PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnsley at Home.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: Barnsley at Home.  (Read 44318 times)

Jenga

Re: Barnsley at Home.
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2015, 09:43:23 PM »

If they normally take 750 to 1050 away for a league game i reckon from 40 miles away they will double that for an F A Cup game. I would say they will bring around 2,000 but who knows none of us have any feel for the dizzy heights of league one.

Jimmy

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2015, 10:01:59 PM »

They will probably bring about 700 because they won't regard it a big match which is still a fine turnout
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 11:01:48 AM by Jimmy »

GB Alty

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2015, 10:06:38 PM »

If they normally take 750 to 1050 away for a league game i reckon from 40 miles away they will double that for an F A Cup game. I would say they will bring around 2,000 but who knows none of us have any feel for the dizzy heights of league one.
???

League teams get a less (a lot less) for FA cup games - not more!

They will bring 500 tops

Hulme Robin

« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2015, 11:03:40 PM »

It will be a new ground for many of them. Chance to stand on a terrace and not too far or expensive on a train. Think they will be up for this.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2015, 11:39:21 PM »

Didn't they take about 6k to City in the FAC Quarters a couple of years ago? Not quite the same but very local and easy trains you'd have to assume in the region of 1500-2k. Like to think we could top the 4600 recent ground record vs Guiseley in the play off final for this. Biggest FL side we've played here for many a year.

Some form of TV is certain, unfortunately just like their big brother in the latter rounds both FCUM and Salford are nailed on for a live game. Still, there's a lot of cash for us to make here and their currently dodgy form maybe a replay isn't entirely out of the question. Two big league games before this but places to be won at Macc the midweek before might inspire a few. Hope some of the injuries cleared up by then. We'll need Rankine's presence.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2015, 11:46:00 PM »

Reading their forums, they think it is an insult that they would only bring 500.
They are so looking forward to be able to stand up at a game,and play on a muddy pitch !!!
Knowing some Barnsley fans, and only 40 miles away. I think they would bring close to a thousand.
They also think it will be all ticket.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2015, 12:51:40 AM »

Didn't they take about 6k to City in the FAC Quarters a couple of years ago? Not quite the same but very local and easy trains you'd have to assume in the region of 1500-2k. Like to think we could top the 4600 recent ground record vs Guiseley in the play off final for this. Biggest FL side we've played here for many a year.

Some form of TV is certain, unfortunately just like their big brother in the latter rounds both FCUM and Salford are nailed on for a live game. Still, there's a lot of cash for us to make here and their currently dodgy form maybe a replay isn't entirely out of the question. Two big league games before this but places to be won at Macc the midweek before might inspire a few. Hope some of the injuries cleared up by then. We'll need Rankine's presence.

The game at Macc is on the Tuesday after the FA Cup First Round weekend.

If we do get moved to play on Sunday, 8th November 2015, how would that impact on the Macc fixture just two days later?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2015, 05:42:50 AM »

Maybe they'll move it to Wednesday, Especially if macc go to Portsmouth on the Sunday also

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2015, 06:11:06 AM »

What helped the Guiseley crowd possibly was that it wasn't all ticket, because the momentum and publicity could build right up to kick off. People who decided late on to attend could do so.

I'm not saying that this match shouldn't be all ticket - the authorities know more than I do about all this - but it could have an effect.

Great draw all the same.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 06:46:09 AM by Bob »

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2015, 08:14:03 AM »

I really hope that this match is not switched to a Sunday when train times are awful. I couldn't get to Burton on a Sunday but Saturday would have been no problem.
Am I correct that the Sunday FA CUP 1st Round matches last season were 2pm Kick off times?

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2015, 09:35:53 AM »

Yes the Sunday matches were all 1400 last year - which enabled me to get the last flight back from Newcastle to Heathrow.

If there are train problems for some of South East Alty in getting to game, I would be more than happy to provide a taxi service!!

On the "all ticket" point, I think the only way that would be workable is if we made sure there was (say) sufficient space for 1500 Barnsley fans, with appropriate stewarding and policing so that the away fans section would not sell out with the consequence of many milling about Yorkshire men

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2015, 10:16:18 AM »

There's trains back to London every 20 minutes on Sunday's up until the last departure at 20:55

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2015, 10:18:29 AM »

And a direct train to Exeter at 17:07

roytonmike

« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2015, 12:39:23 PM »

But going by the manager's comments on the club website we're unlikely to have it - hamstring, a couple of weeks at least, is the gist of the remarks.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2015, 12:49:30 PM »

There's trains back to London every 20 minutes on Sunday's up until the last departure at 20:55

The connections especially at Stockport seem to be the problem. And praying that there are no engineering works between Redhill and London. Normally it should take about 4 hours Redhill to Alty but not on a Sunday. Lets see what the TV people dictate.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 01:42:38 PM by Figgy Pudding »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnsley at Home.