PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fanatic Zone
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Fanatic Zone  (Read 15832 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fanatic Zone
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2022, 06:05:01 PM »

Going to say the completely obvious : need good service and decent atmosphere and drinks - at reasonable (not Alty Market) prices.

The CSH ticks two of four boxes for me. I still go because Alty are my club. Libero tick three boxes, but also fail to get a full house. Would be great if it can be achieved.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 07:03:01 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2022, 08:30:02 PM »

What has happened to our Wainwrights too, no longer available on handpumps and the electric pump one is nowhere near as good in the CSH.

The Wainwright was giving me reflux at the end of last season, so I switched to the 61 Deep. Still not a hand pump obviously, but a decent enough beer.
agreed about 61 deep. Is it just me or is £4.10 a pint (which 61 deep is) a big steep for a north west non league supporters bar or am I living in the past?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2022, 08:43:45 PM »

Yes, and No in that order mate! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2022, 08:50:29 PM »

Why the old (very) former snack bar is still standing on the pop side god only knows , it's another eyesore and should have gone donkeys yonks ago ( and made a bit of room for a few more fans ! ) .

It is now used as the stewards hut where they sign in and equipment issued
[/quote]

I preferred it when I could get a Bovril, and one of Bailey & Rogerson's excellent meat and potato pies. Then watch Jackie Swindells destroy another defence.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2022, 09:06:20 PM »

I’ve just read on the main site that the the fan zone is going to be now run by Alty FC has that been the norm throughout or was Libero going to run it?

Libero kicked out

Jack. Who are Libero and what do they do?

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2022, 09:18:49 PM »

I’ve just read on the main site that the the fan zone is going to be now run by Alty FC has that been the norm throughout or was Libero going to run it?

Libero kicked out

Libero are the craft beer bar in Altrincham Town centre, who have ran the original fan bar in the corner and then worked on the fan zone concept.

They've been asked to leave the fan zone project and Armstrong are now building it with the beer being done by the club rather than staffed and run by a local bar
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2022, 09:24:15 PM »

Libero kicked out

Libero are the craft beer bar in Altrincham Town centre, who have ran the original fan bar in the corner and then worked on the fan zone concept.

They've been asked to leave the fan zone project and Armstrong are now building it with the beer being done by the club rather than staffed and run by a local bar

Thanks for that update Jack. Let’s hope one way or another the fan zone opens sooner rather than later, especially as from what I read, lots of fans have put money in to support it.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2022, 09:36:27 PM »

Libero kicked out

It’s a small craft beer bar in Kings Court in Altrincham town centre, run by a local lad Paul (was in my year at Alty Grammar) and it’s been there since 2018. It’s his bar who have supplied the beer for the previous more basic iterations of a fan zone in that corner of the ground (remember the beer garden tables and little pop up bar) and also sold beers in the CSH at selected home games last season-Aldershot & Wealdstone near the end of the season spring to mind. He also regularly uses Libero’s social media channels to promote the football club and offers a discount to Alty fans on home match days-one of the very few businesses in the town centre that goes out of their way to promote the football club IME.

Anyway, it was previously communicated and understood when the fan zone (eventually) opened that Libero would be supplying the beer. Clearly that is no longer the case and on a human level it’s a poor do for a bloke who has worked with the club a lot in the last few years and done a lot for us in bringing new fans in with his beer offering. The second point and I say this as a card carrying CAMRA member and someone who is into his beer, that IMO the beer offering in the CSH is terrible and has been for a long time. Paul brought stuff that I routinely drink from the new wave breweries in Manchester-Cloudwater, Pomona Island, Track etc-into the ground for the first time and it was heaven to actually drink high quality craft beers at Moss Lane.

I realise a lot of folk who post on here will be more than happy with the CSH offerings and of course that’s fine. Just a shame that the beer a lot of us now like drinking when out is unlikely to be part of the new offering in the fan zone as I assume Thwaites have got us over a barrel & the board are looking at the margins in the new FT era but if the beer offering is similar to the CSH then I think it wlll be an own goal for the club in the longer term.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2022, 09:40:09 PM »

Thwaite surely can't be with us much longer. The CSH is about 5 or 6 years old isn't it?
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2022, 09:56:39 PM »

I’m surprised that the CSH is tied to a brewery I’m assuming that the CSH is owned by the club here.

Thanks for the update. From what you and Jack have said it does seem like the Libero bloke has been shafted somewhat.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2022, 07:27:33 AM »

I’m surprised that the CSH is tied to a brewery I’m assuming that the CSH is owned by the club here.

Thanks for the update. From what you and Jack have said it does seem like the Libero bloke has been shafted somewhat.

I very much doubt that Thwaites have any ownership of the CSH. It'll be more likely a supply contract with them, or they lent us money, and so we have to use them to a certain degree of exclusivity.

Devil in the detail I guess. To be fair, Thwaites might have given us a very good deal that we couldn't turn down and others had to pay the price.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 07:50:23 AM by Bob »

andrewflynn

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2022, 08:44:57 AM »

People are rightly unhappy with this. The real disappointment for me is that the initial fundraising material and communication included local, independent, high-quality vendors as the centerpiece of the fan zone, of which Libero was prominently advertised: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/altrincham-fc-fan-zone/

While I'm sure it does make pure economical sense for the club to DIY, that's not what the fans bought into.

The development of a new Fan Zone at the J Davidson stadium is a collaborative project between Altrincham Football Club, Define Architects and Libero.

Altrincham FC is known for pushing boundaries and innovative thinking, and the vision for Moss Lane 2030 is an exciting glimpse into the ambitious future of the club. Phase one of the Fan Zone will begin this summer as a way to give something back to the loyal supporters and wider community.

Altrincham is a thriving, dynamic town with excellent local businesses and a strong community spirit. Providing an inviting space within the stadium for hospitality and retail vendors both on match days and beyond will vastly enhance the experience for the fans, and provide opportunities for the club itself.

All supporters of this project will be kept up to date with progress, and will be invited to get involved in future phases of the development.

The new Fan Zone will create an inviting space for match days and function hire, and will include a covered canopy area and three custom built pods to provide units for:

Libero pitch side craft beer bar.
Seasonal food vendor.

New home for the existing programme shop.

I do appreciate that COVID, the pitch being knackered, the Council etc have all likely pulled the club's resource away from the project but I always saw Libero as a bit of a glowing ember throughout that period, working as hard as they could to try and get some form of the project off the ground. They were certainly the most public-facing party involved - unfortunately, the club's communication on this has been poor throughout, noted in bold above is a commitment to keeping us up to date and involving us in 'future phases of the development.' And have we heard from Define Architects at all since the grand presentation at the Meet The Board event, a few years back now?

All the while, we've managed to launch a newly refurbished sponsors lounge and rip out the old Noel White Suite for the Vice Presidents, and clubs like Colne have started and completed projects of their own in shorter periods of time.

Ultimately, I'm just disappointed that the club appear to have shafted a business that flies the flag for us so well. I do hope the bridge hasn't been burned entirely.

As for the the fan zone, in whatever form it does finally take, it was created to drive footfall to the ground earlier, and generate more revenue from food and drink. I do not think it will achieve that aim if it is 'standard' bottled and canned options akin to the CSH. The fans who were interested in this project will likely to continue to drink in the town centre pre-game, probably at the bar that we could have had at the ground...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 10:33:04 AM by Andrew Flynn »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2022, 09:45:32 AM »

People are rightly unhappy with this. The real disappointment for me is that the initial fundraising material and communication included local, independent, high-quality vendors as the centerpiece of the fan zone, of which Libero was prominently advertised: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/altrincham-fc-fan-zone/

While I'm sure it does make pure economical sense for the club to DIY, that's not what the fans bought into.

The development of a new Fan Zone at the J Davidson stadium is a collaborative project between Altrincham Football Club, Define Architects and Libero.

Altrincham FC is known for pushing boundaries and innovative thinking, and the vision for Moss Lane 2030 is an exciting glimpse into the ambitious future of the club. Phase one of the Fan Zone will begin this summer as a way to give something back to the loyal supporters and wider community.

Altrincham is a thriving, dynamic town with excellent local businesses and a strong community spirit. Providing an inviting space within the stadium for hospitality and retail vendors both on match days and beyond will vastly enhance the experience for the fans, and provide opportunities for the club itself.

All supporters of this project will be kept up to date with progress, and will be invited to get involved in future phases of the development.

The new Fan Zone will create an inviting space for match days and function hire, and will include a covered canopy area and three custom built pods to provide units for:

Libero pitch side craft beer bar.
Seasonal food vendor.

New home for the existing programme shop.

I do appreciate that COVID, the pitch being knackered, the Council etc have all likely pulled the club's resource away from the project but I always saw Libero as a bit of a glowing ember throughout that period, working as hard as they could to try and get some form of the project off the ground. They were certainly the most public-facing party involved - unfortunately, the club's communication on this has been poor throughout, noted in bold above is a commitment to keeping us up to date and involving us in 'future phases of the development.' And have we heard from Define Architects at all since the grand presentation at the Meet The Board event, a few years back now?

All the while, we've managed to launch a newly refurbished sponsors lounge and rip out the old Noel White Suite for the Vice Presidents, and clubs like Colne have started and completed projects of their own in shorter periods of time.

Ultimately, I'm just disappointed that the club appear to have shafted a business that flies the flag for us so well. I do hope the bridge hasn't been burned entirely.

As for the the fan zone, in whatever form it does finally take, it was created to drive footfall to the ground earlier, and generate more revenue from food and drink. I do not think it will achieve that aim if it is 'standard' botted and canned options akin to the CSH. The fans who were interested in this project will likely to continue to drink in the town centre pre-game, probably at the bar that we could have had at the ground...
Andrew, your comments and sentiment is spot on here, I do hope Libero can be part of the zone, I do not see why AFC can't have a bar also. The more people we keep happy plus new foot fall the better as the club strive increase revenue to help fund the FT football etc. I invested in the zone, and want it to be a success. The area needs to be appealing, so hope the makeover accomplishes this.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2022, 10:16:36 AM »

Is there any way of getting our money back as what we initially invested in isn't going to happen?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2022, 10:22:00 AM »

Is there any way of getting our money back as what we initially invested in isn't going to happen?
Work has restarted on the zone, there was a partly completed wooden fence erected between the ground and the zone visible on Saturday. Not sure what else has been completed. I imagine getting running fresh water, power etc is a task as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fanatic Zone