News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Two main ways of staying up

Author Topic: Two main ways of staying up  (Read 2322 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 30, 2008, 02:36:17 PM »

Two main ways of staying up for me this season is obviously keeping everyone fit but the main one is I believe we will score a lot more goals. I piped on last season that its goals that get us the points and we were poor last season. I think our wide men created no more than a hand full of goals all season and that was the main reason we were in the bottom four.

My only concern is that Graham will still hold back on playing two attacking wide men. I hope this isn't the case because it will be so annoying seeing the likes of Elam, Denham, Senior sat on the bench. I really don't care what people say but Peyton ain't good enough so he should be sat on the bench right next to O'Neil. We should always start Denham on the right of midfield and have Elam or Senior on the left. I am yet to see Johnson play but at home I would like to see us start with Senior upfront and have both Elam and Denham playing. I can not wait to see us attack teams, I have been waiting for signings like these for years, lets not waste the talent by having them sat on the bench.

Also this debate about Shotton,I am with Ecky we probably haven't got the budget but if we have then theres no debate we get him but I think it will be on loan. If we did it would have to be Young and him at centre back, Shotton is a centre back not right back. I'm also with Gary Warrington when he says that Lane is one of the best right backs we've had at the club, he was harshly treated last season because he was playing really well and was dropped,Lane is a great defender, carries the ball upfield well and has a quality cross.

Elam once fully fit will be a very good signing for us and I am just so excited for this season. Hiopefully we can keep all the players fit.

I haven't seen any friendlies as I don't really like going to them,but has anyone got an opinion on Street ???? nothing much has been said but its important to have a solid centre mid as well!!!!

Jenga

Re: Two main ways of staying up
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 02:39:12 PM »

I didnt read all of the above but I think the best option is to score more points than the bottom four clubs - sorry being sarcastic whilst on the phone on hold listening to so crappy music.

RocketDan

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 02:43:11 PM »

I didnt read all of the above but I think the best option is to score more points than the bottom four clubs - sorry being sarcastic whilst on the phone on hold listening to so crappy music.

i was just going to write the same thing as you jenga.

there really should be some kind of limit to the size of post your can write.

we are going to stay up anyway. AGM or by winning our home games.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 02:44:39 PM »

Yeah got a bit carried away. Its the excitement !!! too much time on my hands without football !!!

Bazbatteria

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 05:58:03 PM »

I haven't seen any friendlies as I don't really like going to them,but has anyone got an opinion on Street ???? nothing much has been said but its important to have a solid centre mid as well!!!!

[/quote]

My belief is Street is as solid as anything, a holy integral part of the midfield with a colourful delivery of the gospel to boot.

RocketDan

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 07:46:59 PM »

I haven't seen any friendlies as I don't really like going to them,but has anyone got an opinion on Street ????

i thought he look at bit average bit of a sedgemore/bushell character, who doesnt seem to do much and looks a bit too much like finlay from WWE.

Ballers pointed out he doesn't give the ball away alot which is a fair point, taking this into account i think our main attacks will be coming down the wings.

joe

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 07:59:03 PM »

I haven't seen any friendlies as I don't really like going to them,but has anyone got an opinion on Street ????

i thought he look at bit average bit of a sedgemore/bushell character, who doesnt seem to do much and looks a bit too much like finlay from WWE.

Ballers pointed out he doesn't give the ball away alot which is a fair point, taking this into account i think our main attacks will be coming down the wings.

Very harsh comparing Street with Sedgmore. Street has done more in a handful of pre season games than Sedgmore did in the whole of last season! I think Kevin Street looks a very useful addition to the squad.

Longman

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 09:38:15 PM »

He cracks me up everytime he has an expletive filled outburst at the ref considering he want's to be a priest!

Jenga

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 10:12:32 PM »

Street is class and will spread the ball wide to attack down the flanks - he is a good classy player.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team