PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ENGLAND!
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: ENGLAND!  (Read 6222 times)

joe

England
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 08:18:30 AM »

Spot on SW! I chose to watch Scotland v Spain Longman as i thought it would be a better match,not because i thought Scotland are better than England. At the present moment in time they are probably on a par with England.

taxi Phil

Re: ENGLAND!
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2010, 08:29:32 AM »

Sadly, none of the four home countries can really cut it at the moment (though it would appear that the Scots performed with a great deal of credit). I haven't seen the Republic of late - perhaps Redhill can enlighten me on their present health !

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2010, 09:19:17 AM »

I support Slovenia in international competitions and aren't the Martells rabid Lichtenstein fans?

We've got the right idea.

Grahame Rowley, Steve Foster & John Skelhorn were at their game in Estonia on Tuesday......it was after the England C game in which Shaun Densmore was an unused substitute.

Adam & Dan Martell are indeed two of many Alty fans who follow the mighty Liechtenstein :D

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2010, 02:27:50 PM »

I have a Slovenia flag here that was flying proudly during the WC :)

brian1925

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 02:39:39 PM »

I put the ultranationalistic xenophobes in the same category as those who think it's 'cool' to despise their own country. Maybe I am a simpleton, I support Alty, because I am from down the road and I support England, because I am English! There are enough complexities in life. ;)

fuertes

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 02:47:55 PM »

I put the ultranationalistic xenophobes in the same category as those who think it's 'cool' to despise their own country. Maybe I am a simpleton, I support Alty, because I am from down the road and I support England, because I am English! There are enough complexities in life. ;)

Obviously it's slightly different since I'm Northern Irish by family ties/birth, but I think I agree.

I can understand why people have little feeling for the English national team because of some of the fans it brings out (i.e. neo nazis), the mass hysteria, and the fact so many of the players are prima donnas who don't know they're born (Ashley Cole the 'slave' for example), but to actively go around telling everyone you want England to lose to some random country which probably has plenty of problems of its own seems a bit knobbish.

brian1925

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2010, 02:55:08 PM »

That's what I meant Fuertes. Many English players have done everything they possibly can to alienate fans of the national team, but at the end of the day, I am English, not bloody Slovenian, I wanted England to win on Tuesday, but you have to admire the Montenegrans. It actually put me in mind of the way we play, when we are up against the big boys in the Conference, so good on them.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2010, 04:24:49 PM »

I celebrate St Georges Day every year but can't be bothered supporting England in Football for the various reasons I always say. I do not expect everyone in Alty to support Altrincham so in that respect I do no expect everyone in England to support the national team. I was born in Wythenshawe hospital but can say I have never seen Wythenshawe Town play ... Terrible aren't i ?

andrewflynn

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2010, 05:31:26 PM »

I support England but I agree that it's going downhill on a whole, still I feel I have to support them as my country.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2010, 05:46:44 PM »

Question... If M*cc had players in the England team would you chant their names and want them to be successful ?, be heroes and worship them when wearing the red cross ?

As people know what I don't get is the whole "Hate a player" one week and then cheer him on the next ... Hate a fan of another club one week and then stand side by side in unity together ?

Yes I am small minded and maybe should look at the bigger picture but I see it as double standards.

Scousers wanting Manc's to succeed and vice versa, and then hating each other on a club match day makes no sense to me?

oh and I know 'hate' is a strong word but M*cc does come in that category :) I remember having an argument \ set to with Macc Fans at a cricket match at OT .. So I'd be terrible at football :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 05:55:10 PM by gazwarrington »

andrewflynn

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2010, 05:55:57 PM »

That's the beauty of supporting Non League football and being a neutral in the Premiership, only one I don't particularly like is Ashley Cole

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2010, 05:58:42 PM »

So in 10-15(can't be too specific) years you'll turn your back on England when Alty are flying high in the Premiership  ;D ;D ;D

Longman

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2010, 08:04:47 PM »

I hate England the most!

Do I get a prize now?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2010, 08:11:56 PM »

I reckon Rocky Robin might have a say in this yet :)

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2010, 08:15:44 PM »

We cant say its yobs at the top level who spoil England, we've had our share of knobs / yobs at the chequers end and we have a certain fan / yob who makes me cringe when he gets angry with an old vics fan or kicks an advertising hording, loved it when he got his foot stuck in a hording at the drill field and begged the stewards for help  ;D
I live in Wales, my heart is always English so I support England my country and my team as I was born near to Alty, god smiled on me that day it could have been Withington  :-\

Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ENGLAND!