News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Finish bottom

Author Topic: Finish bottom  (Read 2718 times)

jc

Finish bottom
« on: May 12, 2008, 09:56:56 PM »

To ensure we eventually play in the Blue square North, we need to finish bottom next season  and if teams go bust we will still have a good chance of being relegated.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Finish bottom
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 10:01:17 PM »

Not if the team coming up, Burscough for example, cannot gain entry due to ground regulations !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

VofD

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 10:04:56 PM »

We should offer to start next season at MINUS 20 POINTS to ensure relegation. ;) ;) ;)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 10:06:35 PM »

We should offer to start next season at MINUS 20 POINTS to ensure relegation. ;) ;) ;)

wont need to if we dont get good enough players in , we would be the derby of bsp

Alty365

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 10:10:16 PM »

Not if the team coming up, Burscough for example, cannot gain entry due to ground regulations !

Surely if Farsley is good enough Burscough must be good enough?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 10:27:24 PM »

A friend at work is involved at Burscough. They have problems at the moment with their ground grading and may not be allowed in Conf N for much longer.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Alty365

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 10:35:16 PM »

A friend at work is involved at Burscough. They have problems at the moment with their ground grading and may not be allowed in Conf N for much longer.

I honestly can't see a great deal of difference between their ground and Farsley's.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 10:35:38 PM »

But didn't I read that Farsley wouldn't have been able to stay up anyway because they hadn't achieved the required grading in time?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 12:27:31 AM »

Didn't Farsley promise that their ground would be improved or even a new ground would be built, only for them to now decide (sensible decision) to stay put ? .......Jack P help me here please

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 12:29:52 AM »

Think Burscough needed to spend about £60k to bring the ground up to Conf N standard, but since they are moving next season, were let off spending this amount. The move might now have fell thro', leaving them in the lurch

louise1925

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 07:40:59 AM »

I haven't heard that the move has fallen through. I've seen their chairman showing off models of the proposed complex in Ormskirk town centre and it does look pretty impressive. I also believe that Bryan Robson has some involvement with what is essentially a community based project with several pitches being used by all their junior teams. The new ground will be a stones throw from the old one aka Forest Green style. Burscough appear to be a club moving forwards, though whether they will ever be abe to fill their gorund is another matter.

thegazelle

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 09:13:30 AM »

I know of a good way to lose ten points llets spend too much money on players wages for a season or two
or 18 is easy just sign a foreign player and dont do the paperwork only problem with this is some clubs get their points back

JackPFarsley

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 10:40:13 AM »

Didn't Farsley promise that their ground would be improved or even a new ground would be built, only for them to now decide (sensible decision) to stay put ? .......Jack P help me here please

Well....
Remember that planning permission that we had turned down?
Well simply that land would have been sold to a housing company for somewhere in the region of £2million I believe, and part of the deal was that the company would build us a new stand for free...but with it been rejected I'm guessing we don't have the funds to do the building ourselves. Sensible decision I think.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Finish bottom