PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 poor performance
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: poor performance  (Read 4003 times)

dino

poor performance
« on: October 27, 2007, 07:52:13 PM »

84.5 miles to watch a very substandard performance.we were extremely lucky to win that game at the first attempt,and once again some of the players were off the pace.that game meant more to the fans....we know the 10k is a must for team rebuilding,and undoubtedly the draw is great for us.i have to say though,that supporters are sticking their heads in the sand if they think that performance is acceptable,we could have lost that game today.Logan should have started,he was too good for them when he came on.

i was stood behind the dugouts and heathcote and ashcroft should be ashamed of themselves, their behavior and disgusting language directed at each othercannot be accepted.their were young children there.......after supporting the club for 40 years,i personally wouldnt want my 2 young children listening to that vitriol!

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: poor performance
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 08:04:41 PM »

Worst performance i have seen in years! 

lukealty12

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 08:32:27 PM »

Come on lets be positive, worst performance may be but at the end of the day weve got a great draw now to look forward to.

COME ON ALTY!

baldrick

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 08:35:44 PM »

I was a bit surprised to read in the programme that the Altrincham goalkeeper was Sean Clancy.

bighairedmike

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 08:47:57 PM »

we were the ones in the wrong. playing him out of position at left back i ask you...

decman7

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 08:49:09 PM »

dnt forget wayne payton as well  ;)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 08:59:52 PM »

84.5 miles to watch a very substandard performance.we were extremely lucky to win that game at the first attempt,and once again some of the players were off the pace.that game meant more to the fans....we know the 10k is a must for team rebuilding,and undoubtedly the draw is great for us.i have to say though,that supporters are sticking their heads in the sand if they think that performance is acceptable,we could have lost that game today.Logan should have started,he was too good for them when he came on.

i was stood behind the dugouts and heathcote and ashcroft should be ashamed of themselves, their behavior and disgusting language directed at each othercannot be accepted.their were young children there.......after supporting the club for 40 years,i personally wouldnt want my 2 young children listening to that vitriol!

Or just maybe we had an extremely tricky cup tie where we dug in and showed the passion and organisation we've slated the team for not showing. FFS ::)

Wasn't a great performance no, but would you rather have played well and lost.

In 3 words

Job

Done

....Just

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 09:01:54 PM »

True job done , we can cause an upset at home!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 11:19:18 PM »

You're lucky you only travelled 84.5 miles! At one point I said to some Kendal fans near me that Coburn would boot the ball up to our centre forwards who would be beaten in the air and the ball would end up in our own half. They had a good wee chuckle when I was right - it was that sort of game.

Going forward we lacked any imagination. Colin tried innumerable flicks that didn't come off, Chris ran for everything, it was hardly worth having wide men and we were hardly able to keep the ball, but the defence was quite solid with Scotty standing out as our best player and Whalley the only one with cosistent intelligent passes in midfield. The best that can be said is that it was a hard working performance.

As for the scenes at the end: I did not know what started it, but I was embarrassed.  (and if the reports are true, the words of Ashcroft were a disgrace. I appreciate Kendal played the more constuctive & intelligent football, but you still have to be at least a half decent loser. You cannot go round saying that you hope a fellow manager gets the sack.).

As ever the people of Kendal were as hospitable and friendly as you could wish, their team played very commendibly, but, it appears, their manager was a turd.

markecky

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 12:53:41 AM »

10k for team building?

Pretty sure the lads will have been on a win bonus today that will have taken care of a  lot of that.

Were you expecting a classic?

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 12:56:51 AM »

yep it was a poor performance. but really it wasnt going to be a classic game of footy. the game hasnt rewarded us with 10K, but with a lot more. Millwall at home should see us bank over 100K (surely its going to be on TV?) and possibly save our season.
The guys werent great, but managed to:
          1. score
          2. not concede
         3. win
          4 play MILLWALL at home.

Alty365

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 12:59:30 AM »

To be honest cup games are about results not performances. Just ask Chelsea who won the first FA Cup Final at the new Wembley.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 08:13:30 AM »

To be honest cup games are about results not performances. Just ask Chelsea who won the first FA Cup Final at the new Wembley.

Very good point - lets look forward to FA Cup glory.

chelsea

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 01:57:17 PM »

Ermmm....Chelsea ?? :D

louise1925

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 05:48:21 PM »

When I saw the length of the grass and the conditions I knew one goal would settle it, we're just a bit fortunate that it fell to us. I wish Kendal well, even though like someone said earlier, their manager is a turd.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 poor performance