Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What do people want to hear from the board?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What do people want to hear from the board?  (Read 3742 times)

Narcissist

« on: May 13, 2008, 12:07:18 PM »

Porkpie's made a comment on another thread about being uncomfortable with our pending reprieve. I think that feeling of discomfort is mirrored by the board and management, and its a great shame. It contributes massively to why fans feel uncomfortable! Why do we never here the club making statements of:

"We have had our share of the luck, now is time to build and rely on success on the pitch. We are going to be mid-table next year because we have more resources due to good management off-pitch and great experience in BSP. We have time to plan and we're going to throw everything we can afford at achieving similar to Histon/Salisbury!"

Instead we get this feeling sorry for ourselves crap that just translates onto the pitch at the start of next season. What player wants to come to a club who wants to play in the league below??? Its not just that we cant match the wages of Burton to get Banim et al, we can't match the ambition and so there won't be many players willing to take a leap of faith in Alty.

Now is a perfect time for our board to make a statement of intent for next season and start to act positively. Any more negative press and we won't even get Carl Furlong to play for us. We're in danger of drowning in our own sorrow. IT HAS TO STOP!

What does everyone else want the board to come out and say? Maybe we can give them some ideas  ;)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: What do people want to hear from the board?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 12:12:44 PM »

I'd be chuffed to bits to hear them say what you've just said.

We (the fans) want to be the best club we can afford to be, don't we? - surely we can afford a little investment this season.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

AltySi

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 12:13:25 PM »

Obviosuly I can't speak for the board, but although I feel uncomfortable with the whole sitaution that will see us reprieved, it doesn't mean I don't want to stay up. The last ting I want to be doing is going to places like Alfreton and Workington. As I saidf it's difficult to explain, but it just seems like nobody will take us seriously anymore.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 12:14:51 PM »

I can see the board coming out with the usual "we're part time, we've no money, we can't compete, GH is the right man for the job, he is Mr Altrincham, no one knows more about non-league than him" (delete /cross off as applicable)

It's our very own Alty bingo :)

Narcissist

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 12:19:42 PM »

The thing is, one season finishing 10 points above the drop zone and its all forgotten about.

Why is GG so unhappy we stayed up? If Halifax had paid tax instead of players we could have survived with a game to spare like vics, or even better possibly.

I can understand how you feel, but would you feel the same if the board said enough is enough, next season we're going for it and we'll finish mid-table, let someone else get the reprieve. The board havent defended the club in all this, and as a result have let down the fans in my eyes.

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 12:20:39 PM »

How about this -

"We have had our share of the luck, now is time to build and rely on success on the pitch. We are going to be mid-table next year because we have more resources due to good management off-pitch and great experience in BSP. We have time to plan and we're going to throw everything we can afford at achieving similar to Histon/Salisbury! In addition as we have been so lucky this year again and due to the problems at Halifax we are going to arrange a friendly with them with all proceeds going to help Halifax reform and get back on their, it is the least we can"

le bignose

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 12:50:00 PM »

How about this -

"We have had our share of the luck, now is time to build and rely on success on the pitch. We are going to be mid-table next year because we have more resources due to good management off-pitch and great experience in BSP. We have time to plan and we're going to throw everything we can afford at achieving similar to Histon/Salisbury! In addition as we have been so lucky this year again and due to the problems at Halifax we are going to arrange a friendly with them with all proceeds going to help Halifax reform and get back on their, it is the least we can"

can you print this off and read it at the Fans Forum cos it couldnt be simpler!!! Bang on mate !!! If we do hear along them lines is another thing but i certainly hope to now!!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 01:43:21 PM by le bignose »

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 01:38:13 PM »

Graham Heathcote has until Xmas to prove he can provide the succesful sexy football that we the board feel would reflect the efforts off the pitch, this is an entertainment business and the fans deserve entertainment. There is a queue of succesful managers in the lower leagues desperate for a chance to manage a big club like Alty...in fact they'd probably do it for nothing.
Our patience is running out waiting for a team that challenges for the play offs at least...

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 01:42:56 PM »

Graham Heathcote has until Xmas to prove he can provide the succesful sexy football that we the board feel would reflect the efforts off the pitch, this is an entertainment business and the fans deserve entertainment. There is a queue of succesful managers in the lower leagues desperate for a chance to manage a big club like Alty...in fact they'd probably do it for nothing.
Our patience is running out waiting for a team that challenges for the play offs at least...

;D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

VofD

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 02:04:41 PM »

In the light of some of their antics last season, the Board have instructed the manager and his assistant to conduct themselves in a manner befitting of Altrincham FC.

Narcissist

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 02:36:25 PM »

In the light of some of their antics last season, the Board have instructed the manager and his assistant to conduct themselves in a manner befitting of Altrincham FC.

Ok, but i was thinking of something positive?

I suppose this is positive for you  ;D

VofD

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 02:50:49 PM »

It needs to be said. GH's conduct of late has been downright embarrassing. But come to think it, nothing will be done about his behaviour because he is MR ALTRINCHAM. >:( >:(

baldrick

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 02:57:12 PM »

I would like to see the board show some ambition. New fans are not going to be attracted to a club whose ambition is to finish 20th. I understand the dangers of overspending but you don't get anywhere in life without taking the occasional risk. Money must be found for 3-4 quality signings. Part of the cost could be offset by getting rid of players who clearly have no future at the club, Aspinall, McFadden, Sedgemore etc. The expense must also be balanced against the potential loss of income relegation will cause.

Longman

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 02:57:57 PM »

Porkpie's made a comment on another thread about being uncomfortable with our pending reprieve. I think that feeling of discomfort is mirrored by the board and management, and its a great shame. It contributes massively to why fans feel uncomfortable! Why do we never here the club making statements of:

"We have had our share of the luck, now is time to build and rely on success on the pitch. We are going to be mid-table next year because we have more resources due to good management off-pitch and great experience in BSP. We have time to plan and we're going to throw everything we can afford at achieving similar to Histon/Salisbury!"

Instead we get this feeling sorry for ourselves crap that just translates onto the pitch at the start of next season. What player wants to come to a club who wants to play in the league below??? Its not just that we cant match the wages of Burton to get Banim et al, we can't match the ambition and so there won't be many players willing to take a leap of faith in Alty.

Now is a perfect time for our board to make a statement of intent for next season and start to act positively. Any more negative press and we won't even get Carl Furlong to play for us. We're in danger of drowning in our own sorrow. IT HAS TO STOP!

What does everyone else want the board to come out and say? Maybe we can give them some ideas  ;)

Such a good post.

At the moment it feels like the board and the fans are coming from completely different directions!  :(

le bignose

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 04:28:43 PM »

It needs to be said. GH's conduct of late has been downright embarrassing. But come to think it, nothing will be done about his behaviour because he is MR ALTRINCHAM. >:( >:(

Yaaaaaawn .....

So im taking it this is your voice of question come thursday at the Fans Forum then??? A chance to air your views face to face maybe ????
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team