PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who is this clown?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Who is this clown?  (Read 14450 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Who is this clown?
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2012, 06:41:47 AM »

It's a football match, not a tea dance, you make huge mistakes and your going to get pelters from a paying public.If she'd kept up with play she would have been ok, but it's a case of being able to read the game.And everyone is entitled to an opinion, and mine is that ladies should officiate ladies football, and men officiate men's football. I'm not interested in the politics of it, this I a sport not a council office,football isnt run like any other business.Its just a good job we didn't need a point to get a playoff place.Anf for what it's worth a thought the ref was dreadful yesterday as well, is he also beyond reproach or can it be pointed out they he too was useless?

do you not feel a bit silly now?

it was onside!

The camera angle is behind the play, just like the official running the line was. Why would I feel silly, my above opinion hasn't changed,

Butty

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2012, 10:42:03 AM »

It's a football match, not a tea dance, you make huge mistakes and your going to get pelters from a paying public.If she'd kept up with play she would have been ok, but it's a case of being able to read the game.And everyone is entitled to an opinion, and mine is that ladies should officiate ladies football, and men officiate men's football. I'm not interested in the politics of it, this I a sport not a council office,football isnt run like any other business.Its just a good job we didn't need a point to get a playoff place.Anf for what it's worth a thought the ref was dreadful yesterday as well, is he also beyond reproach or can it be pointed out they he too was useless?

do you not feel a bit silly now?

it was onside!

The camera angle is behind the play, just like the official running the line was. Why would I feel silly, my above opinion hasn't changed,
If you're so good at making these calls, become a referee yourself.

fuertes

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2012, 11:05:37 AM »

Isn't the point that the abuse aimed at her (and now nobody is even sure if she was wrong) was discriminatory in nature?

If a Black linesman made a bad error I'd be perfectly happy to shout at him to tell him how sh*t he is at being a linesman. I wouldn't tell him to f**k off back to Africa or anything similarly embarrasing. Surely it should be the same for a female assistant? The fact she has a pair of tits doesn't automatically give anyone the right to hurl sexist abuse at her.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2012, 12:41:50 PM »

Yes because somebody saying to someone " I bet your house is filthy" and numerous other seaside postcard style remarks that raised numerous laughs and smiles off the assistant ref in question are definately as bad as racially abusing somebody with vile and Hurtful insults.Do me a favour.This is a typical case of somebody being offended on someone elses behalf.And how it's been afforded two threads on here is beyond me.Maybe we should all sit down next season? Seeing atmosphere has already been stamped out, maybe terrace banter should be the next to go.

fuertes

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2012, 12:53:21 PM »

Yes because somebody saying to someone " I bet your house is filthy" and numerous other seaside postcard style remarks that raised numerous laughs and smiles off the assistant ref in question are definately as bad as racially abusing somebody with vile and Hurtful insults.Do me a favour.This is a typical case of somebody being offended on someone elses behalf.And how it's been afforded two threads on here is beyond me.Maybe we should all sit down next season? Seeing atmosphere has already been stamped out, maybe terrace banter should be the next to go.

I never said it was as bad. Stealing isn't as bad as child abuse. But stealing is still wrong.

From what I've heard the comments aimed toward her were considerably more offensive than the ones you've repeated here.

As for terrace banter, I specifically remember saying the football should be a place to let off steam after there were complaints about language after the Cambridge game last season, only for you to come on and tell us all to moderate our behaviour.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2012, 01:04:55 PM »

Did I? I agree people should be reserved in family areas, but this is something out of nothing.God forbid we had a following like sheff united, I wonder if its worth bothering anymore, might as well got to the Ice hockey, at least your being happy clappy with your big foam indoors at the hockey, and get use of the whole stadium

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2012, 02:51:48 PM »

Pete

I heard one comment but couldn't identify who had made it and I will guarantee that if someone had said that to your wife, girlfriend, daughter or even work colleague you would have ripped their throat out. It would have made Chubby Brown blush.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2012, 03:18:24 PM »

Fair do's, but for balance, I've heard many many offensive comments made to male linesmen over the years from all sides of the ground, and made a few myself.And theres never been two threads on the subject on this forum.Treating the case of Saturdays assistant any differently, could be tantamount to positive discrimination in some people's view.

Butty

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2012, 04:52:37 PM »

Fair do's, but for balance, I've heard many many offensive comments made to male linesmen over the years from all sides of the ground, and made a few myself.And theres never been two threads on the subject on this forum.Treating the case of Saturdays assistant any differently, could be tantamount to positive discrimination in some people's view.

As I said, if you can do a better job than the man/women/black/white/asain/straight/gay official, give it a go.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2012, 05:10:27 PM »

The comment I heard on saturday could never ever apply to a male official

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2012, 05:31:06 PM »

Nope, it doesn't interest me, but I do expect to see people fit for purpose in senior football, the ref was abysmal on Saturday, and his assistant on the popular side was never up with play. Yours Is a nonsense argument.And your merging to subjects. Just because a ref failed to see Stuart Coburn palm a ball around the post when he was stood ten yards away doesn't mean I'm going to start a ref's course. It's like you saying David Cameron is an idiot and me saying, you should be running for PM...

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2012, 05:34:32 PM »

The above post is in respect to buttys post, I hadn't realised someone had Replied in between

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2012, 05:48:59 PM »

Nope, it doesn't interest me, but I do expect to see people fit for purpose in senior football, the ref was abysmal on Saturday, and his assistant on the popular side was never up with play. Yours Is a nonsense argument.And your merging to subjects. Just because a ref failed to see Stuart Coburn palm a ball around the post when he was stood ten yards away doesn't mean I'm going to start a ref's course. It's like you saying David Cameron is an idiot and me saying, you should be running for PM...

As a matter of interest Pete I think David Cameron is an idiot and Butty couldn't do any worse

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2012, 06:18:08 PM »

There isn't a political party in this country worth voting for, one bankrupted the country again like they did last time they were in,performing so badly that it left them unelectable for 2 decades, and the other 2 haven't a clue how to turn it around.But that's for a different forum.

Hamilton

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2012, 07:21:01 PM »

On that point, if any of you live in Irvine East vote for Jennifer's Mum, aka Ruby Kirkwood and if any of you live in Ardrossan and Arran please vote for Hamilton, aka Jennifer's Dad, aka Nick Smith.

When we run the country it will be law for Alty to win!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who is this clown?