PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fanatic Zone
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Fanatic Zone  (Read 15840 times)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fanatic Zone
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2022, 07:12:25 PM »

the sad truth is the fan zone has been an unmitigated disaster from it's inception

From what was shared as the vision quickly became a nightmare

From the closure of the ground and lost revenue. The ongoing barriers around the ground from that issue . The inflating costs associated to the fan zone works. The way libero were cast aside. Then the subsequent works delivered in the area to give an intial capacity of
Agreed. It’s an unmitigated amateurish shambles. But don’t forget the current board are more interested in revenue streams than piss streams. Installing toilets yields no revenue. The Fanzone is yet another way of emptying football supporters’ pockets, the goal of our board. Surely if you want a good beer in a hospitable environment then go to a pub/ bar, don’t expect a football club to meet your needs - but this board will try and meet them on the cheap and to the detriment of supporters who are actually interested in football.

I will just say I’m glad the board are in charge and not you.

Full time usually needs more and better income streams. Maybe you prefer Hucknall Town and 458 but I don’t.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2022, 08:14:44 PM »

the sad truth is the fan zone has been an unmitigated disaster from it's inception

From what was shared as the vision quickly became a nightmare

From the closure of the ground and lost revenue. The ongoing barriers around the ground from that issue . The inflating costs associated to the fan zone works. The way libero were cast aside. Then the subsequent works delivered in the area to give an intial capacity of
Agreed. It’s an unmitigated amateurish shambles. But don’t forget the current board are more interested in revenue streams than piss streams. Installing toilets yields no revenue. The Fanzone is yet another way of emptying football supporters’ pockets, the goal of our board. Surely if you want a good beer in a hospitable environment then go to a pub/ bar, don’t expect a football club to meet your needs - but this board will try and meet them on the cheap and to the detriment of supporters who are actually interested in football.

Further to the other responses to this on here, I'm curious as to how you expect a football club to fund itself to play at a decent level without "emptying supporters pockets" or "revenue streams"?

If you are so adverse to this method, where should our income actually come from? Please do tell.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2022, 01:48:27 PM »

With regard to the fan zone, beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.

I actually quite like it - as long as it does its job and I can get a decent beer, quickly and at a good price - I don't really care what it looks like.

Drop it into the middle of the Northern Quarter, for example - and you'd have bearded types telling their mates 'I know this cool little beer garden hidden between a skip and a row of portaloos'...

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2022, 02:20:44 PM »

With regard to the fan zone, beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.

I actually quite like it - as long as it does its job and I can get a decent beer, quickly and at a good price - I don't really care what it looks like.

Drop it into the middle of the Northern Quarter, for example - and you'd have bearded types telling their mates 'I know this cool little beer garden hidden between a skip and a row of portaloos'...

That is nonsense. Huge difference between a pop up in NQ and a permenant addition to a professional football club.
It's all my fault.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2022, 07:51:08 PM »

Dulwich Hamlet have done this sort of thing quite well haven't they? Is there anything we could learn from them?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fanatic Zone