PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Some Alty Fans at Curzon
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

Author Topic: Some Alty Fans at Curzon  (Read 46266 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
@AltyDaz

Malty G

Re: Some Alty Fans at Curzon
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2017, 06:26:53 PM »

Why does Altrincham Today , which nobody reads , get preference over the club's own website Brian?

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2017, 07:15:34 PM »

I remember a player called Clayton Blackmore nick name sun bed
I don't no this other guy an it will not stick in my memory for a long time after the thread is over
I had Clayton in my pocket in the staff supporters game .. my claim to fame

We both know that's a falsification. He was in my back pocket and there's photo evidence of me keeping him under control (by accidentally grabbing his tackle)!

York Alty is back

« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2017, 07:44:51 PM »

I don't no this other guy an it will not stick in my memory for a long time after the thread is over

We both know that's a falsification. He was in my back pocket and there's photo evidence of me keeping him under control (by accidentally grabbing his tackle)!

Bit of a handful.

GB Alty

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2017, 08:17:03 PM »

https://jactal.wordpress.com/2017/04/16/overweight-centre-back-booed-off-as-altrincham-claim-another-doughty-win/
my favourite bit was:

After the game, a few fans chanted for the Warrington-born manager to ‘stay’. But it’s unlikely at this stage. Although the pressure on Rowley has stabilised, with the RowleyOut campaign coming to a halt, the contempt is still there, bubbling away under the surface, and potentially prompting him into another rash, dangerous call – to be rid of Doughty

Who the f**k chanted for Doughty to stay?

Also I thought the RowleyOut campaign was merely on hold until/if Rowley stands down at the May board meeting?

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2017, 08:39:18 PM »

Not giving MD the job is not rash. It's common sense.

That article is written with a rose tinted biro. It fails to acknowledge that our surge in points per game tally in the last 11 games is in keeping with history for most sides in our position at this stage of the season. At best MD has achieved the bang average and hopefully our stats guru will have little trouble pointing that out... if he's allowed to.

Come on. We've played teams in demise and teams with nothing to play for. We've got a squad full of desperadoes who either want a chance of another contract or need to show potential suitors their form has been a symptom of our position and not a cause. I've thought MD has acquitted himself well and deserves credit. But credit is a big thanks for sticking with a lame horse and a fantastic reference for his next employer to peruse. He's not ready, simple as that. If he's the best applicant then it's just demonstration of how far we've sunk.

York Alty is back

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2017, 09:14:58 PM »

https://jactal.wordpress.com/2017/04/16/overweight-centre-back-booed-off-as-altrincham-claim-another-doughty-win/
my favourite bit was:

After the game, a few fans chanted for the Warrington-born manager to ‘stay’. But it’s unlikely at this stage. Although the pressure on Rowley has stabilised, with the RowleyOut campaign coming to a halt, the contempt is still there, bubbling away under the surface, and potentially prompting him into another rash, dangerous call – to be rid of Doughty

Also I thought the RowleyOut campaign was merely on hold until/if Rowley stands down at the May board meeting?

I heard no such chants. I suspect this is made up.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2017, 09:20:29 PM »

my favourite bit was:

I didn't hear any chants for Doughty to stay, but, then, I was following Clayton McDonald  out of the ground straight after the end of the game.

As Malty G says, you might think there is a deliberate campaign to make Doughty look good, irrespective of the club's interests.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2017, 09:32:47 PM »

Why does Altrincham Today , which nobody reads , get preference over the club's own website Brian?

John Edwards had other interview duties to do after the Brackley game, therefore I did that particular post-match interview. It would have been on Alty TV but there wasn't enough time to do that before the 'Race Night' started, therefore I did an audio interview with Matt Doughty in the Vice President's Lounge between the Grand National finishing & the 'Race Night' startiing.

The initial plan was for some quotes from this interview to be used in the Sale & Altrincham Messenger but we decided to go with the new season ticket & admission prices as we felt that was a better & more important story.

Subsequently, I decided that a written piece was more appropriate than an audio interview on this occasion & when that happens, which is very rare, the article is published via 'Altrincham Today'.

If John Edwards had done the interview, it would have appeared on the website, therefore the only differentiating factor here was that it was me who carried out the interview & I made a decision to use the content for 'Altrincham Today' rather than posting on the website via SoundCloud.

markecky2

« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2017, 10:07:33 PM »

That article is written with a rose tinted biro. It fails to acknowledge that our surge in points per game tally in the last 11 games is in keeping with history for most sides in our position at this stage of the season. At best MD has achieved the bang average and hopefully our stats guru will have little trouble pointing that out... if he's allowed to.

Come on. We've played teams in demise and teams with nothing to play for. We've got a squad full of desperadoes who either want a chance of another contract or need to show potential suitors their form has been a symptom of our position and not a cause. I've thought MD has acquitted himself well and deserves credit. But credit is a big thanks for sticking with a lame horse and a fantastic reference for his next employer to peruse. He's not ready, simple as that. If he's the best applicant then it's just demonstration of how far we've sunk.

Spot on mate as is Jamie.

I really really hope these articles are just the work of a young student jourmalist finding his way but not really having a full grasp on things and nothing more.

"potentially prompting him into another rash, dangerous call – to be rid of Doughty"

I understand that there are people out there who want him as manager and they must have a reason I haven't thought of. 

However it would hardly be rash or dangerous to get rid of a manager who has been in the dressing room for the last two relegations with varying degrees of control whilst the club has fallen from a moderate conference club to a figure of peoples jokes.

taxi Phil

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2017, 10:16:40 PM »

However it would hardly be rash or dangerous to get rid of a manager who has been in the dressing room for the last two relegations with varying degrees of control whilst the club has fallen from a moderate conference club to a figure of peoples jokes.

The whole thing summed up perfectly in just a few words by one of our most respected posters.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2017, 10:55:52 PM »

Spot on mate as is Jamie.

I really really hope these articles are just the work of a young student jourmalist finding his way but not really having a full grasp on things and nothing more.

"potentially prompting him into another rash, dangerous call – to be rid of Doughty"

I understand that there are people out there who want him as manager and they must have a reason I haven't thought of. 

I follow this lad on Twitter and interact with him on occasion, as Ecky says I think he's a young trainee journalist so I think you have to give him some leeway. To state that NOT giving MD the job would be 'rash and dangerous' I suspect betrays a lack of experience & probably allowing a personal friendship with MD to inappropriately cloud his professional judgment. Our esteemed Chairman has made a number of rash decisions over the last year, not giving the Evostik promotion campaign reigns to MD would not be one of them.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2017, 11:22:50 PM »

I controlled him you groped him ... actually just delete all this please
ParkINson's red and white army

Malty G

« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2017, 12:42:31 AM »

Thanks for replying Brian. What were John Laidlar's pressing interviews that didn't include the home team manager? Why was there no time to interview MD before the Grand National started? Why does horse racing take preference over football? Why wasn't a version of your interview posted on the club website? Any chance that you can make the original sound file available? I take it you did it personally or was it a sound and vision production. Did you offer it to the club for the website or did you decide it wasn't of interest? I can't remember the last time a mannager or backroom member or player didn't go on record after a home game  in these circumstances . Sorry but it just smacks of a campaign to promote the upside of Doughty whilst ignoring his ineptitude. John Laidlar's perverse cherry picking of statistics suggest this is a conscious plan on behalf of interested parties within the club.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Some Alty Fans at Curzon