PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for next season
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Team for next season  (Read 14425 times)

Lew Needham

Re: Team for next season
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2009, 01:56:31 PM »

Have to agree with Jimbo. I like Shaun and think he will be a great player but he's no way near the level the likes of Craney or Ellison were when they were sold.

I honestly don't think there has been an Alty player who has consistently been amazing this year, except Greg Young. Don't get me wrong as a team we have done really well.

I think budget permitting we will be able to keep all the players. If scouts are watching Shaun then I think they will be more than happy to keep tabs and let him learn his trade for another season. Dale doesn't score enough (although a team he had a blinder against may come in for him but think its unlikely)

Greg is my biggest concern but apart from that i'm fairly confident we can keep this squad together. Even more so if we end the season on a high with a good game against Cambridge!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 02:02:23 PM by Lew Needham »

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2009, 02:35:19 PM »

Greg is my biggest concern but apart from that i'm fairly confident we can keep this squad together.

Greg is still contracted for this coming season, he signed a two year deal last summer.  I think he's less likely than Shaun or Dale for a higher club to go after as he's already played in the professional ranks, and apparently didn't cut the mustard then.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2009, 06:03:33 PM »

I was merely relating the relevant bits from an interview with Shaun in the NLP.

Hence I am inclined to believe what he is reported to have said and what I posted with regard to the circumstances of his departure from Everton.

I believe that he was on trial at Bradford but didn't play for them very much, nor even train with them much either. We all know how many players come to us on trial and don't play for whatever reason despite being quality players. They then leave and generally either reappear higher up the pyramid or come back and haunt us whilst playing for someone else.

Yes, I believe that he came to us because his dad (True legend) knows Graham and we snapped him up on a contract quite quickly after that.

jimbo

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2009, 12:20:07 PM »

brilliant ats .what players come to us who  are quality but go somewhere else higher up the pyrimid?you are basically saying gh and gb cant spot a decent player then.i could of played for milan but had a slight injury when my trail came up.?he isnt injured now ,wheres everton or bradford or whoever.come on mate

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2009, 12:51:08 PM »

If you choose to interpret my comments as a criticism of GH and GB then that's your decision. They most certainly were not meant as any such thing.

I feel sure that the interview from the NLP which I have to an extent paraphrased is probably still available on line somewhere as it seems to me that your view is that I have made all this up although why on earth I'd want to do that when there is empirical evidence there to shoot me down I really couldn't speculate

jimbo

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2009, 03:06:33 PM »

big words to try to show how inteligent you are.very clever ats.you still havnt explained the quality players we have on trial who never get on then leave and go higher up the pyramid???.this is just banter by the way .only a difference of opinion not personal.

joe

Team next season
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2009, 03:15:24 PM »

Michael Twiss and Adam Yates are two that spring to mind,i'm sure there are plenty more.

Alex

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2009, 04:11:59 PM »

still to this day wish we had got yates he looked a quality player, is he still at morecombe?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 04:15:13 PM by The Duke »

Jenga

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2009, 04:35:11 PM »

I was merely relating the relevant bits from an interview with Shaun in the NLP.

Must be true then  ;D

jimbo

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2009, 04:54:35 PM »

adam yates was never here .we were just interested in signing him but he went elsewhere?twiss was here when we were throwing money about with lots of ex league players,so dosnt really count

andrewflynn

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2009, 05:00:08 PM »

adam yates was never here .we were just interested in signing him but he went elsewhere?twiss was here when we were throwing money about with lots of ex league players,so dosnt really count
yates played a game as a trialist.

Alex

« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2009, 05:09:26 PM »

love it, you ask someone to name you a player, you get two then decide that because they don't fit your argument they don't count.

and heres the match report to back up Andrews claim: http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/060727my.htm

joe

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2009, 05:30:03 PM »

Neither counting is clearly moving the goalposts to suit your argument jimbo. Both mentioned players played a trial match for Altrincham but didn't sign and consequently ended up at clubs higher up the pyramid. I think Twiss played in a friendly away to Witton and Yates a home friendly but not sure of the opponents.,

Alex

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2009, 05:45:21 PM »

Neither counting is clearly moving the goalposts to suit your argument jimbo. Both mentioned players played a trial match for Altrincham but didn't sign and consequently ended up at clubs higher up the pyramid. I think Twiss played in a friendly away to Witton and Yates a home friendly but not sure of the opponents.,

as posted above, it was against Manchester City XI lost 1-3 (City side included : Kasper Schmeichel, Gary Breen, Michael Johnson, Willow Flood, Kelvin Etuhu, Danny Sturridge, Joe Hart, Ched Evens)

jimbo

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2009, 09:05:06 PM »

yes he played in a trial game but signed for morcambe because they made him an offer better than ours not because they couldnt get a game here and went somewhere else higher up the pyramid as was indicated.come on lads.?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for next season