News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Anthony Griffith

Author Topic: Anthony Griffith  (Read 5800 times)

taxi Phil

Anthony Griffith
« on: September 19, 2016, 11:35:41 PM »

See main site.....he has been "tempted out of retirement" by Glossop North End. I hope he hasn't persuaded them to give him any sort of contract. Scumbag.

York Alty is back

Re: Anthony Griffith
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 12:09:32 AM »

Perhaps their previous sh*tbag retired.

bumble

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 07:28:27 AM »

Are we not able to persue this?

Surely you can't be forced into retirement. Then play in the fa cup for droylsden and then join Glossop?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 10:00:57 AM »

The T**t is a Chancer

andrewflynn

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 05:56:45 PM »

I'd like to see us look at what legal avenues we can explore here. There's probably nothing, of course, but what an embarrassment he is.

Bath Alty

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 07:46:58 PM »

I agree - I admire the way we look after players who have been injured in the line of duty, it's one of the reasons I am proud to be an Alty fan but we are not a soft touch and we need to stand up for ourselves when we have been conned

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 09:35:17 PM »

I agree - I admire the way we look after players who have been injured in the line of duty, it's one of the reasons I am proud to be an Alty fan but we are not a soft touch and we need to stand up for ourselves when we have been conned

Sadly I think we are a soft touch and exactly why Griffith was able to walk away with a season's wages. I know people said the PFA got involved but I can't for the life in me believe that his case would have stood any chance in any court of law.

Agree with @wearealty that we should investigate to see if we can make a claim against him and if that fails we should sue Gordon Taylor and his cronies at the PFA.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 09:40:30 PM »

Came on as sub  v Droylsden tonight

roytonmike

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 09:56:10 PM »

I suspect that if the club were to attempt any investigations of possible claims etc. it would cost money that would be better used for other purposes and achieve no positive outcome. As I understand it he was effectively 'warned off' by the PFA when he appeared for Droylsden; presumably if he is on anything other than non-contract terms with Glossop someone in the same organisation will take the matter up. Altrincham would be better served by using any available money to move forwards, in particular to enable the present manager to recruit, rather than looking backwards. Distasteful as it is to say it, Mr. Griffith is & should be treated as water under the bridge.

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 11:01:57 PM »

I suspect that if the club were to attempt any investigations of possible claims etc. it would cost money that would be better used for other purposes and achieve no positive outcome. As I understand it he was effectively 'warned off' by the PFA when he appeared for Droylsden; presumably if he is on anything other than non-contract terms with Glossop someone in the same organisation will take the matter up. Altrincham would be better served by using any available money to move forwards, in particular to enable the present manager to recruit, rather than looking backwards. Distasteful as it is to say it, Mr. Griffith is & should be treated as water under the bridge.

Totally agree Mike.....he's still a scumbag though.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 12:06:43 AM »

None of us know the full extent of the financial damage caused by this - but if it was 'full wages', why did we not expect him to turn up for (and sit out) training every week and take his place on the team bus on Sat / Tues and sit in the stands at home games - it is what Dens and Masha did is it not ?

I assume that we must have settled it somehow - but still a big drain on the budget
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 09:03:44 AM »

None of us know the full extent of the financial damage caused by this - but if it was 'full wages', why did we not expect him to turn up for (and sit out) training every week and take his place on the team bus on Sat / Tues and sit in the stands at home games - it is what Dens and Masha did is it not ?

I assume that we must have settled it somehow - but still a big drain on the budget
I hear what you are saying out the damage it could do to morale for the team could be worse . IE look at me I'm taking the piss not playing but still getting paid etc

Best to get rid

Very very annoying though
ParkINson's red and white army
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Anthony Griffith