improving.
They really should be beating teams like us
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The most ridiculous match conditions ever!