PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnsley at Home.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Barnsley at Home.  (Read 44301 times)

Jenga

Re: Barnsley at Home.
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2015, 12:53:41 PM »

Does anyone know when the TV channels decide on their games?

I only ask as i need to plans for other things that weekend.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2015, 01:00:30 PM »

Does anyone know when the TV channels decide on their games?

I only ask as i need to plans for other things that weekend.

I suspect next day or so. Needs police approval etc.  before everything is confirmed. The TV people have probably starting approaching clubs already.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2015, 01:21:26 PM »

The TV people have probably starting approaching clubs already already have Salford City and FCUM provisionally lined up for live ties.

:)
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2015, 01:44:31 PM »

There's trains back to London every 20 minutes on Sunday's up until the last departure at 20:55

The connections especially at Stockport seem to be the problem. And praying that there are no engineering works between Redhill and London. Normally it should take about 4 hours Redhill to Alty but not on a Sunday. Lets see what the TV people dictate.

The chester - Alty - Stockport - Manchester trains are only a 2 hourly service on a Sunday but You can get the metrolink to and from Manchester Piccadilly or use the 11, 11a or 370 bus to and from Alty to Stockport

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2015, 02:18:28 PM »

Flights are looking sh*tter by the second, hope they decide on time and day soon.

That and convincing the wife that coming over twice in a week (Bromley following week) is a good idea.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2015, 03:24:02 PM »

Can't see it being anything other than Sunday 2pm

bighairedmike

« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2015, 03:49:10 PM »

Flights are looking sh*tter by the second, hope they decide on time and day soon.

That and convincing the wife that coming over twice in a week (Bromley following week) is a good idea.

Tell her that staying for a week in sunny Altrincham is a good idea Uncle G! That way you can catch the replay in the midweek if there is one as well!

roytonmike

« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2015, 04:01:48 PM »

Tell her that staying for a week in sunny Altrincham is a good idea Uncle G! That way you can catch the replay in the midweek if there is one as well!
Any replay would be ten days or so after the original tie (i.e. in the week after we play Bromley).

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2015, 04:04:33 PM »

Any replay would be ten days or so after the original tie (i.e. in the week after we play Bromley).

I'll never accumulate enough brownie points to make that a possibility.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Alty Razor Squad

« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2015, 09:34:05 PM »

If it is made all ticket will the restricted view seats in the main stand due to the poor design of the CSH be cheaper than normal main stand tickets?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 09:35:37 PM by Alty Razor Squad »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2015, 10:15:55 PM »

If it is made all ticket will the restricted view seats in the main stand due to the poor design of the CSH be cheaper than normal main stand tickets?

Yes

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2015, 10:23:15 PM »

Didn't they take about 6k to City in the FAC Quarters a couple of years ago? Not quite the same but very local and easy trains you'd have to assume in the region of 1500-2k. Like to think we could top the 4600 recent ground record vs Guiseley in the play off final for this. Biggest FL side we've played here for many a year.

Some form of TV is certain, unfortunately just like their big brother in the latter rounds both FCUM and Salford are nailed on for a live game. Still, there's a lot of cash for us to make here and their currently dodgy form maybe a replay isn't entirely out of the question. Two big league games before this but places to be won at Macc the midweek before might inspire a few. Hope some of the injuries cleared up by then. We'll need Rankine's presence.

The game at Macc is on the Tuesday after the FA Cup First Round weekend.

If we do get moved to play on Sunday, 8th November 2015, how would that impact on the Macc fixture just two days later?

Last year, our Sunday game at Blyth in the FA Cup meant that our game at Telford, originally scheduled for the Tuesday, was moved to the Wednesday, therefore I think that would also be the most likely outcome this year.It seems likely that at least one of us, will be playing on Sunday, so I believe that Wednesday is now the more likely date for our visit to the Moss Rose, as I think that the League will set the date (Telford were a bit miffed when this happened last year).

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2015, 10:42:36 PM »

Didn't they take about 6k to City in the FAC Quarters a couple of years ago? Not quite the same but very local and easy trains you'd have to assume in the region of 1500-2k. Like to think we could top the 4600 recent ground record vs Guiseley in the play off final for this. Biggest FL side we've played here for many a year.

Some form of TV is certain, unfortunately just like their big brother in the latter rounds both FCUM and Salford are nailed on for a live game. Still, there's a lot of cash for us to make here and their currently dodgy form maybe a replay isn't entirely out of the question. Two big league games before this but places to be won at Macc the midweek before might inspire a few. Hope some of the injuries cleared up by then. We'll need Rankine's presence.

The game at Macc is on the Tuesday after the FA Cup First Round weekend.

If we do get moved to play on Sunday, 8th November 2015, how would that impact on the Macc fixture just two days later?

Last year, our Sunday game at Blyth in the FA Cup meant that our game at Telford, originally scheduled for the Tuesday, was moved to the Wednesday, therefore I think that would also be the most likely outcome this year.It seems likely that at least one of us, will be playing on Sunday, so I believe that Wednesday is now the more likely date for our visit to the Moss Rose, as I think that the League will set the date (Telford were a bit miffed when this happened last year).

But they still won😔

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2015, 10:43:48 PM »

If it is made all ticket will the restricted view seats in the main stand due to the need for a CSH in that position be cheaper than normal main stand tickets?

Corrected for you. Try harder.

andrewflynn

« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2015, 10:47:04 PM »

Every game, bar the two or three that get televised, should be played on Saturday at 3PM. I'm not a fan of what the BBC are trying to do with the Sundays.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnsley at Home.