PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead (and next 2)
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Gateshead (and next 2)  (Read 5554 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gateshead (and next 2)
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2022, 08:45:23 AM »

Well done to those that were calling for perspective.

One way to look at it is that we've lost 6/7 unexpected points (home games v Maidstone, Yeovil & Scunny - maybe a point at Maidenhead) but picked up 4 unexpected ones (Bromley, Boreham Wood, and 2 last night).

Imagine if we were actually a trigger happy club and were now trying to bed in a new manager?! Christ. People were acting like the season was almost over, and that the squad is nowhere near good enough - which isn't true.

Two wins in three doesn't mean we'll finish in the top half either, by the way. It's this concept called 'form'.

Rant over! On to Saturday. Underwhelming home point for Dorking against Yeovil tonight (sounds familiar) so hopefully we're playing them at a good time.

Think is incorrect.

As I wrote in KGR post before Aldershot, the results were unacceptable. 9 games without a win, playing substandard football, with players who arent good enough, requires is to consider maming changes, to avoid the drop.

We looked a bit like it Saturday, but the players a) have to believe in it, b) do it with pace and c) shoot
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2022, 09:05:43 AM »

One way to look at it is that we've lost 6/7 unexpected points (home games v Maidstone, Yeovil & Scunny - maybe a point at Maidenhead) but picked up 4 unexpected ones (Bromley, Boreham Wood, and 2 last night).

Imagine if we were actually a trigger happy club and were now trying to bed in a new manager?! Christ. People were acting like the season was almost over, and that the squad is nowhere near good enough - which isn't true.

Two wins in three doesn't mean we'll finish in the top half either, by the way. It's this concept called 'form'.

Rant over! On to Saturday. Underwhelming home point for Dorking against Yeovil tonight (sounds familiar) so hopefully we're playing them at a good time.

Think is incorrect.

As I wrote in KGR post before Aldershot, the results were unacceptable. 9 games without a win, playing substandard football, with players who arent good enough, requires is to consider maming changes, to avoid the drop.

We looked a bit like it Saturday, but the players a) have to believe in it, b) do it with pace and c) shoot

Yes, but after some early chopping / changing (predominantly due to injuries), the manager has largely kept faith with the same band of 12-13 players.

That same band of players is still on the pitch, and got a result at a place we traditionally get nothing (particularly on a Tuesday night).

One swallow doesn't make a summer... but I just didn't sign up to the fact that wholesale changes were required when we looked competitive in most games - including vs two of the teams most would currently call the 'big three' in this league.

We'll need to continue to tweak things, and hopefully by the time Kozzy / Marriott come back it'll feel like two bonus signings rather than two long overdue saviours.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2022, 09:10:28 AM »

Top result. Tough away trip, especially on a Tuesday.
Well done to the lads and management.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2022, 09:16:10 AM »

Think is incorrect.

Yes, but after some early chopping / changing (predominantly due to injuries), the manager has largely kept faith with the same band of 12-13 players.

That same band of players is still on the pitch, and got a result at a place we traditionally get nothing (particularly on a Tuesday night).

One swallow doesn't make a summer... but I just didn't sign up to the fact that wholesale changes were required when we looked competitive in most games - including vs two of the teams most would currently call the 'big three' in this league.

We'll need to continue to tweak things, and hopefully by the time Kozzy / Marriott come back it'll feel like two bonus signings rather than two long overdue saviours.

The worry was how we performed against sides we exoect to struggle, not how we went toe to toe with big sides. The big reason for our midtable (as phil said) was beating those sides away.

It's all my fault.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2022, 09:35:10 AM »

Looks like we are seeing a settled 16/17 players injury dependent. No doubt Kaja, Marriott and Kosylo will feature once fit. No idea where this leaves the likes of Sami, Gould et al as they don't feature for the reserves
Full time and proud of it

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2022, 01:31:59 PM »

To be fair not many have written the team off as not good enough based on the individual playing staff. What I think most have said is that we are three players short of being a decent team and certainly that Kosylo and Marriot will plug some of that deficit. I agree with this.

Not winning in the first nine is and was certainly a serious concern, especially when you look at the teams we have played at home (they are all down here with us except Chesterfield who did not get out of second gear, despite their early scare). It is the home games against these sort of clubs that will secure our future in this division and getting some decent away scalps at the likes of Gateshead that will see us securely in mid-table with a view to kicking on next season.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2022, 01:34:40 PM »

And a big well done to all that we secured three points last night. After two minutes things were not looking great.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2022, 07:55:37 PM »

Well, a tremendous Morrissey gig at the Apollo followed by the treat of switching my phone back on and promptly being greeted by messages informing me that Alty had recorded their first away win of the season at Gateshead.

Heaven knows I'm not miserable now.

Let's hope that last evening's victory can be augmented by the defeat of Dorking Wanderers on Saturday.

Then all I ask is that we eliminate Gateshead from the FA Cup and duly proceed to inflict even more misery on Gary Johnson at Torquay United on 22nd October.

Oh, and not forgetting a triumph in the big one, namely that Cheshire Senior Cup tie at Sandbach United.

Please, please, please, let me get what I want...

« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 07:57:28 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2022, 09:09:00 PM »

8)
Hopefully panic on the streets of Oldham after the win on the riviera

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2022, 09:26:35 PM »

Dagenham Dave is still gloating though!
Full time and proud of it
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead (and next 2)