News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 MATCH OFFICIALS

Author Topic: MATCH OFFICIALS  (Read 2649 times)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
MATCH OFFICIALS
« on: January 06, 2013, 10:15:14 AM »

Thought they did ok yesterday , what did anyone else think .

taxi Phil

Re: MATCH OFFICIALS
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 11:38:54 AM »

Certainly among the best we've had this season. The young female assistant was particularly good, always up with play and appeared not to miss anything.

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 11:48:53 AM »

Certainly among the best we've had this season. The young female assistant was particularly good, always up with play and appeared not to miss anything.

Apparently, you must have been watching her very carefully!

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 01:22:21 PM »

Can't say I blame him  ;D

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 05:33:38 PM »

She is a rising star and reckoned to have the potential to reach the higher echelons of the game

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 08:14:11 PM »

She is a rising star and reckoned to have the potential to reach the higher echelons of the game
Certainly on yesterday's showing Phil.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 08:19:57 PM »

I'm  sure she ran the line last season , cant remember against who .

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 08:55:12 PM »

It was earlier this season - Home to Bradford Park Avenue, a fixture Refereed by Ian Hussin, brother of Alty legend Eddie

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 09:54:56 PM »

It was earlier this season - Home to Bradford Park Avenue, a fixture Refereed by Ian Hussin, brother of Alty legend Eddie
Played two, won two.........can we have her every week ?  ;)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 10:14:35 PM »

I did ask her to come back soon

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 10:20:24 PM »

Officials did ok yesterday - made a nice change

Get back in yer box!

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 12:38:20 PM »

To answer the original post...

I wasn't very happy with the protection the ref. did not give to our players in the first half:
- Harrogate no.5 was constantly climbing with arm leading on Reevesy and not talked to until too late
- Reeves was dumped on his arse by the main stand mid-first half with not even a free-kick
- Nicky was hacked down near the penalty area and ref. waved play on, advantage maybe, but he didn't address the incident afterwards

I thought their performance improved in the 2nd half and the ref. got the penalties and sending off right.  From where I was sitting it looked for a horrible moment like Damian's leg was broken, as he was lying funny.  So glad he was ok. :)

To sum up, I have seen better, but then I wasn't behind the lady assistant referee!  ;)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 01:38:36 PM »

To answer the original post...

I wasn't very happy with the protection the ref. did not give to our players in the first half:
- Harrogate no.5 was constantly climbing with arm leading on Reevesy and not talked to until too late
- Reeves was dumped on his arse by the main stand mid-first half with not even a free-kick
- Nicky was hacked down near the penalty area and ref. waved play on, advantage maybe, but he didn't address the incident afterwards

I thought their performance improved in the 2nd half and the ref. got the penalties and sending off right.  From where I was sitting it looked for a horrible moment like Damian's leg was broken, as he was lying funny.  So glad he was ok. :)

To sum up, I have seen better, but then I wasn't behind the lady assistant referee!  ;)

To address your points in order. NOT trying to defend the Referee but just attempting to explain why certain things were or were not done.

Rightly or wrongly it does sometimes seem that Damian backs into Centre Backs. Unless you can identify which player has made the first movement it can be difficult to award a free kick in either direction so the best practice sometimes is to call it a case of "six and two threes" and get on with it.

Due to a design fault match officials have only one set of eyes. These face forward and, every so often it is necessary for the official to blink or to look somewhere else. Hence things are missed. I missed a corner in the game I refereed yesterday because I was looking for a striker in an offside position when the ball was crossed and didn't see the very obvious deflection.

Mr Johnson spoke to the offender quietly 'on the move' It was a foul challenge but, in the opinion of the Referee not one which warranted either a card or a public rebuke

Hope (but doubt) this helps

Get back in yer box!

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 02:58:14 PM »

Thanks AltyTS, :)

I don't know why you 'hope (but doubt) this helps'?  I am not closed to your opinion.

For what its worth, I agree Reevesy can be guilty of backing in, maybe the ref. saw it that way.  I dont agree with your (sarcastic?) comment about the ref. not seeing Reevesy being dumped, that is what the assistants are for.  Three pairs of eyes shouldn't all miss such a blatant foul surely?  I know the refs. job isn't easy though, as you imply.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 MATCH OFFICIALS