PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Best of Duncan Watmore compilation Video - Alty TV
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Best of Duncan Watmore compilation Video - Alty TV  (Read 5560 times)

Jenga

Re: Best of Duncan Watmore compilation Video - Alty TV
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2013, 06:46:25 PM »

i could only watch part of that, i actually got a little emotional that he wont be at Alty next season. He really is bloody awesome.
cry baby
what is it with you? Are you simply a keyboard warrior, every post i make you have to add some smart arse comment to it, it is getting a little annoying now, you simply need to grow up.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2013, 07:20:08 PM »

Brilliant work Mark as usual ;D ;D ;D

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2013, 07:43:10 PM »

i could only watch part of that, i actually got a little emotional that he wont be at Alty next season. He really is bloody awesome.
cry baby
what is it with you? Are you simply a keyboard warrior, every post i make you have to add some smart arse comment to it, it is getting a little annoying now, you simply need to grow up.
oh ran a 10 k have we ? Getting all feisty ? You better be looking after that flag well xx
ParkINson's red and white army

thegazelle

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2013, 08:20:55 PM »

he certainly needs to grow UP but at 40 no chance now  ;)

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2013, 08:52:24 PM »

Brilliant Video Mark, what a pity you can't include away matches and in particular Duncan's destruction of the Droyslden defence at the Butchers Arms.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2013, 08:55:43 PM »

he certainly needs to grow UP but at 40 no chance now  ;)
  I am 39 for another 2 months I will have you know :)
ParkINson's red and white army

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2013, 09:02:49 PM »

Brilliant Video Mark, what a pity you can't include away matches and in particular Duncan's destruction of the Droyslden defence at the Butchers Arms.

As good as Dunc was that night,...even I could have destroyed the Droylsden defence that night!

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2013, 10:09:34 AM »

For more than 20 years, I have believed that Paul Showler was the most exciting player that I had ever seen play for Alty........Duncan Watmore has topped that this season in my view.

Hmmm....that's an interesting debate, Mister Flynn.

What a pity that we only got to watch both of them play one full season for the Robins.

In Paul Showler's case, I think it's worth noting that his performances were actually in a higher division.

However, I do believe that Watmore has the potential to play at a higher level than the one which Showler eventually reached.

A very interesting one indeed.

I'd say that Showler looked a complete player in that 90-91 season, a Championship player inexplicably playing in the Conference - I think he was in his mid 20s at the time? - whereas Duncan was obviously more raw last season. But when Duncan was on song, he was unplayable in a way that even Showler rarely was. I think it's Duncan's directness that gives him the edge in terms of generating excitement on the terraces - once teams cottoned on to Showler's threat down the left, they'd often double up on him down that side but because Duncan could cause chaos from any point on the field, that was harder to do with him.

Barry's right about how sad it is that we only saw the two players for relatively short spells. But the present board's handing of Duncan's departure is in marked contrast to the way in which Showler was allowed to leave for free, so there's that to console us.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Best of Duncan Watmore compilation Video - Alty TV