PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done Lee and the lads
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Well done Lee and the lads  (Read 11059 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 29, 2014, 04:59:20 PM »

I am very critical of Lee at times so thought I'd say well done on recent performances and post match comments.  Seems like I missed another good game today. Well done boys!

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Well done Lee and the lads
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 05:26:16 PM »

Indeed and just about every other result went our way as well. 28 points at half way - I think we'd all have taken that back in August.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 05:36:59 PM »

Sinnout
ParkINson's red and white army

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 05:42:17 PM »

Great result, come on Alty!  :)
Come on Alty!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 05:55:40 PM »

Detailed analysis later as I'm in Costellos but that was an absolutely superb display. Kiddy were no mugs, physical but could play too so to come back against them with two very well worked and taken goals was brilliant. Credit where credit is due since the Blyth debacle the lads have stepped up.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 06:03:51 PM »

A good, ballsy display I thought, well done all.

If the club had another left back, I'd have Griffin up front every week. I know he doesn't run at defenders, but he has the sweetest flighted cross you could you wish for.

To add, I agree with the OP that Lee is at last actually saying something in the post-match interviews, which is refreshing.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 06:10:49 PM by eightiesrobin »

Hamilton

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 07:03:45 PM »

Very impressed the team cam,e back from 1 down and did, in fairness, seem to be worth the win. Better character today than some games we could mention, so well done Lee and the lads for showing what we can do.

brian1925

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 07:08:08 PM »

I thought we'd lose today, but hey ho, bring on anyone in the top half!!! Couldn't go unfortunately, but having spoken to those who did, it sounds like to a man we were superb today. FGR and Woking away...no probs!!! Well done to Lee and all the lads.

Jimmy

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 07:18:59 PM »

Best iv seen us this season quality performance allrouund

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 07:34:30 PM »

Three well deserved points against a very good team , to me Griff is looking a class act now he has found his feet , some really good crosses again , also some praise for Masher , good substitutions today , keep it up and we will stay up .

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 07:53:59 PM »

Have to say, one thing I did notice was the team played well throughout the game, not just parts of the halves. they have now adapted to this league and are playing some fine football now. Good moves through out, and a peach of a cross from Griff for Damien's goal, scored directly in front of where I was stood. The technique and adjustment to his body was perfect, and the keeper had no chance of saving that. It was in as soon as it left his head. Not only that, but this win came without Scott Leather and Nicky Clee. Others are now stepping up to the plate, such as Marshall and also Crowther. And as for James Lawrie, is he being fed three Shredded Wheat. He played like a man possessed. Kidderminster though a very good side, were matched all the way through the game and were not quite the threat I expected. We defended well also and had good balance and many ideas, all of which led to the goals.

Everybody played well today, and full credit to Lee and Neil as well. What he said at the beginning was how far can we go? not to just survive. That's a good question now, one which I have always believed and perhaps the doubters will now. Even Uday will find it difficult to criticize that today. Proved them wrong again lads and management, just takes time to adapt now.

Enjoyable afternoon that, and as Lee said, how far can we go!! We will possibly enjoy finding out now. Hope we have a home match in the FA trophy, because if not, we are not at home until 28Dec.

GB Alty

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2014, 08:16:05 PM »

Excellent performance and result today. It just shows what the team can be capable of

If we can play like this an a consistent basis going forward, we will be nearer the play offs than relegation - and that what so frustrating about some of the poor performances we have seen to date

Need to keep this up

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 08:22:31 PM »

Best iv seen us this season quality performance allrouund

Same thoughts from me Jimmy, the best I've seen us this season.

Also that's 3 games on the bounce when we've fallen behind and finished getting something out of it.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2014, 08:24:31 PM »

And as for James Lawrie, is he being fed three Shredded Wheat. He played like a man possessed.

Only he know's what he was doing in the build up to their goal. So much time and space to pick his pass. But he didn't get down about it and took his goal well.

Our best performance of the season, only thing you could say is we could have created more clear cut chances. But we worked hard, found space and both goals well crafted and finished.

Special mention to Cav, who is now looking like the player we signed. Some of his passing was brilliant, spraying it across the pitch.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

eightiesrobin

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2014, 08:30:49 PM »

And as for James Lawrie, is he being fed three Shredded Wheat. He played like a man possessed.

Only he know's what he was doing in the build up to their goal. So much time and space to pick his pass. But he didn't get down about it and took his goal well.

Our best performance of the season, only thing you could say is we could have created more clear cut chances. But we worked hard, found space and both goals well crafted and finished.

Special mention to Cav, who is now looking like the player we signed. Some of his passing was brilliant, spraying it across the pitch.

Lawrie commits some howlers which have a habit of being the prelude to an opposition goal. Still, he's a player I'd always want in the starting XI.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team