PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for tonight
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Team for tonight  (Read 7459 times)

fuertes

Re: Team for tonight
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 12:36:36 AM »

Delighted to be out. Crap competition.

Jimmy

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2012, 12:47:43 AM »

I don't like to comment on games I don't go however you maybe right no bad thing that were out however what people who did go are concerned about is the performance of some of the fringe players

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2012, 07:59:09 AM »

What was Moult booked for? I think I'd lost interest by then.

taxi Phil

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2012, 08:30:16 AM »

What was Moult booked for? I think I'd lost interest by then.
Entering the field of play without permission. Just joined in at the start of the second half without the necessary formalities, had to go off and come back on again.

taxi Phil

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2012, 08:33:57 AM »

I was however very impressed with Shaun Densmore tonight. He waas all over the place trying to cover for colleagues and gave 100% all game but, more importantly, he was trying, all night, to encourage the youngsters and fringe players. It would have been easy, given his upcoming suspension, for him to have coasted through tonight yet he did nothing of the sort and nor did he get on any of the youngster's cases when what they tried didn't come off for them

The man he was supposed to mark scored a hat trick, and also drew a top class save from Adam Reid (who could.'t be blamed for what went on) so he must shoulder his share of blame.

Sorry, Phil, but I simply cannot agree with you there.

Whilst his levels of encouragement might have been up to scratch his own peformance wasn't, as some Alty stalwarts remarked in the bar after the game.

Congleton Town seemed to enjoy plenty of success down our right flank all evening.

His standards have fallen, in my view.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2012, 02:51:08 PM »

Indeed, I doubt that many will mourn our exit from the Cheshire Senior Cup.

However, all we were really asking for last evening was some demonstration by such 'fringe' players as Lacey; Brooke and Mitchley that they are capable of making a telling contribution to our first team, should they be required.

Alas, they all failed the audition.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

fuertes

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2012, 03:12:23 PM »

Indeed, I doubt that many will mourn our exit from the Cheshire Senior Cup.

However, all we were really asking for last evening was some demonstration by such 'fringe' players as Lacey; Brooke and Mitchley that they are capable of making a telling contribution to our first team, should they be required.

Alas, they all failed the audition.

Perhaps we should view that as a positive? This was their big chance to show us something. They failed. So at least now we know they're not good enough and can set about replacing them should the right players become available. I dunno - just a thought.

I take your point about hoping the reserves show something. But we could have played poorly while labouring to a 2-1 win and setting up another meaningless sh*t tie against a team of which I've never heard. Personally, the two things I wanted most from last night were no serious injuries and to be out of the competition. Both boxes are ticked. So I'm happy.

York Alty

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2012, 07:48:11 PM »

seconded.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2012, 10:17:13 PM »

Annoyed, one less game for me on my visit back.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for tonight