PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who is this clown?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Who is this clown?  (Read 14447 times)

markecky

Who is this clown?
« on: April 27, 2012, 09:51:34 PM »

What planet is he on?  Granted we've not set the world on fire and they will probably win tomorrow if we have loads of injuries but he isn't commenting on Eastwood Town here.

It's a good job we don't need anything from tomorrow or he would have just done the team talk for us!

What a gobsh*te....love to see him go on his arse after this now...I'll be looking out for his number tomorrow, he could provide minutes of entertainment!

"AVERAGE, AT BEST, ALTRINCHAM SHOULD PROVE NO CHALLENGE"

According to This is Lincs, "A bullish Leon Mettam believes Gainsborough Trinity have no one to fear as they look to book their place in the Blue Square Bet North play-offs... This weekend they travel to Altrincham and Mettam is confident the Blues can do the business, in fact he believes they should have been champions.

'Everyone has got a role to play. We've got a big squad and such a variety of players to pick from that we should be up there. We should, in fact, have won the league', said Mettam, who has scored 11 goals this season. 'The amount of games where we have let our lead slip, or conceded soft goals, has let us down. But the quality of our squad is top notch and I don't believe there is anyone out there who has as good a squad as we have in this league. The play-offs will be a lottery, but I fancy us to beat anyone in the play-offs on our day. Halifax are a good team and so are Guiseley. But I'd fancy us to go to those sides and, over two legs, beat them'.

Mettam is confident Altrincham should prove no challenge to them. The Blues managed a 2-0 win over the Robins at the Northolme earlier in the season. A draw and the solitary point would be enough to secure the Blues a place in the play-offs, but Mettam believes a positive mindset is needed.

'Altrincham won 6-1 against Eastwood on Saturday. They will go in to the match this Saturday flying', said the former Lincoln City youth team player. 'If we go there thinking we just need a point we'll get beaten, it is not a positive way to look at it. We've got to go there and try and win. We made Altrincham look average at best when they came here. We beat them 2-0 earlier in the season. There is no reason why we can't go there and make them look very average again. They will be fearing us, we won't be fearing them. We made them look silly when they played us last year. We'll go there and do that to them again'.

taxi Phil

Re: Who is this clown?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 09:55:49 PM »

Wow ! ELEVEN goals ! What an achievement that is to be sure.

Win the League ? With THAT away record ? He must be one of Jim Rushe's drinking partners, or else he's out temporarily as part of "Care in the Community"  :D

markecky

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 10:00:10 PM »

Look at his nasty head!!

fuertes

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 10:02:22 PM »

They will be fearing us, we won't be fearing them. We made them look silly when they played us last year. We'll go there and do that to them again.

:D

Yes, we're in fear. We fear we might finish 8th if we lose. When if we win we could finish, errr, 8th.

Classless comments from a tin-pot club. Next.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 10:05:01 PM »

When did we play them last year? Hopefully ex-gk can print it off and have passed around the dressing room.I can take being patted on the head by Luton and York, but who's is this man? I've never heard of him, one week they are saying they aren't big time Charlie's and the next coming out with nonsense like this, most this 28 man super squad wouldn't be anywhere near Gainsborough if it wasnt for the £16,500 a week wage budget, and he's right, at that cost they should have walked this sh*t league

62vintage

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 10:07:07 PM »

Look at his nasty head!!

Looks to me like he will be able to play a mean tune on the banjo

Hamilton

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 10:07:41 PM »

Is it Krusty?

markecky

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 10:08:50 PM »

Look at his evil eyes, it must be like spending your whole life peeping through a venetian blind...

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 10:16:27 PM »

I always wondered what DI Burnside out of the bill looked like when he was young, does this nobody realise he's in for the "nicky wood treatment" tomorrow now?

VofD

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 10:53:05 PM »

Look at his nasty head!!

Looks to me like he will be able to play a mean tune on the banjo
::)
Look at his nasty spot on his chin. ??? ??? ???

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 11:05:07 PM »

His name anagrams as TO ME, MENTAL

Very apt.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 11:52:28 PM »

"said the former Lincoln City youth team player"

**quake**

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 09:07:46 AM »

What an absolute helmet that guy is! Hope we shoot him down today.

If one of our players ever came out with a load of drivel like that it would be followed by a nailed on 5-0 defeat!!
Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 09:26:45 AM »

Sounds like Gainsborough are letting their village idiot have a day out of town today.

Nob.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2012, 09:50:02 AM »

Even robbie Williams got a first team gig for Lincoln city..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who is this clown?