News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Just out of interest...

Author Topic: Just out of interest...  (Read 2115 times)

jimmyhank

Just out of interest...
« on: March 14, 2010, 06:55:18 PM »

...does anyone know what the attendance was at Droylsden and how does it compare to previous home games? I've had a nosey on their website and couldn't find anything. Just trying to see what uptake there was, if any, on their free entry offer.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Just out of interest...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 07:05:32 PM »

...does anyone know what the attendance was at Droylsden and how does it compare to previous home games? I've had a nosey on their website and couldn't find anything. Just trying to see what uptake there was, if any, on their free entry offer.

off the top of my  head   it was something like 1296

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 08:19:02 PM »

Just read their forum and it was 1,296. But seems they were very poor,and some of them think will struggle to get anything near 400 when they play Gloucester tomorrow.

So even though the attendance was disappointing yesterday, I'd rather have poor gates against York/Kettering than against Gloucester!!!
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »

Just read their forum and it was 1,296. But seems they were very poor,and some of them think will struggle to get anything near 400 when they play Gloucester tomorrow.

So even though the attendance was disappointing yesterday, I'd rather have poor gates against York/Kettering than against Gloucester!!!

1236 x £0.00 = no gate money Vs 450 x £9 = £4050............maybe  they sold a few more pies, pints and programmes, but they will have lost money. Of course their real aim was to advertise the football experience on offer at the Butchers and hope that this created some returning supporters.....only time will tell if this has worked, but the next home game is a good indicator
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

York Alty

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 10:32:45 PM »

Have to applaud them for trying something different.

I suspect the long term benefits will be low to zero however.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 09:56:41 AM »

200-odd there last night
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

fuertes

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 10:00:15 AM »

On the couple of occasions I went to the Butchers this season they played some good stuff. The lad Tony Gray up front is BSP standard without question.

It's a shame that when teams do these offers, the players often underperform. Same with Mansfield when they packed the ground out only to serve up a sh*te performance.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 11:36:15 AM »

We should have made it free entry tonight,and given away £5 entry tickets tonight to those who came through the turnstyles to get in on saturday,one to snare them in and one for continuity,both games will attract moderate attendances,have advertised it well & hope they some of the see enough to attend some of our remaining fixtures.Weve got use the 5000 spaces more often.We should pick a fixture & go with the line that the club want to break their conf record attendance & need the town to come along & help

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 11:37:29 AM »

Weve never had more than 3300 in this ground since it was upgraded to a 6k capacity...
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Just out of interest...