News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax FC Vs AFC Halifax Shaymen

Author Topic: Halifax FC Vs AFC Halifax Shaymen  (Read 1364 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: May 13, 2008, 12:59:02 PM »

The local Fax paper has various reports that both the 'Consortium' and the 'Supporters' are trying to form a new club.
The existing consortium and management are talking to the FA to transfer the existing company to another company (think Vics did this?) so that they can play as high as possible up the leagues. Additionally the Supporters Trust are doing something similar in order to set up a new club (like FCUM maybe?).
The FA though will only allow entry to the pyramid system for one club and unfortunately the articles appear to imply that both teams are working in isolation of each other.
Therefore there is some interesting developments ahead. Not sure which one I would prefer if I were a Shayman.......consortium probably have greater 'clout' right now, but supporters club may be best in the long term.
Anyway best of luck to both parties and I hope they can come together and get up and running next season.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Hamilton

Re: Halifax FC Vs AFC Halifax Shaymen
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 10:56:30 PM »

Didn't a similar thing happen at scarborough, and the supporters' trust team got the nod?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team