PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Some Alty Fans at Curzon
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

Author Topic: Some Alty Fans at Curzon  (Read 46274 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Some Alty Fans at Curzon
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2017, 01:26:25 AM »

Under Matt Doughty's tenure as interim manager, his team have accumulated a total of 13 points from 20 league fixtures to date.

That equates to an average of 0.65 points per game.

So, to use the official website method, "had that haul been replicated" over the full league season of 42 matches, it would have resulted in a grand total of 27.3 points.

Or, to put it another way, relegation.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2017, 08:22:50 AM »

Unless I've missed something, the last former Alty full back to manage us was Stan Allan.

Let's hope lightning indeed does not strike twice in the same place....

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2017, 08:54:18 AM »

Thanks for replying Brian. What were John Laidlar's pressing interviews that didn't include the home team manager? Why was there no time to interview MD before the Grand National started? Why does horse racing take preference over football? Why wasn't a version of your interview posted on the club website? Any chance that you can make the original sound file available? I take it you did it personally or was it a sound and vision production. Did you offer it to the club for the website or did you decide it wasn't of interest? I can't remember the last time a mannager or backroom member or player didn't go on record after a home game  in these circumstances . Sorry but it just smacks of a campaign to promote the upside of Doughty whilst ignoring his ineptitude. John Laidlar's perverse cherry picking of statistics suggest this is a conscious plan on behalf of interested parties within the club.

It's a pleasure, Martin.

It was John Edwards, rather than John Laidlar, who had interviews to complete. They were for today's match programme (Shaun Densmore plus at least one other, I believe).

I couldn't interview Matt Doughty before the Grand National started as I was still up in the gantry area.

The Race Night took priority as I was involved in compering & my record on multi-tasking is not good.

The audio interview wasn't posted on the website because I decided that the content would be better used as a written article for 'Altrincham Today' & that posting it on the website as well would be duplication.

I will upload the audio file, which was recorded on my iPhone, to SoundCloud & send it to John Laidlar to publish on the website.

My decisions & actions surrounding this interview were taken completely independently, I didn't involve anyone else at the club.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 08:56:54 AM by Brian Flynn »

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2017, 09:10:09 AM »

Thanks for replying Brian. What were John Laidlar's pressing interviews that didn't include the home team manager? Why was there no time to interview MD before the Grand National started? Why does horse racing take preference over football? Why wasn't a version of your interview posted on the club website? Any chance that you can make the original sound file available? I take it you did it personally or was it a sound and vision production. Did you offer it to the club for the website or did you decide it wasn't of interest? I can't remember the last time a mannager or backroom member or player didn't go on record after a home game  in these circumstances . Sorry but it just smacks of a campaign to promote the upside of Doughty whilst ignoring his ineptitude. John Laidlar's perverse cherry picking of statistics suggest this is a conscious plan on behalf of interested parties within the club.

It's a pleasure, Martin.

It was John Edwards, rather than John Laidlar, who had interviews to complete. They were for today's match programme (Shaun Densmore plus at least one other, I believe).

I couldn't interview Matt Doughty before the Grand National started as I was still up in the gantry area.

The Race Night took priority as I was involved in compering & my record on multi-tasking is not good.

The audio interview wasn't posted on the website because I decided that the content would be better used as a written article for 'Altrincham Today' & that posting it on the website as well would be duplication.

I will upload the audio file, which was recorded on my iPhone, to SoundCloud & send it to John Laidlar to publish on the website.

My decisions & actions surrounding this interview were taken completely independently, I didn't involve anyone else at the club.

Brian, you're going above and beyond explaining your every action here. Many thanks.

Think we can let this one go now.

On a side note just looked at the young lads twitter feed. I see Jamie's good will and placid nature stretches across all online platforms :-))))

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2017, 09:16:50 AM »

Thanks for replying Brian. What were John Laidlar's pressing interviews that didn't include the home team manager? Why was there no time to interview MD before the Grand National started? Why does horse racing take preference over football? Why wasn't a version of your interview posted on the club website? Any chance that you can make the original sound file available? I take it you did it personally or was it a sound and vision production. Did you offer it to the club for the website or did you decide it wasn't of interest? I can't remember the last time a mannager or backroom member or player didn't go on record after a home game  in these circumstances . Sorry but it just smacks of a campaign to promote the upside of Doughty whilst ignoring his ineptitude. John Laidlar's perverse cherry picking of statistics suggest this is a conscious plan on behalf of interested parties within the club.

It's a pleasure, Martin.

Here we go, Martin:-

https://soundcloud.com/radio-robins/matt-doughty-interview-after-altrincham-1-brackley-town-3

I have also sent this to John Laidlar.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2017, 09:21:54 AM »

Thanks for replying Brian. What were John Laidlar's pressing interviews that didn't include the home team manager? Why was there no time to interview MD before the Grand National started? Why does horse racing take preference over football? Why wasn't a version of your interview posted on the club website? Any chance that you can make the original sound file available? I take it you did it personally or was it a sound and vision production. Did you offer it to the club for the website or did you decide it wasn't of interest? I can't remember the last time a mannager or backroom member or player didn't go on record after a home game  in these circumstances . Sorry but it just smacks of a campaign to promote the upside of Doughty whilst ignoring his ineptitude. John Laidlar's perverse cherry picking of statistics suggest this is a conscious plan on behalf of interested parties within the club.

It's a pleasure, Martin.

Brian, you're going above and beyond explaining your every action here. Many thanks.

Think we can let this one go now.

On a side note just looked at the young lads twitter feed. I see Jamie's good will and placid nature stretches across all online platforms :-))))

Thanks 'L'Homme du Sport'.....I have uploaded & posted the interview now.

I just wanted to be clear that these actions were mine alone & that there were a number of specific circumstances that led to the content being published on 'Altrincham Today', but not the website.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2017, 09:42:39 AM »

To be fair I think it does more harm than good hearing from the manager after every single game.

Sometimes less is more. I wanted to scream after hearing from Harvey after the 6th consecutive defeat.

I'm not sure it's a concerted campaign as such, rather a desire to fill the emptiness with content otherwise it will be filled with deserved criticism for the whole farce.

What is getting on my tits though is the lack of respect for supporters knowledge. We've all been around long enough to gauge levels of improvement. Don't tell us the team has been galvanised. John King galvanised the team when he came back and took over after Paul Rowlands. I don't expect to be patronised because we've managed to stop passing the ball five yards to the opposition and be told it's a decent effort or a point a game in the conference north is acceptable.

No dumbin down. If you do that it's a sure sign it's time to move on

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2017, 10:08:55 AM »

To be fair I think it does more harm than good hearing from the manager after every single game.

Sometimes less is more. I wanted to scream after hearing from Harvey after the 6th consecutive defeat.

I'm not sure it's a concerted campaign as such, rather a desire to fill the emptiness with content otherwise it will be filled with deserved criticism for the whole farce.

What is getting on my tits though is the lack of respect for supporters knowledge. We've all been around long enough to gauge levels of improvement. Don't tell us the team has been galvanised. John King galvanised the team when he came back and took over after Paul Rowlands. I don't expect to be patronised because we've managed to stop passing the ball five yards to the opposition and be told it's a decent effort or a point a game in the conference north is acceptable.

great post
ParkINson's red and white army

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2017, 10:15:18 AM »

Brian, thanks for the clarity.

Personally speaking, I think you do a great job along with the other volunteers. Especially over the this season and a half. You balance being impartial when I am sure sometimes you would want to express yourself more freely!

Keep up the great work.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2017, 10:31:10 AM »

Yes Ballers!

Malty G

« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2017, 11:05:27 AM »

Thanks for humouring me and my post-pub rant Brian,  I think "Line of Duty" is getting to me. I know you were very busy with the race night. I shall discuss the irrelevance of the Grand National over a pint with you later.

markecky2

« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2017, 11:42:56 AM »

What Ballers said!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2017, 12:51:30 PM »

Brian, thanks for the clarity.

Personally speaking, I think you do a great job along with the other volunteers. Especially over the this season and a half. You balance being impartial when I am sure sometimes you would want to express yourself more freely!

Keep up the great work.

Thanks Dave...that's appreciated, as we do try to be as impartial as we can be.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2017, 12:54:28 PM »

Thanks for humouring me and my post-pub rant Brian,  I think "Line of Duty" is getting to me. I know you were very busy with the race night. I shall discuss the irrelevance of the Grand National over a pint with you later.

The Grand National ended up being more relevant than I thought as my £2 investment on 'One for Arthur' came in at 19/1 ;D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 02:52:03 PM by Brian Flynn »

Jacque

« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2017, 12:56:11 PM »

Hi there,

I’m the guy behind the article yesterday on jactal Wordpress.

Just thought I’d clear some bits up.

I was sat in the main standout beside the dug-out at Curzon. Right after the match, I thought I heard the crowd quiet loudly chant ‘Doughty Stay’ as he was walking over to them applauding.
Several people who were in the crowd have wrote on this forum said that this wasn’t true – or at least they didn’t hear it, and so for that I will take back what I wrote, and say ‘yes’ an error on my part.

I would never make stuff up, though – that I do take issue with.

Everything else that people have  said about article on the forum, I don’t have a problem with. You are, of course, well in your right to say it.

My point re: ‘Doughty to stay is down to a couple of elements.

Firstly, a sixth roll of the dice would do more harm than good considering the team have finally started picking points here and there. However little that may be. 

Secondly, I think MD has brought the players together, got them working hard. That’s not to say I think MD could take you back to NL, but, for now, he’s a core of stability, and that’s very important in the current climate of Altrincham.

Thirdly, and most pivotally, if MD goes, would you really trust GR to find a suitable replacement? He’s tried five times before and look at the mess it’s got the club in. If you trust his judgement then fine, but if you don’t, I’d ask why you would MD out, in order for GR to source another one?

Best,

Jacque
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Some Alty Fans at Curzon