News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Banim signed for Burton!!

Author Topic: Banim signed for Burton!!  (Read 3505 times)

le bignose

« on: May 13, 2008, 10:52:44 AM »

"Burton Albion have started their rebuilding for next season by releasing three players and signing Droylsden striker Jody Banim on a one-year deal."

Pity we can start rebuilding ............. bit of talk on here about this guy!! One down more to miss i guess!!! 

« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 03:27:24 PM by le bignose »

Alty365

Re: Banim signed for Burton!!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 10:55:56 AM »

To be honest I am more concerned about signing a big target man to play alongside Little, somebody like the lad Akinde at Ebbsfleet. All their best attacks went through him against Torquay and he was a constant menace.

le bignose

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 11:01:14 AM »

To be honest I am more concerned about signing a big target man to play alongside Little, somebody like the lad Akinde at Ebbsfleet. All their best attacks went through him against Torquay and he was a constant menace.

true. Cant really picture this player, but my concern is with a big target man, will we sign wing men who CAN cross a ball and supply the ammo for so called "big target men". We dont have anyone who can now as we know. Or does a big target man mean route one over the top to him to knock down to col/senior. Wingers have been a constant issue as we know, and not since Pottsy have we had anyone who can knock a ball in ( althought JJ at left back got forward and did the job)

I just hope we dont keep seeing movement around other clubs while we're again picking up the pieces left over. I know we're still in limbo with the reprive so its hard to move forward

markecky

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 11:04:03 AM »

Reprieve or not..lets not forget we are still going to be at the back of the queue for players.

If we had been mad keen on Banim..Burton would have offered him more money.  End of deal.

le bignose

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 11:07:36 AM »

Reprieve or not..lets not forget we are still going to be at the back of the queue for players.

If we had been mad keen on Banim..Burton would have offered him more money.  End of deal.

again true, is it me or do you just feel like screaming ha!! Like you say Ecky, we're always at the back of the queue!!! But i do have faith in GH forming a decent team again, he can find decent players on our budget, but how he goes about getting the best out of it, well lets see hey

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 11:13:47 AM »

I think I speak for everybody when I say I would like to see us sign exciting players who will play attractive attacking football next season. However, if the alternative is that we sign players who play long-ball football but do it effectively and win games I'm all for it. What we cannot accept as fans is another season of defending constantly on the edge of our 6 yard box and waiting to concede the first goal. The opportunity is there to plan for next season just as thoroughly as everybody else this time so there can be no excuses.

le bignose

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 11:17:42 AM »

I think I speak for everybody when I say I would like to see us sign exciting players who will play attractive attacking football next season. However, if the alternative is that we sign players who play long-ball football but do it effectively and win games I'm all for it. What we cannot accept as fans is another season of defending constantly on the edge of our 6 yard box and waiting to concede the first goal. The opportunity is there to plan for next season just as thoroughly as everybody else this time so there can be no excuses.

Dont hold your breath then!!!  ;)

louise1925

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 01:32:25 PM »

The interesting part of this transfer is Burton's subsequent release of tall striker Jake Edwards. Following on from the impact Jon Shaw made at Halifax after his release from Burton, isn't Jake Edwards the sort of player we should be interested in? Just a thought.

altyf

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 02:17:47 PM »

He caused us loads of problems when he played for Tamworth two or three seasons ago, but seemed to turn into a big lazy lump at Burton...if we can get him playing regularly then in theory he could be exactly what we need. The fear is that he'll be another Peter Thompson. Also interesting to see Mark Greaves has left. I always rated him highly and I can see him doing a job at the back. Also, if Greg Young leaves, him and Tinno could make a good partnership if they played together before at Burton.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 02:20:00 PM by Moss Lane Man »

Alty365

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 02:50:26 PM »

I was under the impression Tinno was retiring this summer?

Longman

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 02:53:27 PM »

He caused us loads of problems when he played for Tamworth two or three seasons ago, but seemed to turn into a big lazy lump at Burton...if we can get him playing regularly then in theory he could be exactly what we need. The fear is that he'll be another Peter Thompson. Also interesting to see Mark Greaves has left. I always rated him highly and I can see him doing a job at the back. Also, if Greg Young leaves, him and Tinno could make a good partnership if they played together before at Burton.

I certainly hope Youngy doesn't leave, he's been immense since he joined us!

baldrick

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 03:01:22 PM »

How about signing Droylsdens only other good player Denham as a replacement for Shotton.

le bignose

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 03:31:09 PM »

I hope so, and thats in the nicest possible terms as he's done a good job for us but showed he is at the end of his career back end of the season.

We CANT lose Young, jesus, one player we must keep hold of and build a solid back four around now shotts has gone. And thats not including Tinno for me!!

altyf

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 04:00:34 PM »

How about signing Droylsdens only other good player Denham as a replacement for Shotton.

But Denham is a winger and Shotton is a CB?

If that is the case, I personally will be gutted. I know there are people on this forum who say he's past it, a lot of our goals conceded came from his lack of pace and I can completely see where these views are coming from. But I thought Tinno was immense for us, and unfortunately a Tinno with pace probably wouldn't be playing for Alty. I thought his organisation and experience was invaluable for younger players such as Shotton and Young.

I hope so, and thats in the nicest possible terms as he's done a good job for us but showed he is at the end of his career back end of the season.

We CANT lose Young, jesus, one player we must keep hold of and build a solid back four around now shotts has gone. And thats not including Tinno for me!!

I feel exactly the same way. Youngy was superb for us...I remember seeing him warming up at Oxford just after we signed him and just after we'd brought in the loan players and I thought he'd never get a game with Tinno and Shotton as centre backs. The fact that he was good enough to push Shotton to right back (whether that was the right decision or not) shows how consistent he was. I desperatey hope he stays.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 07:57:14 PM »

Mark Greaves has signed for York apparently.

Also, I don't give a sh*t about style of football. I'd rather see us T**t it up to a big lump like Leo Fortune West and then Colin put in his knock downs for a load of 2-0 victories anyday.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team