PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Some Alty Fans at Curzon
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

Author Topic: Some Alty Fans at Curzon  (Read 46271 times)

Jimmy

Re: Some Alty Fans at Curzon
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2017, 08:16:35 AM »

Don't really know what happened and not particularly bothered but at a guess Doughty took him off for a poor performance and not because a handful of people were heckling him

taxi Phil

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2017, 08:59:45 AM »

Don't really know what happened and not particularly bothered but at a guess Doughty took him off for a poor performance and not because a handful of people were heckling him

Doughty's post match interview on the main site doesn't mention abuse, and implies McDonald had a decent game. I'm sure his scripts are written by the Brothers Grimm. Or even Grimmer.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2017, 09:17:07 AM »

I remember a player called Clayton Blackmore nick name sun bed
I don't no this other guy an it will not stick in my memory for a long time after the thread is over
I had Clayton in my pocket in the staff supporters game .. my claim to fame
ParkINson's red and white army

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2017, 09:37:37 AM »

Interesting to see how many would be brave enough to slag him off to his face man to man in a different setting. All brave in groups with a few beers down them.

Are you condoning violence then Dingo because I'm sure it wouldn't be an amicable confrontation? I wasn't there yesterday so wasn't involved but for the record I'd quite happily tell Clayton McDonald to his face that he's not fit enough to be playing for a wage.

York Alty is back

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2017, 09:49:39 AM »

He's just another f'ing waster in a season dominated by f'ing wasters.

Malty G

« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2017, 10:44:41 AM »

Is it right that we couldn't name a full bench on Friday? Where was Tomlinson? Doughty said last week he'd be giving Cain and Foster a chance. Where were they?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 10:58:53 AM by Malty G »

finnquark

« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2017, 10:52:20 AM »

Sitting in the main stand, it didn't seem as though any chanting affected our management, judging by the way they celebrated winning the league a jammy 3-2 win against on holiday Curzon Ashton.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 11:15:26 AM by finnquark »

Malty G

« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2017, 11:05:53 AM »

I've just read the match report. We did have a full bench after all. Just no place for Tomlinson, Foster and Cain. What is glaring is the lack of information after the Brackley capitulation. No interviews on the club website yet within 24 hours of an away win MD is ready to take the plaidits . It is almost as if the club are trying to make him look good. Especially if you read the last column of John Laidlar's match report.

York Alty is back

« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2017, 11:14:45 AM »

But we were pants against Curzon.  So little to beat.  Only a fool would use that as a positive. There was NOTHING to suggest that team would win anything next season.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 11:33:38 AM by York Alty Knee Faulty »

taxi Phil

« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2017, 11:46:17 AM »

I've just read the match report. We did have a full bench after all. Just no place for Tomlinson, Foster and Cain. What is glaring is the lack of information after the Brackley capitulation. No interviews on the club website yet within 24 hours of an away win MD is ready to take the plaidits . It is almost as if the club are trying to make him look good. Especially if you read the last column of John Laidlar's match report.
Interview with Doughty has been on the club website since last night. Cain and Hobson expected to feature for at least part of tomorrow's match.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2017, 12:13:04 PM »

Interview with Doughty has been on the club website since last night. Cain and Hobson expected to feature for at least part of tomorrow's match.

Not a lotta people know that
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 12:52:20 PM by distancetraveller »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2017, 12:36:01 PM »

My dad and I were wondering the same thing re.the lack of interviews after the Brackley game. Following Alty these days, it's very easy to be cynical.

Malty G

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2017, 01:28:01 PM »

Sorry Phil, my post was very clear. I was referring to the fact the the post-Curzon interview HAD appeared within 24 hours but the post-Brackley interviews had not despite being on our own patch too.

taxi Phil

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2017, 01:35:46 PM »

Sorry Phil, my post was very clear. I was referring to the fact the the post-Curzon interview HAD appeared within 24 hours but the post-Brackley interviews had not despite being on our own patch too.

Apologies....just reread it, mea culpa !

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2017, 05:59:30 PM »

I interviewed Matt Doughty after the Brackley game, but decided to use the audio file as the basis for the 'Altrincham Today' article, rather than posting it on the website.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Some Alty Fans at Curzon