PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnsley at Home.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: Barnsley at Home.  (Read 44319 times)

Alex

Re: Barnsley at Home.
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2015, 07:50:45 PM »

Shouldn't have thought it will be all ticket, Barnsley seem to only take 500ish to away games

Maybe ticket for away fans only ?

What is this clervoiance you all seem to think people on turnstiles have for spotting away fans? If I want to see a game and know it's pay on the gate for home fans ticket for away fans and I haven't got a ticket I simply wear no club colours to the match and go in the home end. If questioned "are you an altrincham fan?" My reply "yes watched them for years but live away from the town so can only make a few games" not rocket science. You would have to make it all ticket or no ticket.

Not singling you out just seen this suggested a few times with the Chester game as well, people going to a football match with intent on causing trouble don't wear club shirts and scarfs

The accent would give it away.

I'll warn london alty to work on their mancunian accents so they dont end up in the away end then

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2015, 07:53:46 PM »

Can't wait for the thread about segregation.  8)
so tempted 😁😁
ParkINson's red and white army

Jimmy

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2015, 07:55:06 PM »

Having now looked at the rest of the draw I reckon we'll be a highlights game. Live games will be Salford v Notts County,FCUM v Chesterfield and Maidstone v Yeovil.
you could well be right Razor squad

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2015, 07:56:02 PM »

Shouldn't have thought it will be all ticket, Barnsley seem to only take 500ish to away games

Maybe ticket for away fans only ?

What is this clervoiance you all seem to think people on turnstiles have for spotting away fans? If I want to see a game and know it's pay on the gate for home fans ticket for away fans and I haven't got a ticket I simply wear no club colours to the match and go in the home end. If questioned "are you an altrincham fan?" My reply "yes watched them for years but live away from the town so can only make a few games" not rocket science. You would have to make it all ticket or no ticket.

Not singling you out just seen this suggested a few times with the Chester game as well, people going to a football match with intent on causing trouble don't wear club shirts and scarfs

The accent would give it away.

I'll warn london alty to work on their mancunian accents so they dont end up in the away end then
I have a timperley accent could be trouble ahead
ParkINson's red and white army

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2015, 07:57:52 PM »

The point being no Alty fan would have a Darren Gough type Barnsley accent.

roytonmike

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2015, 07:59:26 PM »

United are at home to West Brom Saturday 7th 3pm so the police may well say they can't cover two games in Trafford at the same time.
Odds on the live Friday game will not be in North-West England as it was Warrington v Exeter last year (which incidentally rules out Didcot). I'm thinking Wealdstone v Colchester, Braintree v Oxford or Gainsborough v Shrewsbury, but if they did go for our region again it would be either Salford or FCUM.
I suspect it will suit both the coppers and the BBC to have us at 2pm Sunday again.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2015, 08:02:39 PM »

United are at home to West Brom Saturday 7th 3pm so the police may well say they can't cover two games in Trafford at the same time.
Odds on the live Friday game will not be in North-West England as it was Warrington v Exeter last year (which incidentally rules out Didcot). I'm thinking Wealdstone v Colchester, Braintree v Oxford or Gainsborough v Shrewsbury, but if they did go for our region again it would be either Salford or FCUM.
I suspect it will suit both the coppers and the BBC to have us at 2pm Sunday again.

Police are covering 2 big games in Manchester Wednesday night but hope its any day but Saturday as i'm working.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 08:09:36 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2015, 08:04:53 PM »

Having now looked at the rest of the draw I reckon we'll be a highlights game. Live games will be Salford v Notts County,FCUM v Chesterfield and Maidstone v Yeovil.
you could well be right Razor squad

agreed, a good shout.  I reckon maybe Dicot v Exeter also.

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2015, 08:07:08 PM »

Been on the Barnsley forum and they think it's hilarious we reckon they only take 500 away. One guy is saying they will bring 2 to 3 thousand lol.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2015, 08:11:29 PM »

Your comment has been noted on the Barnsley forum, they beg to differ and suggest your estimations are fairly wide of the mark

bighairedmike

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2015, 08:17:59 PM »

The point being no Alty fan would have a Darren Gough type Barnsley accent.

Hang about, we have Scottish and Irish fans that come to games. You can't judge on an accent alone. It's ridiculous.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2015, 08:19:49 PM »

Maidstone on their plastic pitch to a Yeovil side at the bottom end of league two could be an upset

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2015, 08:25:26 PM »

Maidstone on their plastic pitch to a Yeovil side at the bottom end of league two could be an upset

I noted that one as it came out

GB Alty

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2015, 08:28:22 PM »

Your comment has been noted on the Barnsley forum, they beg to differ and suggest your estimations are fairly wide of the mark
I would be suprised if they brought anymore than Chester, and they defo will bring nowhere near as many as either Grimsby or Tranmere

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2015, 08:32:07 PM »

I see Barnsley have a game at Coventry on Tuesday the 3rd so that might rule out Friday night. I hope they don't replace their manger before the tie like milwall did.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Barnsley at Home.