PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ENGLAND!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: ENGLAND!  (Read 6221 times)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: ENGLAND!
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2010, 04:18:42 PM »

I put the ultranationalistic xenophobes in the same category as those who think it's 'cool' to despise their own country. Maybe I am a simpleton, I support Alty, because I am from down the road and I support England, because I am English! There are enough complexities in life. ;)

Totally agree with that.  There are things I hate about the England team and some of our fans, but its still my country and I'll support it.

Longman

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2010, 06:02:49 PM »

In my opinion people going out of their way to support another country is just laughable, it seems to be 'cool' with some people to be anti the england football team.

Have the Slovenia fans on here actually spent any time in the country?  Do they know and understand the culture and idiosyncracies (sic) of the nation?  Do they have any tangible affiliation to the place?

I am born English to English parents, who were also born to English parents and it's the country I choose to live in and contribute towards, I am also immensely proud of being an Englishman.

I will support it in any sport in which we are represented and certainly would never choose to support some former eastern bloc country instead,  ::)

bighairedmike

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2010, 12:01:45 AM »

In my opinion people going out of their way to support another country is just laughable, it seems to be 'cool' with some people to be anti the england football team.

Have the Slovenia fans on here actually spent any time in the country?  Do they know and understand the culture and idiosyncracies (sic) of the nation?  Do they have any tangible affiliation to the place?

I am born English to English parents, who were also born to English parents and it's the country I choose to live in and contribute towards, I am also immensely proud of being an Englishman.
I will support it in any sport in which we are represented and certainly would never choose to support some former eastern bloc country instead,  ::)

But you dont like chicken kievs so your opinion is null and void.  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ENGLAND!