PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Guiseley - Match Thread  (Read 43903 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Guiseley - Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2016, 08:09:11 PM »

I agree that people perceive things differently.
Although Guiseley were very neat and kept the ball well they didnt really hurt us at all and we defended well.
We created far more chances than Guiseley from much less possession and if Rankine's shot had gone in instead of hitting the underside of the bar Guiseley couldnt have complained at all with a loss.

Big improvement, still only one defeat in the last 6 games, however we need 5 or 6 wins to be safe from the remaining 13 games.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2016, 08:10:19 PM »

I took one major positive from this game, we didn't lose, played ok and improved on last Tuesday's result. Decent gate of well over 1000 too. Even with further injury problems, we still held our own, and have players due to come back very soon. Luca and Marcus worked pretty ok together considering it was the first time they have paired up, I thought Scott was superb in the second half and covered well at left back. Did you notice how James Lawrie grew into the game during the second half. his switch to the left worked well.

There are still many games to play until the end of the season and the next two weeks will give us chance to regroup and recover players from their respective injuries. Maybe it is a good thing we are not playing this week.

I refuse to be downhearted, things will come together and we still have some winnable games coming up. mixed results today but they could have been a lot worse.

Keep the faith guys, there is still much to play for.  

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2016, 08:35:01 PM »

I agree that people perceive things differently.
Although Guiseley were very neat and kept the ball well they didnt really hurt us at all and we defended well.
We created far more chances than Guiseley from much less possession and if Rankine's shot had gone in instead of hitting the underside of the bar Guiseley couldnt have complained at all with a loss.

Big improvement, still only one defeat in the last 6 games, however we need 5 or 6 wins to be safe from the remaining 13 games.

Appreciate you're a glass half full chap, but where do you expect these 5/6 wins to appear from?? 1 win in the last 11. Nowhere near good enough and to be honest, the great performance against woking aside we look miles away!

brian1925

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2016, 09:08:35 PM »

Guiseley are always neat and tidy. What they had today, which they don't usually, was physical strength. They've adjusted well to this league. Our biggest problem right now is that Kiddy appear to have invested well in the loan market and we probably need them to stay below us.

roytonmike

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2016, 09:36:06 PM »

I thought the draw fair to both sides today. From where I stood, Lawrie had a stinker of a game overall; just goes to show how differently people interpret the evidence put before them, I suppose. For a side with no midfield tacklers I thought we did reasonably well; it's to be hoped Griffin's injury will clear up in the next fortnight & the same goes for Richman. Havern getting through 90 minutes was a bonus in my view. The two Tranmere loanees' month will run out before our next game - any views on whether they should be kept on (assuming their parent club is agreeable)? The rest of the results could have been a lot worse but inevitably the picture will look blacker by the time we play Macc as some sides may have played as many as three more fixtures before we get on the field again.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2016, 09:46:33 PM »

I thought the draw fair to both sides today. From where I stood, Lawrie had a stinker of a game overall; just goes to show how differently people interpret the evidence put before them, I suppose. For a side with no midfield tacklers I thought we did reasonably well; it's to be hoped Griffin's injury will clear up in the next fortnight & the same goes for Richman. Havern getting through 90 minutes was a bonus in my view. The two Tranmere loanees' month will run out before our next game - any views on whether they should be kept on (assuming their parent club is agreeable)? The rest of the results could have been a lot worse but inevitably the picture will look blacker by the time we play Macc as some sides may have played as many as three more fixtures before we get on the field again.

Both should be kept on if possible they have done well enough

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2016, 09:55:10 PM »

Hope we can keep Marcus , but Damian  far better than Margetts imo.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2016, 10:04:50 PM »

Have to say I'm perplexed as to why the management team are so determined to drive Reevesey away from the club as appears to be the case!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2016, 10:14:42 PM »

Send margetts back. No disrespect but we've enough forwards and get the best central midfielder humanly possible in on loan, quick

VofD

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2016, 10:16:01 PM »

It just goes to show how differently people perceive things. I thought Guiseley were the better team throughout and had Ranks scored the second, it'd have been daylight robbery. They certainly carried more threat going forward, with on loan Sinclair a constant threat.

I felt the defence did pretty well, especially Holness and Luca against some physically strong strikers. Just as in the first match with Guiseley, Ranks was our best player and correctly won motm. I don't rate Lawrie or O'Keefe at all at this level I'm afraid.

I fear for us if Richman is out for a while.

This.

VofD

« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2016, 10:19:07 PM »

This.

andrewflynn

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2016, 09:16:38 AM »

Any chance of elaborating on why you hate James Lawrie?

taxi Phil

« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2016, 02:36:38 PM »

Not rating somebody is not the same as hating them ! I also thought he was mediocre yesterday,  and I wouldn't have had him in my starting eleven for  most of this season.

On the subject of perception.....I though Jake was below par yesterday and I put it down in no small measure to Ringo's absence.

VofD

« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2016, 03:43:16 PM »

I don't hate him, I just think he is not good enough at this level. He gives the ball away a lot more times than other players, is not strong in possession and some of his set pieces are diabolical. He has had a run in the side because of injuries, otherwise he would have been on the bench at best. O'Keefe is on a par with him. ::)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2016, 03:52:07 PM »

Agree
I said in the Summer his seaaon in Conf Nat  was not good enough to keep him if we are to play him as a winger or midfielder
This season has been no better - just my opinion because I bear no malice towards him or any other player that is not up to this level
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley - Match Thread