PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Guiseley - Match Thread  (Read 43912 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Guiseley - Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2016, 09:30:03 AM »

Some player news here, sounds like potentially good news for today, fingers crossed

http://altrincham.today/2016/02/20/sinnott-speaks-the-fans-deserve-more-were-determined-put-right-today/

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2016, 09:42:26 AM »

Current weather forecast is for heavy rain from about 1100 onwards thru 1800, so this discussion may be academic; however, if Sinnott Jnr. is unfit something has to be done to address the right-back question. Assuming Havern remains unavailable Leather must revert to centre-half; I've heard it said Jake Moult could fill in at right-back but have no memory of his having done so before ...
The midfield, assuming Richman is out for a while (if he has indeed broken a bone), has no scrapper/tackler/ball-winner available, I fear, so will have to live on whatever bits & pieces of possession it can get. Extra bodies in midfield aren't an answer in themselves. Up front, I felt Margetts & Reeves were positive a week ago & I'm absolutely convinced Rankine wasn't fit to play on Tuesday - I'd go back to the Saturday format in that department. So, assuming Sinnott, Havern, Mottley-Henry & Richman are not available (I'm not anticipating any more loan signings at this stage):
Deasy
Moult - Leather - Holness - Griffin
Crowther - O'Keefe - Lawrie - Ginnelly
Margetts - Reeves
might be as good as we can do with
Williams, Heathcote, Rankine, plus two of Swift, Cain, Davis, Stouppis (if the latter two are still available)
on the bench. 
Part of me is saying 'come on, let it rain!' while the rest of me is praying for a miracle ...

The mere suggestion of a central midfield partnership of Lawrie and O'Keefe makes me feel faintly sick.

roytonmike

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2016, 10:57:00 AM »

Current weather forecast is for heavy rain from about 1100 onwards thru 1800, so this discussion may be academic; however, if Sinnott Jnr. is unfit something has to be done to address the right-back question. Assuming Havern remains unavailable Leather must revert to centre-half; I've heard it said Jake Moult could fill in at right-back but have no memory of his having done so before ...
The midfield, assuming Richman is out for a while (if he has indeed broken a bone), has no scrapper/tackler/ball-winner available, I fear, so will have to live on whatever bits & pieces of possession it can get. Extra bodies in midfield aren't an answer in themselves. Up front, I felt Margetts & Reeves were positive a week ago & I'm absolutely convinced Rankine wasn't fit to play on Tuesday - I'd go back to the Saturday format in that department. So, assuming Sinnott, Havern, Mottley-Henry & Richman are not available (I'm not anticipating any more loan signings at this stage):
Deasy
Margetts - Reeves
Williams, Heathcote, Rankine, plus two of Swift, Cain, Davis, Stouppis (if the latter two are still available)
on the bench. 
Part of me is saying 'come on, let it rain!' while the rest of me is praying for a miracle ...
The mere suggestion of a central midfield partnership of Lawrie and O'Keefe makes me feel faintly sick.
Me too - but what I was working on was a 'worst case scenario'. It might be that one or more of the four I'd discounted are available, in which case we may be saved from that particular scaffold ... the online weather forecast has now been amended to heavy rain in the afternoon ... still, the verti-draining might make a difference to the state of the pitch. You never know - tho' I still fear the worst!

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2016, 01:01:51 PM »

This weather is pants....hoping we get a game today

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2016, 01:38:51 PM »

Game will be on, it would have been called off by now - on my way!!

andrewflynn

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2016, 02:53:53 PM »

Today's #Alty XI: Deasy, Sinnott, Havern, Holness, Griffin, Moult (c), O'Keefe, Lawrie, Crowther, Ginnelly, Rankine

We had nothing to worry about in the end. Looks 4-5-1 with Rankine up top.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2016, 03:33:05 PM »

Halifax beating Grimsby 3-0, FFS.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2016, 03:48:31 PM »

1-0 Rankine 41. Useful time to score.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2016, 04:19:19 PM »

1-1 now.

VofD

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2016, 06:57:16 PM »

Deasy
Margetts - Reeves
on the bench. 

ABSOLUTE PAIR OF DUFFERS >:( >:(

bighairedmike

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2016, 07:02:29 PM »

Deasy
Margetts - Reeves
on the bench. 

Thought Lawrie had a decent game today. Bit of a bizarre post. Also, if it watch O'Keefe the amount of second balls we win with him as opposed to without him is amazing.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2016, 07:10:08 PM »

Deasy
Margetts - Reeves
on the bench.  

Absolute rubbish. Lawrie had a decent game.

All in all 1000 times better than Tuesday, shame Rankines shot hit the bar after Reeves played it across. We were the better first half and Guiseley the second so no complaints with a draw

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2016, 07:30:53 PM »

Deasy
Margetts - Reeves
on the bench.  

Absolute rubbish. Lawrie had a decent game.

All in all 1000 times better than Tuesday, shame Rankines shot hit the bar after Reeves played it across. We were the better first half and Guiseley the second so no complaints with a draw

??? ???
They were better first half and we were better second half
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

brian1925

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2016, 07:56:41 PM »

It just goes to show how differently people perceive things. I thought Guiseley were the better team throughout and had Ranks scored the second, it'd have been daylight robbery. They certainly carried more threat going forward, with on loan Sinclair a constant threat.

I felt the defence did pretty well, especially Holness and Luca against some physically strong strikers. Just as in the first match with Guiseley, Ranks was our best player and correctly won motm. I don't rate Lawrie or O'Keefe at all at this level I'm afraid.

I fear for us if Richman is out for a while.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2016, 08:04:29 PM »

Didn't make it today. Strangely, in Birmingham it didn't rain at all. Glad that Ranks got man of the match. I know he's been ill but he's a bit like Perry, up for it or not at the races.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley - Match Thread