PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Player wish list
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Player wish list  (Read 13246 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Player wish list
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2013, 12:42:37 PM »

Fleetwood released list
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22441584

And apparently the only correspondence southport have had with those they are releasing is to send them their P45 through post!!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2013, 12:49:05 PM »

I heard Collister had put a few pounds on since his injury - Not always the easiest thing to get rid off ( From experience)
Dont think Youngy is the answer - Would like to see James Smith back here though.

Would also like to see a big old centre forward in the mould of Jefferson Louis who did do a number on young Scott Leather, but Hey Scott if you read this, your still a class act and I would like to see you in the team alongside Luca next season.

bighairedmike

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2013, 07:26:29 PM »

I'd take 5 of that released list. The big old CF that everyone is talking about could be Ben Mills. Craney is wort a pre-season to get himself fit and show what he can do.

People saying that anyone from Gainsborough wouldn't be good enough are delirious. They did a job on us. Yes we did a job on them but everyone has a bad game in them. And from the season it seemed like that was theirs against us.

Waterfall, Young and D'Lyrea would all be great signings that would strengthen us. Then all we'd need is a left winger and a striker and we'd be pushing with strength in depth.

JDN

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2013, 07:34:27 PM »

Not really delirious, Gainsborough came 8th

That is not good enough for us next year

bighairedmike

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2013, 07:42:31 PM »

We came 5th, 8 of our best players would be good enough to play in chesters promotion squad.

Its all about little jumps. If you took those three players out of their squad they would have finished a lot lower than 8th.

JDN

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2013, 07:43:29 PM »

Also Ben Mills not for me, I am sure he could do a job. But we stopped playing football when he was in the side

Craney if only, but a few years to late. If Telford don't fancy neither do I

JDN

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2013, 07:48:45 PM »

We came 5th, 8 of our best players would be good enough to play in chesters promotion squad.

Its all about little jumps. If you took those three players out of their squad they would have finished a lot lower than 8th.
we came 4th actually, 8 of our players in the Chester team, really?

bighairedmike

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2013, 07:53:34 PM »

we came 4th actually, 8 of our players in the Chester team, really?

Apologies. Slip of the finger. Team, no. Squad, yes. Which is what I said originally if you could read.

Ben mills added another dimension we hadn't got before he played for us. We stopped playing beautiful flowing football, but didn't stop playing any football altogether. Surely when it comes down to a SQUAD its about being able to do a job? And normally a different one to the one the first team is set out to do.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2013, 07:57:17 PM »

Dont agree about Ben Mills, the lad has ability but he's better suited to a team that puts lots of balls into the box, whereas we are much more of a pass and move side, indeed when he played we did, as someone else has said, stop playing fluidly.

JDN

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2013, 08:08:05 PM »

Dont agree about Ben Mills, the lad has ability but he's better suited to a team that puts lots of balls into the box, whereas we are much more of a pass and move side, indeed when he played we did, as someone else has said, stop playing fluidly.
Spot on

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2013, 08:09:22 PM »

An interesting one for me is Chalmers. He is still only 27, don't think the talent has been lost, but his motivation maybe. Remembering he didn't get a proper pre-season last year (wasn't he released by Macc, only to then be on trial with them 2 weeks before the start of the season?), and once you miss all of pre-season you are lagging behind and struggling. If terms would be ok on both sides, I'd definitely take punt at him and get him in early pre-season.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2013, 08:14:38 PM »

An interesting one for me is Chalmers. He is still only 27, don't think the talent has been lost, but his motivation maybe. Remembering he didn't get a proper pre-season last year (wasn't he released by Macc, only to then be on trial with them 2 weeks before the start of the season?), and once you miss all of pre-season you are lagging behind and struggling. If terms would be ok on both sides, I'd definitely take punt at him and get him in early pre-season.

lacey is a similar kind of player and he currently looks better than chalmers

bighairedmike

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2013, 08:19:15 PM »

Please refer to the post of mine above yours. We did play less on the ground football when he played for us. But that is what you want from someone on the bench. A different dimension thank the starting 11. Someone to mix it up a bit. We've "out-footballed" teams this year and lost where they have bullied us with their strikers. Someone like Ben Mills could do that for us next year. 

Jimmy

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2013, 08:28:10 PM »

This is just a random comment but whoever we bring in you would want atleast 3 to be good enough to start at maybe4

RocketDan

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2013, 08:29:48 PM »

This is just a random comment but whoever we bring in you would want atleast 3 to be good enough to start at maybe4

yes and those four need to be good enough to step upto conference national level the following season should we be promoted.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Player wish list