PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 England euro 2012 thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12

Author Topic: England euro 2012 thread  (Read 47743 times)

RocketDan

Re: England euro 2012 thread
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2012, 12:12:43 AM »

How anyone can suggest Crouch amazes me tbh.

Okay he has scored a wonder goal this season but IMHO, given that we will have Continental Opposition and Continental Officials he just gives far too many free kicks away AT BOTH END OF THE FOP

Say what you like about Crouchy, but that fact remains - the 6'7 freak has a great scoring record at international level.

If bagging a goal every other games (22 goals in 42 appearances for England) is not proof enough for you, maybe you would like to compare his scoring record at international level with a few other household names:

Rooney (28 goals in 73 games)
Tevez (13 goals in 59 games)
Messi (22 goals in 68 games)
C. Ronaldo (32 goals in 88 games)

markecky

« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2012, 08:09:03 AM »

That picture was taken on his return from winning the "Worlds Longest Shins 2011".

whopper

« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2012, 11:09:29 AM »

Crouch has played in europe this season too, nobodys saying he's brilliant bit one things for sure bar rooney he's played best this season

joe

« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2012, 11:18:29 AM »

Whatever squad/team England have in Poland/Ukraine they'll flatter to deceive as usual. England are sh*t,simple!

taxi Phil

« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2012, 12:40:46 PM »

Whatever squad/team England have in Poland/Ukraine they'll flatter to deceive as usual. England are sh*t,simple!

I'm not even convinced we're going to flatter unfortunately.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2012, 05:06:19 PM »

I'm not even convinced we're going to flatter unfortunately.

Fraid they're going nowhere fast in this competition,   time to support my 2nd team   ROI !

whopper

« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2012, 06:03:35 PM »

Positives = I would definatley put money on us conceding the least in our group as sweden and france are frail and have average goalkeepers imo,

Maybe young can get us some pens and walcott can singe a few full backs.... thats the only positives.... hang on get crouchy in he`s always got a goal in him for england!

Butty

« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2012, 06:16:43 PM »

Can I just take a moment to guide you through those 22 goals
1 against Uruguay, Hungary, Trinidad & Tobago, Macedonia, Estonia, Ukraine, France, Mexico, Andorra, Austria and Croatia
2 against Greece, Andorra (again), Belarus and Egypt
3 against Jamaica

So just 4 of them goals have been scored against 'proper' opposition- Uruguay, France, Mexico and Croatia, which isn't good enough to even get us close to winning the Euros

whopper

« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2012, 06:49:00 PM »

1 against Uruguay, Hungary, Trinidad & Tobago, Macedonia, Estonia, Ukraine, France, Mexico, Andorra, Austria and Croatia
3 against Jamaica

So just 4 of them goals have been scored against 'proper' opposition- Uruguay, France, Mexico and Croatia, which isn't good enough to even get us close to winning the Euros
hold on at least u could say they were all open play international goals not like rooneys penalties,

try all u like but crouch should start on paper

taxi Phil

« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2012, 06:50:54 PM »

3 against Jamaica

hold on at least u could say they were all open play international goals not like rooneys penalties,

But not on grass.

whopper

« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2012, 06:53:56 PM »

3 against Jamaica

But not on grass.
so would you start carroll and defoe then........ Are they going to score more for england?

whopper

« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2012, 07:07:35 PM »

Oh and dont get me started on paul 'prick tease' scholes!!! Get your boots back on and earn your money, zidane rates you but puts you to shame in his spirit!!!

Hamilton

« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2012, 07:42:09 PM »

Will Rodders be with the England party?

bighairedmike

« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2012, 01:52:18 AM »

3 against Jamaica

You can only score against what's put in front of you. Look at some of the defences he's scored against this season, and turn try and make your point again.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2012, 08:13:48 AM »

Will Rodders be with the England party?

He is,as is Mark Sertori.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 England euro 2012 thread